PDA

View Full Version : Second Video on Food Release and Performance

Marko Tsourkan
01-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Time to make a second one, with my new geometry - no flex, thicker at the spine and the knife has more heft to it. Thinner version will also be available, but this time I will make a video of thicker version only. Eventually, I will compare the two.

There was a request a while back for push and pull cut on potatoes soaked overnight and refrigerated - this will be included in the video. My usual suspects are tomatoes, carrots, onions and apples.

What else do you want me to cut and how should I prepare the stuff to cut?

I will cram all in one video. It's going to be as bad as the first one, but you should be able to see the knife performance.

TB_London
01-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Sounds interesting, sweet potatoes or something similarly hard like swede (rutabaga) would be good to see. Looking forward to the vid

Marko Tsourkan
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Sweet potatoes are in, if I can find rutabaga, I will include it too.

Zwiefel
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
if I can find rutabaga, I will include it too.

Sometimes it's called "yellow turnips"...HTH.

heirkb
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Horizontal and vertical cuts on onion would be good ones.

ThEoRy
01-22-2013, 07:48 PM
I have a shitload of rutabaga...... hint hint.

Cipcich
01-22-2013, 08:07 PM
It's going to be as bad as the first one, but you should be able to see the knife performance.

Hmm. This may be a weak point in your program. I'm no cinematographer, but, using a Canon HFM41 (I'm sure there are better cameras available), I don't think I've ever (or least not often) made a "bad" video; if there was any light at all, it looked good.

You're a good photographer, so what's the problem?

Andrew H
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
You're a good photographer, so what's the problem?

Modesty.
Marko, can you also do just normal potatoes so we all have a reference point? I don't cut many overnight soaked potatoes. Something you rock chop would be nice also, herbs?

Squilliam
03-04-2013, 07:29 AM
I would like to see the knife placed on top of a carrot and pulled back and forth with no hand pressure - only the weight of the blade. It's a clear test to reveal the geometry and I highly regard it. (It isn't a pass or fail test either).

Dream Burls
03-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Horizontal and vertical cuts on onion would be good ones.

+1