PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

watercrawl
05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
My name's Adam....and I'm feeling kind of homeless lately. Miss my friends.

Need to send a few people some PT's....see if we can sort some things out.

WildBoar
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi, Adam. Glad you found your way here. Good luck with the sorting-out.

Pensacola Tiger
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome, Adam. I have no problems with "dual citizenship".

Rick

rockbox
05-05-2011, 02:38 PM
I was wondering if you were going to come over. I'm glad you did.

rockbox
05-05-2011, 02:41 PM
You know what would be awesome. You and I should totally go after each other on this board, and make Dave put us in timeout. LOL

bprescot
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Hey Adam! Good to see you over here!

Aphex
05-05-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm shure you'll get a warm welcome from most, if not everybody here. The situation at KF seemed a pretty impossible situation to mod.

After just watching the greiving relatives of 9/11 on tv, some things are not worth arguing about.

Tony.

Dave Martell
05-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi Adam - welcome! I'm glad to see you here. :)

I'd like to take this chance to say that even though we've had some recent issues that I still consider you my friend and I hope that we can put all that old crap behind us and move forward. I'm sure that everyone here will welcome you just the same. So come on in and get comfy. :)

Dave

Dave Martell
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
You know what would be awesome. You and I should totally go after each other on this board, and make Dave put us in timeout. LOL

Dude that's too funny but please don't mess with me, I'm a rookie. :)

Jim
05-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Dude that's too funny but please don't mess with me, I'm a rookie. :)

Oh brother!

Welcome aboard Adam. I am looking forward to your participation!

RRLOVER
05-05-2011, 06:34 PM
Cool!! Hows the grinding going?

Michael Rader
05-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Adam. I'm new here and am almost afraid to ask what happened over at KF...

-M

mr drinky
05-05-2011, 06:46 PM

-M

You might be new, but your are indeed wise -- wise to be afraid that is. Just kidding.

I'm glad to see you back Adam.

k.

apicius9
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Adam, great to see you here. This has become a real nice place and the smilies are better also, so:

:hbday:

Stefan

oivind_dahle
05-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi Adam

Youre still a member of the pack :)

Potato42
05-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Happy birthday Adam! Show me something sharp!:wink:

PierreRodrigue
05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
ADAM!!! I for one, (as well as a lot of others) am happy to see you here, looking forward to all I know you got to offer! There are a great bunch of guys here, most if not all the familliar faces, and a bunch of new ones, pull up a chair, grab a beer, and have fun!

Marko Tsourkan
05-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome, pardner!

Now that most of the old crew are here, we can have a knife making contest, an idea Hoss pitched, but because of the KF implosion, it was shelved. Besides, you had an early start. :)

M

mr drinky
05-05-2011, 08:57 PM
Welcome, pardner!

Now that most of the old crew are here, we can have a knife making contest, an idea Hoss pitched, but because of the KF implosion, it was shelved. Besides, you had an early start. :)

M

I was hoping one of you would bring that up. Don't you both have some Hoss damascus waiting to shine for the rest of us?

k.

Eamon Burke
05-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Hey Adam! Nice to see you again!

-M

We outgrew the old forum. It(KF) started out tiny and exploded, even this sizable community is just one tiny piece of it. I feel like the exodus is given some kind of Voldemort-level hush-hush status since everyone has feelings and whatnot, but the fact is, it wasn't one thing or person. We just grew too big for the nest, and opposing commercial interests necessitated the founding of a new board, to serve the people!

Plus I can't check the bloody thing anymore, all the ads don't work in my browser.

Michael, guys like you are what make this forum special, IMO. But guys like Adam are what made the old one special.

Peacock's gotta fly!

Eamon Burke
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Side note, Adam, you should check this thread out:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?669-Fish-n-Poi-The-Original-Rehandle-King

watercrawl
05-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

chazmtb
05-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Glad to see you here Adam.

JohnnyChance
05-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Hey adam! Good to see ya!

mattrud
05-06-2011, 02:56 AM
ADAM!!!! To tired to say anything else. Welcome, please hang around!

unkajonet
05-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Welcome! A new "old face" is always cool! And Happy Birthday!

steeley
05-06-2011, 07:26 PM
All right Adam is here !
now we can tap the keg .
if there was one person that i hoped would come by it was Adam.
and show us your knife work:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::woot:

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Again, thanks everyone.

Eamon, that was a nice thread of Fish's work. Thanks!

Mario, grinding is going well. I'm on the verge of finishing the grinding on a suji and barring a mishap in the last little bit, it looks to be really well done which makes me super happy. No overgrinds yet and even side to side. It only took me about 3 hours to grind though. Thanks go to all the people who helped with answers to questions.

Marko, I'm near done grinding my entry. :)

Dave, I'd love to get past the past.

There are more than a couple of you guys here that I'm sure have some opinions of me that aren't kid friendly. Please know that I did what I thought was best in the best way I could find at the time. Some things I did wrong....hindsight is 20/20. I'd have given a fair amount to not be the moderator of KF for those few weeks, but I was and I made the best of it.

There are some deep wounds that need healing. Like someone recently told me...we're guys, isn't nothing a beer and fist bump can't fix. I have the beer...anyone that care's to join me is free to do so here or by PT. I'm sure we can figure out our differences.

Thanks again from all of you who welcomed me. I look forward to getting back in touch with all of the old faces and the new as well.

Marko Tsourkan
05-09-2011, 11:51 AM
A...

Marko, I'm near done grinding my entry. :)

I haven't started yet. We need somebody to take an initiative and to get everybody interested in.

