PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Knife, anyone ever used one?

Notaskinnychef
02-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Hi all, was wondering if anyone here has ever bought/used one of these things:

http://www.amazon.ca/Sinclair-Cardsharp2%C2%AE-Cardsharp-Credit-Utility/dp/B008RST9YA

They are only 13 grams and 2.2mm so certainly handy for having around in your wallet. Granted this would not be advisable to have while boarding a plane or something ofc but I am interested to see what you all think since having a small and lightweight utility knife for random things here and there sounds like a good idea :knight:

Ebay sells them cheaper than amazon but thought I would use that link as a reference. Thanks for your input.

rdm_magic
02-18-2013, 03:19 PM
I guess they might be good for opening packets and stuff. I can't really think of a use for them that something else wouldn't do better, other than the fact that you could pretty much always have it with you.

Notaskinnychef
02-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Definitely just for convenience, this won't be the best at anything but it's nice to always have something on ya

NO ChoP!
02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
I have one. Rarely, rarely use it, as I carry a carbon opinel in my pocket to work, and a spyderco outside of work...but, when I do use it, I'm sure glad I have it!

It really is compact, and folds nicely. In hand its not too comfortable, but in a pinch it works....

rdpx
02-18-2013, 07:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPeuWzQ1Pk&feature=player_embedded

Jmadams13
02-18-2013, 11:04 PM
Sometimes I can't believe I watch this crap, lol. Interesting little EDC though.

kalaeb
02-18-2013, 11:19 PM
I want an american express black card just so I can sharpen it to a razor sharp edge. :)

shaneg
02-19-2013, 06:05 AM
I want an american express black card just so I can sharpen it to a razor sharp edge. :)

And watch the cashier slice their palm open? Not sure if psycho or genius... haha

mr drinky
02-19-2013, 06:35 AM

The Chase United MileagePlus Club Card actually has a layer of metal sandwiched in the middle, so I would recommend this card for sharpening ;)

k.

Notaskinnychef
02-19-2013, 05:40 PM
basically I am wanting either this or maybe a victorinox swiss card. Lord knows this is not something I will use frequently, and the cardsharp isn't a great blade, but being so small and portable, I am still leaning towards it

Korin_Mari
02-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Weird but pretty cool. I wonder if you you can actually sharpen them. :D

Notaskinnychef
02-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Well i gave in and bought one, 18 bucks shipped, i will let people know how it is once i get it. For some reason I find myself coming back to that knife so i decided to buy it instead of other slightly larger wallet sized accessories.