PDA

View Full Version : Walnut Bases and Strops

Marko Tsourkan
03-13-2013, 02:55 AM
Heading to a lumber yard tomorrow to pick up some walnut for bases and strops. I like to use quartersawn walnut, as it this cut, it is the most stable.

I will need to ask you guys what finish you would prefer. I can do Tru-Oil finish or Poly. Poly would be good if the base might come in contact with water. Tru-Oil has the closest finish to a natural look.

M

Johnny.B.Good
03-13-2013, 03:02 AM
I can't see myself getting the base wet (or leaving it that way if it happens), so I don't think that's an issue.

Whatever you think looks best gets my vote.

Von blewitt
03-13-2013, 03:08 AM
I can't see myself getting the base wet (or leaving it that way if it happens), so I don't think that's an issue.

Whatever you think looks best gets my vote.
Yep +1

kalaeb
03-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Poly is probably cheaper and a little more water resistant, no? Also seems like I have to do at least 4 coats of tru oil to get a consistent finish. Poly usually takes less.

wenus2
03-13-2013, 04:15 AM
I guess it would depend, do you recommend to use the diamond stones dry?

Marko Tsourkan
03-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Poly is probably cheaper and a little more water resistant, no? Also seems like I have to do at least 4 coats of tru oil to get a consistent finish. Poly usually takes less.

They are comparable in price. I buy Tru-Oil in quart bottles and I use a type of Poly that you apply by hand. Both would require 5-6 coats to build up a thin film.

Tru-Oil finish preserves a natural look. Poly has a duller finish, but offers a better protection from elements. Both will be in satin finish (not gloss).

When you spray felt strops with diamond spray you will get a little bit of it on the wood. Not a big deal - you can clean it up with a wet rag.

I use a drop of water or two on the surface of the plate when sharpening, and then just wash the plate and pad-dry. You need very little water to lubricate the surface for smooth sharpening.

I hope to pick some nice grain walnut today for bases/strops and cutting boards. It's like a treasure hunt, you never know what you will find.

I am also in the process of ordering new branding heads with my logo 1" tall and 1/2" tall (my old logo is Marko Designs). It's going to be two+ weeks before I get the new heads, so if I end up shipping bases/strops before that, the old logo will be burned onto the bottom side of a strop or base. The new logo will go on a side of either of these.

Thanks,

M

skiajl6297
03-13-2013, 09:04 AM
I like a more natural finish - but defer to your judgment on what looks best (and performs best). Looking forward to this!

Anton
03-13-2013, 10:58 AM
Does Poly really take away form the looks? In my case the bases are display pieces, I would consider beautiful functional tools (contradicting? perhaps...), and over time it will get wet, either through moisture or just being around the kitchen.... I'll say Poly.

Marko, I'm assuming you have been using these already, what's your experience? how are these holding up?

Mrmnms
03-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I use water with all my diamond plates. I will defer to Marko on the choice of finish. You can make mine last, no rush.

cookinstuff
03-13-2013, 01:52 PM
I think I would go poly for mine, will probably end up bringing it to work, where accidents love to happen.

Marko Tsourkan
03-13-2013, 02:55 PM
It's a hard call for me. For aesthetic reasons, I prefer Tru-Oil over Poly. For practical reasons, Poly offers more protection. I am going to look into the two finishes a little more, list all cons and pros (maybe even two samples) and have you guys decide one or the other.

Got some really nice walnut for bases and strops and for a few boards.

M

Johnny.B.Good
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I will defer to Marko on the choice of finish. You can make mine last, no rush.

+1

I want the "new" logo!

don
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
+1

I want the "new" logo!

I'll wait for the new logo too.

Marko Tsourkan
03-13-2013, 08:23 PM
I placed an order today for two logo heads: a larger one (boards) and smaller one (strops, magnetic strips, counter-top stands, etc). Production time is 2 weeks plus shipping time. The company is located in California, so I shouldn't expect them before 3 weeks time.

I got most of the supplies, so I can start making things soon.

