PDA

View Full Version : Been Busy

The BoardSMITH
02-19-2013, 06:04 PM
I haven;t posted much since last year, in fact, I haven't had a lot of time to even read much here for the past several months. Since last October, I am averaging 21 to 30 orders per week and we have been shipping 15 to 22 per week except for this week, only 9 orders so far. So each week I get a little further behind. Maybe one day I will be like Carter and have a one year wait. My shelves are still bare and as fast as I make the boards they go out the door. Lumber purchases are far and away above last year and my lumber dealer loves me. I lost my part-time helper in January but before she left we cut out 60 boards, managed to glue 40 of those and still managed to ship 17 that week. I ran an ad and had a lot of replies, interviewed several and offered a part-time job to the most qualified who didn't bother to show up. :censored: So I start again looking and hope I can find someone. Meanwhile, the orders keep coming in.

So, the bottom line is, if you have an order with me, I am working on getting it and the other 45 out as quickly as I can. I will be happy to answer phone calls and emails but be aware a lot of the emails aren't making it because of a glitch with Time-Warner that no one can seem to correct. I even found that some order receipts never made it to me because of this.

Notaskinnychef
02-19-2013, 06:11 PM
well its a good problem to have :)

glad business is going well, GL on the hunt for a quality staff member too

ThEoRy
02-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm proud to say I just became a part of David's problems last night in fact. Looking forward to some killer mahogany!!

kalaeb
02-19-2013, 08:12 PM
That's great that you are so busy, but sucks that you can't fnd decent help. Good luck in the hunt once again.

chinacats
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Kinda' sucks that you are in the 'furniture capital' and still can't get good help. Good luck, maybe the right one will show up soon.

Cheers!

mc2442
02-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Glad you are doing well and keeping busy!

Johnny.B.Good
02-20-2013, 12:39 AM
Busy is good!

Hope you find a qualified (and reliable!) assistant soon.

The BoardSMITH
04-05-2013, 05:21 AM
True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.

ThEoRy
04-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Sweet!! I hope one of those is my 18 x 24 mahogany! :D

DeepCSweede
04-05-2013, 12:57 PM
True, I am swamped with orders, today 24 will ship out leaving about 40 orders, but the wait isn't 2 months. If I can get the stock built up a little the wait will be down to one week or so for stock boards. One of these days I will learn to eat wood like a termite and come out on the other end with a finished board. Or at least I get the impression from some people that I shouold be able to do that.

You mean you can't?!?? There goes my day... I guess next you are going to tell me the Easter Bunny isn't real too!

cgul629
04-05-2013, 08:46 PM
I got the notice today that my board shipped, so it was approximately 2 weeks on my stock size board. That's a quick turnaround for a hand crafted item in my book.

ThEoRy
04-05-2013, 11:09 PM
I got the notice today that my board shipped, so it was approximately 2 weeks on my stock size board. That's a quick turnaround for a hand crafted item in my book.

I hate you. I'm going on six weeks, David Help!! :poke1:

Patatas Bravas
04-05-2013, 11:24 PM
I also got the shipping notice today on my stock board :) However, it's been over 1.5 months since my order in this case. :( Still, looking forward.

ThEoRy
04-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I also got the shipping notice today on my stock board :) However, it's been over 1.5 months since my order in this case. :( Still, looking forward.

Aaaaaaaaannnnd you are now also on my list of people to enviously hate. :D

Reede
04-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Of course, I bought one that was posted here on KKF, and only had to wait 2 days for a shipping notice. Ha!

toddnmd
04-06-2013, 11:21 PM
I recently received a board. It shipped a little over a month from when I ordered.