PDA

View Full Version : The Fan Awaits. Mother's Day

Salty dog
05-07-2011, 07:27 PM
We don't do Mother's Day so the $hit starts in about 15 minutes.

Good luck tomorrow boys. I'll be facing the wind and thinking of you!:razz:

Salty dog
05-07-2011, 07:36 PM
OK, break over. See you guys after service.

Eamon Burke
05-08-2011, 01:12 AM
Hope you got slammed. Nothing like sweat and money in the bank!

The fam and I had to walk away from a restaurant about 40 minutes past our reservation, and we were still waiting in the STREET. The patio and sidewalk was still full. *** is the point to taking a reservation?

We ate at Panera Bread...it was empty and delicious.

ThEoRy
05-08-2011, 01:14 AM
Thanks, I'll be plating about 400 dinners for a la carte service. Limited special menu so it'll be a breeze. We crank food out like a machine back there. It's all in the prep and mis en place.

Enjoy your day Scott, drink a cold one. :cool2:

Adamm
05-08-2011, 06:59 PM
300 people on a buffet for me, piece of cake, not im at home, enjoying a cold one

StephanFowler
05-09-2011, 09:55 AM
I made dinner, for my wonderful wife (had to be a little plain as she had been sick Fri/Sat)

oven roasted chicken on the bone, homemade fresh spinach ravioli with ricotta in pesto, and steamed carrots w/ a little cinnamon.

hope everyone had a great mothers day

MikeZ
05-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Went to my moms brought food and cooked there.. god bless cast iron for keeping heat with her crappy range.. fresh salad greens from the farmers market with a homemade dressing, seared spring broccoli raab & vadilla onion slices, chicken marsala also with mushrooms from the farmers market, gluten free pasta, then cheesecake (store bought) and fruit salad... oh i think i finished 2 bottles of wine too :)

Potato42
05-10-2011, 05:51 PM
I cooked up some ribs in the oven nice and slow. I gave them a rub of salt (Sel Gris), pepper (crushed red and black), cumin, paprika and a dash of a few other things. Sauce was composed of tomato base with vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, worcestershire sauce, tabasco, mustard and some other spices I'm sure I'm leaving out.

I would have liked to have finished them on the grill outside, but it needs some TLC before it gets put to use again. I also have it in mind to make a smoker down the road.