I like the walnut I got today. Bases will be 1.25" tall, so there will be plenty to show.

skiajl6297
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
No preference on makers mark for me. Feel free to do what works for you. I know who made it. Sooner it's ready the better! (First strop, new to this, eager to learn, etc.)

Marko Tsourkan
03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
No problem. I need to burn a maker's mark before I start finishing process, but I will make all strops as a group, so once I am done with woodworking part, those strops with old maker's mark, will go into finishing stage, and will be delivered faster, while the others will wait for new branding heads to arrive, and then go into finishing stage. I need about 5 days to put 4-5 coats of finish.

I will use this thread to post pictures of work in progress.

M

Marko Tsourkan
03-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Here is the new logo (upgrade over Marko Designs). These heads are quite expensive, so I would like to ask for your opinion, before I authorize the production. Thank you.

WildBoar
03-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Clean, classy, looks like a store logo on Madison Avenue.

Marko Tsourkan
03-15-2013, 09:47 PM
It's all I know, I lived in NYC for most of my time in the US, and though I live in Westchester now, my heart is still in NYC. Will move back there in a hart beat, though in Brooklyn.

As for classiness, I have an appreciation for well made things and try to imitate it. The roots of this probably stem from Germany though. When I lived there in the early 90s, I worked with a older German guy named Alfred. He told me once, if you do something, do it well, otherwise, why bother. That stuck with me for all these years.

M

Dream Burls
03-15-2013, 11:05 PM
You might want to think about moving the logo portion a bit to the left. It looks pretty close to the print. If you don't get a really clean edge they might bleed together a little. Just a thought.

Johnny.B.Good
03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
You might want to think about moving the logo portion a bit to the left. It looks pretty close to the print. If you don't get a really clean edge they might bleed together a little. Just a thought.

I think the design is great, but was thinking the text is a bit close to the logo too...

Marko Tsourkan
03-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Walnut just got delivered, so will start on strops (strop w/felt attached) shortly.

M

Bill13
03-18-2013, 02:11 PM
I would move the logo a bit to the left too. Also the top of the A and the bottom of the T look so close to the circle that when burning is there enough separation?

Marko Tsourkan
03-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I made the change in the graphics already, so the new logo should have a wider space between the circle and the last name. I am not 100% sure about having it on the left or the right. Once I get a new branding head, I will experiment with the placement.

Mrmnms
03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Your magnetic strip are very cool. Wish I had space for 1

Crothcipt
05-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Any word on these? I ordered a strop through your website on the 16th of March, and am wondering how close.

Marko Tsourkan
05-20-2013, 10:00 AM
The bases with attached strops are on the last coat of finish and will ship mid week. The bases for a plate require 2-3 more coats, so will ship by the end of the week, likely on Saturday. All plates and supplies are in, so shipments will include complete orders.

I might not be able to get all out, but should get most out this week. Pics as soon as finish is cured.

Thanks for your patience,

M

Crothcipt
05-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Thank you Marko.

toddnmd
05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Marko,

I just ordered a walnut base with strop last week. Just curious if all the ones you're working on finishing are accounted for or not. What kind of delivery time can your customers expect?

Marko Tsourkan
05-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Forgot to add that I changed design slightly. New design kind of falls into the line with my other stuff, like D handles, strips, (boards will be redesigned) etc.

M

Marko Tsourkan
05-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Hey folks,

This project turned out to take more time than I thought, so I would like to ask you for a little bit of your patience and to apologize for missing the latest deadline. The good news is I am almost there. I like how the bases turned out.

I put together a WIP to show what it takes to make a base from a raw lumber to a finished product.

The process is as following:

- Flattening Wood on a Joiner (in the pictures it's maple for magnetic strips)
- Resawing into planks
- Squaring planks
- Cutting strips into base blanks
- Marking blanks
- Chamfering edges
- Removing wood to recess a plate
- Chamfering bottom (for a comfortable hand grip and for look)
- Hand-sanding
- Sealing wood with Tru-Oil (several applications with steel wool sanding in-between)
- Finish with hand-applied Poly or spray Lacquer

Felt Strops
- Join the surface of magnetic backing and felt with contact cement
- Cut to size

skiajl6297
05-27-2013, 06:43 PM
Are the shorter ones the felt only (without slot for magnetic DMT plates?)