M

mhlee
05-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Adam:

I wasn't a long time KF member, but got banned for raising, IMO, an inconsistent standard at KF and using one colorful term. The e-mail to me said a "one week" ban, weeks later, I still couldn't log in.

Nonetheless, I always appreciated your insight and knowledge. Welcome. :) Good to see you here.

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Michael -

Should be fixed now. Sorry it never got lifted.

mhlee
05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks Adam. No worries though. I rarely go there anymore.

Before everything went down, I was just hoping for a response to my PM to you about which knifemakers you thought had the best geometry and grind! :thumbsup:

Salty dog
05-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I stop in from time to time but try to avoid posting. When I do it's without malice yet I still find myself stirring the pot. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been banned. I'd rather not be.

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 01:09 PM
I stop in from time to time but try to avoid posting. When I do it's without malice yet I still find myself stirring the pot. Honestly I'm surprised I haven't been banned. I'd rather not be.

Scott, I'll send you a PT over this. :)

Salty dog
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Cool. Just emptied my box.

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, I guess I won't as your inbox is full as was Colin's.

Salty dog
05-09-2011, 01:26 PM
I tried to empty it.

sebcat@msn.com

Should be good now.

tk59
05-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Careful posting your email address like this.

Salty dog
05-09-2011, 02:17 PM
This one has been all over the place.

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Worked that time Scott.

sudsy9977
05-09-2011, 03:45 PM
welcome to the forum boss!....good to have uhere....ryan

watercrawl
05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Before everything went down, I was just hoping for a response to my PM to you about which knifemakers you thought had the best geometry and grind! :thumbsup:

I can't find this PT. :) Sorry! I'll shoot you one here.

wenus2
05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Peacock's gotta fly!
:happy3::lolsign:
That, Sir, is some funny shizz.

:bye:
Welcome Adam, I think your contribution here will be greatly appreciated.
You tried to be fair and make the right decisions and nobody can fault you for that regardless the outcome. You did the best you could with a bad situation.
Here's to what's to come
:beer:

RRLOVER
05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
I haven't started yet. We need somebody to take an initiative and to get everybody interested in.

M

I am ready,I just need to remember how to make a Wa handle:bashhead:

apicius9
05-11-2011, 12:37 AM
I am ready,I just need to remember how to make a Wa handle:bashhead:

When you find out, let me know :biggrin2:

deanb
05-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Hey Adam!! Good to see you here. I'll be forever grateful to you for selling the Kramer to me. I'm so glad to see you and Dave burying the hatchet.

steeley
05-12-2011, 02:21 AM
The past is the past
and Osamba is dead
and i need more knifes :jumping3:

deanb
05-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Bump

The BoardSMITH
05-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't get a lot of chance to check all the threads, just to darn busy. But I'm glad I spotted this one. Welcome Adam! The sandbox is becoming a little more complete with each passing day.

watercrawl
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey Adam!! Good to see you here. I'll be forever grateful to you for selling the Kramer to me. I'm so glad to see you and Dave burying the hatchet.

Yikes, missed this Dean! :)

Glad you're still enjoying it.

It's good to be here amongst my old friends and not be a moderator. I want to enjoy talking about the kitchen again and I think I can get that here.

Dave and I were friends for far too long before that whole mess and time will heal what happened.

watercrawl
05-20-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't get a lot of chance to check all the threads, just to darn busy. But I'm glad I spotted this one. Welcome Adam! The sandbox is becoming a little more complete with each passing day.

Nice to be here David. It's funny to hear from you today....Sean and I were talking about you and your missing knuckle last night. :D

The BoardSMITH
05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
The skin over the knuckle is paper thin and still red, after almost two years of healing. That cleaver had to be as sharp as a scalpel the way is sliced the skin off and I never felt a thing.

Zeno
05-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Hey Adam, this might sound weird and cheesy coming from a infrequent poster, but I'm real glad to see you here.

I hope that everyone can let go of the old grudges and move on. Too many communities - whether it's online communities, families, neighborhoods, or nations - allow themselves to become fractured over such feuds.

I like to think and hope that everyone here is smart enough to realize that nobody is perfect and circumstances aren't perfect, but holding on to grudges usually does no good for anyone.

I wish I had time to post more often, but in case I can't, I'll just say in closing that although knives are one of my hobbies, I didn't go to KF every day to catch up on all the new posts just because of knives - I went there every day because of the great community that was there.

I'm happy to say that this place has regained most of that magic, and built upon it further.

If there are any fence sitters out there reading this - come on in, the water is fine! :thumbsup2:

SpikeC
05-26-2011, 02:43 PM
The skin over the knuckle is paper thin and still red, after almost two years of healing. That cleaver had to be as sharp as a scalpel the way is sliced the skin off and I never felt a thing.

Funny thing about that sort of thing-when I was doing my first ballottine I sliced off the top of the first knuckle on the middle finger of my left hand. I put it back in place and taped it down, and it grew back on! It is a bit more red than the rest of he skin, but it is firmly attached!

watercrawl
05-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the welcome Zeno!

Potato42
05-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Nice to be here David. It's funny to hear from you today....Sean and I were talking about you and your missing knuckle last night. :D

I'm never gonna hear the end of it:p Betcha David never has me sharpen one of his knives, and I'll bet he never wants to see that cleaver again!

Jim
06-13-2011, 01:59 PM
- lets stay on topic please, all off topic posts have been removed.

If you wish to discuss this further please send me a PM.

Thank you