Marko Tsourkan
05-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Yes, shorter are 11.5x2.75 for fixes felt, while the longer are 13x2.65 fo DMT bases.

M

skiajl6297
05-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Cool - thanks for the WIP! Looks like these will be gorgeous!

markenki
05-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Looking good!

Marko Tsourkan
05-28-2013, 09:07 AM
All bases except for one have logo on a side. One has it at the bottom.

There will be no-slip rubber strips on the bottom as well as a rubber lining on the bases for DMT plates.

M

Marko Tsourkan
05-28-2013, 04:09 PM
A quick update.

Strops with felt attached will be finished with TruOil. I think I will apply 2 more coats and then it will be ready to ship.

Some bases for DMT plates will be finished with TruOil, and some with Poly. So far I have the following members' preferences:

Johny.B.Good TruOil
Von blewin TruOil
Anton Poly
Mrmnms Poly
Cookingstuf Poly?
Don TruOil?

Please read about the differences between TruOil and Poly Finishes Here (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/11188-Walnut-Bases-and-Strops?p=189632&viewfull=1#post189632)

WildBoar
05-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Poly for me, please.

Mrmnms
05-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Make it easy on yourself Marko. I'm sure I'll be happy either way. I don't mind touching up with a little oil from time to time if necessary. I defer to you.

Johnny.B.Good
05-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Make it easy on yourself Marko. I'm sure I'll be happy either way. I don't mind touching up with a little oil from time to time if necessary. I defer to you.

+1

Do whatever you want (or think is best) for me.

cookinstuff
05-29-2013, 01:33 AM
Whatever you choose to do is fine by me.

Marko Tsourkan
05-29-2013, 08:48 AM
It has been a while since I used poly, so I will do a poly finish on one block and compare. right now TruOil finish is as close to natural (polished) look as possible. TruOil finish can get in contact with water, as long as you wipe out, you should be fine. Poly finish offers you a peace of mind.

M

Marko Tsourkan
06-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Left till tomorrow to air the adhesives smell, but these are ready to be shipped out.

WildBoar
06-05-2013, 05:22 PM
:bliss:

markenki
06-05-2013, 05:35 PM
They look great!

Anton
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Beautiful! well worth the wait.

Marko Tsourkan
06-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Orders for these folks shipped today. I will send tracking information shortly

toddnmd
crothcipt
markenki
skiajl6297
dchennavasin

markenki
06-06-2013, 09:33 AM
:happy1:

skiajl6297
06-11-2013, 07:40 PM
Got mine - looks beautiful! Now an overnight to let the spray dry and then on to stropping tomorrow!

markenki
06-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Received mine as well. The attention to detail is amazing! Still need to spray and take photos...

Thanks a lot, Marko!

Marko Tsourkan
06-11-2013, 09:26 PM
You are welcome.

Spray a light coat and let dry overnight. If you want more density, give it another coat the following day.

We have had rain after rain this past week so I can't get to finishing the rest with poly. Will ship the rest as I get them finished. These orders will include plates and other stuff you guys ordered. Some will go USPS and some UPS.

M

toddnmd
06-12-2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the directions, Marko!

I'm new to stropping, and was just coming on here to ask for some guidance--glad it was already here! Looking forward to using the strop and spray.

If anyone feels strongly that one coat is enough, or that two is definitely better, please chime in.

Marko Tsourkan
06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the directions, Marko!

I'm new to stropping, and was just coming on here to ask for some guidance--glad it was already here! Looking forward to using the strop and spray.

If anyone feels strongly that one coat is enough, or that two is definitely better, please chime in.

I typically apply one coat and reapply it every 2-3 weeks. On felt you get benefits of stropping from both felt and diamond, so even if the density is not great, you will still see quite an improvement to your edge.

M

Marko Tsourkan
06-18-2013, 01:21 PM
The first 5 orders are shipped out.

This week these will be ready to ship. We have had pretty rainy weather in NE - awful for finish to cure, so things have been moving rather slowly.

I will send out a tracking info once the labels are printed and packages are ready for a drop-off.

WildBoar
Johny.B.Good
Von blewin
Anton
Mrmnms
Cookingstuf

ms4awd
06-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Can these be irdered thru your webstore? Or is there a wait list wouls like to order 1 w the spray

Von blewitt
06-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Does this mean my full package is coming? :D

skiajl6297
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Let me say that as a first strop (albeit quite a fancy and expensive one) the results from the 1 micron spray and the felt has been fantastic. Touching up on carbon has been awesome, revitalizing an 80% edge to 100% with minimal time and without wet mess. Loving this so far! It also helps that the fit and finish is great and my wife doesn't mind this sitting out on a counter (and she hates muddy silpats with drying stones littering my counter!). Since I am a home cook, I genuinely think this will prolong my stones significantly.

Also just a note, if you accidentally get water on this guy it can cause an ugly raised section. Just take a steamy iron on wool setting to it and it will steam the bumps out. I inadvertently took a somewhat wet knife to it and it left a gross tumor looking raised bump. Then googled and found the iron steam solution on another forum.

Thanks again Marko!

Marko Tsourkan
06-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the tip, skiajl6297. Water is only problem for the felt, as far as I know.

I thought stropping prolongs the life of a knife, but now that you mentioned, it also prolongs the life of the stones.

I have been getting numerous inquiries about availability of the strops. The first batch was made to order, and I have to make them in mid-size batches, to make any money on them (I probably broke even on the first run). They are quite labor intensive, particularly the finishing aspect, but I am willing to offer them, as I think they are a good product. It also gives me an opportunity to work with wood. These are made entirely by me - no sourcing out at any stage.

After I ship out the remaining orders, I will do another run of strops and stock them up.

I am also contemplating a group buy for DMT flattening plate (10x4"). These oversize plates are highly efficient at flattening stones, so I think some of you might be interested.

Also, if there is interest, I could offer leather strops on magnetic backing to be used with DMT plates. Leather can be used with diamond spray or felt.

M

I think 1M spray is sufficient, but I am open to stock up on other sizes if there is an interest.

M

Marko Tsourkan
06-19-2013, 07:32 AM
Leather can be used with diamond spray or felt.

M

I meant aluminum oxide

Marko Tsourkan
06-21-2013, 10:44 AM
The first 5 orders are shipped out.

This week these will be ready to ship. We have had pretty rainy weather in NE - awful for finish to cure, so things have been moving rather slowly.

I will send out a tracking info once the labels are printed and packages are ready for a drop-off.

WildBoar
Johny.B.Good
Von blewin
Anton
Mrmnms
Cookingstuf

Want to add that these are poly finished and the finish turned out pretty good. Had 2 days of a nice weather (for curing finish), so the US orders from above are to go out tomorrow. International will be sent a little later, as I need to combine them with other stuff.

I will send you the tracking number once the packages are in the mail.

Next week what's left of the orders including placed recently (bases, plates, spray, etc) will go out.

Whew!!!

Thanks,

Marko Tsourkan
06-21-2013, 08:15 PM
5 US packages are going out tomorrow.

Thanks for being patient, folks. I will clear the remaining orders in the beginning of the week next week.

M

Marko Tsourkan
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Today shipping out orders for:

cheft98
daveb
JamesL
Sanluigi
ksmith

International orders are on hold at the moment, but I will get to them in the next day or two.

M

Crothcipt
06-26-2013, 02:04 PM
I am very happy with your work, and the size. I was not expecting what I got. It is wider, and longer than any stone I have (I don't have any large ones), which gives quite a bit more control. I have not used felt before now. Have heard people say how much they like it, and I can attest to every claim I have heard. It is def. worth a try.

That is a Dt Itk 270, for size. the rest of the knives are just in there.... well for the hell of it.

on the left is a old stock 90mm Sheffield paring knife. From Will Catcheside.

Marko Tsourkan
06-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Thank you.

rogue108
07-19-2013, 04:47 PM
Can someone tell me how the felt is attached to the strop? Is it glued to the base ? or is a magnetic type set up ?

Thanks

Marko Tsourkan
07-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Can someone tell me how the felt is attached to the strop? Is it glued to the base ? or is a magnetic type set up ?

Thanks

There are two types of strops, felt permanently attached to the base and felt has magnetic backing. If you use it over DMT plate, it has magnetic backing.

One uses contact cement to attach felt to wood base or magnetic backing.

M

Wonka1
09-07-2013, 05:06 PM
PM sent about walnut strop with felt! :)

Marko Tsourkan
11-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Going to do a run of these in walnut and maple. I will post an update once these are almost done. They will be finished in poly.

-Bases to fit 11.5x2.5" DMT Plates
-Wood Strops w/felt attached 11x3"

WildBoar
11-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Your walnut base proved pretty popular at the DC Show with the people who were familiar with sharpening. I had one woman pick it up and insist I sell mine to her. She would not take no for an answer, although I was finally able to get it back from her.

Marko Tsourkan
11-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Funny. :D

Marko Tsourkan
11-09-2013, 09:33 PM
I am going to start a new batch next week.

I have two old orders, but other than that, if you are interested, please post here or purchase through web site here (http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index.php/store/product/35-11x3-felt-strop-on-a-walnut-or-maple-base/category_pathway-17), so I have an idea how many to make. I will make these only periodically.

These will be in maple or walnut (same price) and will have felt attached. 11x3" size.

Marko Tsourkan
11-09-2013, 10:06 PM
These are priced at $63.75, will have poly finish and non slip feet. Should be ready to ship on 18th of November.

M

pleue
11-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Guessing I'm one of the old orders but if not put me down. Any pics of the walnut you're using vs. the maple?

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Making 5 strops in each wood. Should be available for shipping next Monday. If anybody is interested, you can purchase it before, or when they are available.

Thanks,

M

CoqaVin
11-10-2013, 11:19 AM
do you have any diamond spray you could sell me?

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 11:20 AM
Diamond spray is on order.

CoqaVin
11-10-2013, 11:33 AM
will I get it with the strop if I order the strop JW what micron as well?

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes, I should have it by the end of the week, if not, I will ship it separately. If you order the strop and the spray together, shipping is free, if the spray by itself, then shipping will be $5.95 extra for the spray.

M

CoqaVin
11-10-2013, 12:15 PM
What would the price be for both together I don't see that on the website?

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 12:28 PM
The set is $74.75. Will add it to the site shortly.

CoqaVin
11-10-2013, 12:34 PM
The set is $74.75. Will add it to the site shortly.

Sorry for asking 308943902482039842039842039842098234098 questions but are there any plans or anything else besides felt AS WELL

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry for asking 308943902482039842039842039842098234098 questions but are there any plans or anything else besides felt AS WELL

What do you mean by anything else?

Strop and spray set are in the store. Click here (http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index.php/store/product/46-11x3-felt-strop-on-a-walnut-or-maple-base-4oz-1micron-honing-spray/category_pathway-17) to view

The 15% business throws me off, as it is applied to all products in the store. I think I might just do fixed prices on all items, including those in the limited time offer.

CoqaVin
11-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Like are they glued to the wooden base? to use different types of materials such as leather, balsa, etc

Marko Tsourkan
11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Currently I am offering two types of strops - a fixed strop, that is a felt is glued to the wood base, and a felt pad with a magnetic backing - to be used with DMT plates in 11.5x2.75 and 8x3".

I tailor products to knives I make and I find that felt and honing spray do miracles to 52100 and other steels I am using, so this is a product you will always find in my product line.

I can offer leather strops if there is a demand for these. I would probably start with getting a splitter to guarantee the uniform thickness of the leather. A good manual splitter costs in mid to high hundreds and a good electric starts at about $1500. If I get 20-30 orders for leather strops, I would bite a bullet and get a splitter. Otherwise, it's just an impractical use of resources (limited, unfortunately, as I still have a huge "to get" equipment list).

Same applies to balsa wood. Is there a demand for it? How much demand?

Marko Tsourkan
11-11-2013, 03:50 PM
5 walnut & 3 maple bases are in works.

ramenlegend
11-11-2013, 05:41 PM
eeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr so tempted to purchase...... :dazed: how long does the felt usually last on these? and then do you strip it off and reglue a replacement?

pleue
11-11-2013, 08:43 PM
I'll take walnut (magnetic felt with the DMT we talked about)

CoqaVin
11-11-2013, 10:04 PM
I'll take walnut (magnetic felt with the DMT we talked about)

If pleue is saying what I think he is ill take the same thing

a walnut base with a magnetic felt pad and a dmt with a diamond spray can you make that happen?

Marko Tsourkan
11-11-2013, 11:33 PM
If pleue is saying what I think he is ill take the same thing

a walnut base with a magnetic felt pad and a dmt with a diamond spray can you make that happen?

I have been making this stuff for some time now.

I find 11.5x2.5 plate more to my liking than 8x3, so these are plates I will offer. You can choose between 1.2K, 4K and 8K. All will work great as a stropping surface for a felt pad with magnetic backing, and the wooden base elevates the sharpening/stropping setup to a comfortable level.

I think it's a good idea for bundling these things together and offering a discount.

Felt can last a long time, I have some I have had for years. One thing you have to watch for is not to make it overly wet, as it makes wool fibers expand. Folks on the forum were able to correct spots that were exposed to moisture with steam iron, but I haven't tried it myself.

You apply a thin coat of honing spray periodically.

M

Marko Tsourkan
11-12-2013, 11:48 AM
After a first coat of finish.

CoqaVin
11-12-2013, 01:38 PM
After a first coat of finish.

the lowest DMT you have is 1.2K?

and also can you send me a link for that complete package that your are talking about

THANKS
MARK

Marko Tsourkan
11-12-2013, 02:11 PM
I can order DMT all the way to 300 grit, but lets keep DMT plates out of this thread. PM me with what you need.

M

Marko Tsourkan
11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
6 strops on a wooden bases are available

3 are on a walnut base
3 are on maple base

I paired them with 4oz of diamond slurry. The slurry has higher concentration of diamond than the batch before it.

Price $75 for the set. Shipping in ConUS is included in the price. Will post pics tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marko

CoqaVin
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
6 strops on a wooden bases are available

3 are on a walnut base
3 are on maple base

I paired them with 4oz of diamond slurry. The slurry has higher concentration of diamond than the batch before it.

Price $75 for the set. Shipping in ConUS is included in the price. Will post pics tomorrow.

Thanks,

Marko

Hey Marko,
We need to work out something
I need a bunch of things you are offering

Marko Tsourkan
11-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Here a few pics taken on a gloomy morning. Maple and walnut bases. I hand-flattened them before attaching felt, so the surface is dead flat.

Von blewitt
11-22-2013, 09:59 AM
Can I swap to Maple?

Marko Tsourkan
11-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes,

So there is 4 walnut, 2 maple available. Probably one maple, as I suspect PenTig will want maple.

M

Marko Tsourkan
11-22-2013, 10:16 AM
4 walnut and 1 maple are available. Just to remind you, these will be paired with 4oz diamond slurry at a cost of $75 shipped in ConUS.

V1P
11-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Marko, I'm interested in 1 walnut. How much would shipping be to Australia?

Thank you.

Ferry

wenus2
11-23-2013, 04:43 AM
Can I swap to Maple?
+1 if it hasn't shipped yet.
Didn't anticipate such a handsome block.
Thanks

V1P
11-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Hi Marko, is there any update to this?

Ferry

Marko Tsourkan
11-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I will ship out blocks and mag strips (was out of wall mounting screws, had to get some today) tomorrow. There were one maple and five walnut blocks available, so the maple block will go to whoever expressed interest first via pm or in the thread.

RoscoesChicken
11-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I will ship out blocks and mag strips (was out of wall mounting screws, had to get some today) tomorrow. There were one maple and five walnut blocks available, so the maple block will go to whoever expressed interest first via pm or in the thread.

Very excited for both- (placed the strop order through your website yesterday) thanks Marko!

-Tony

chefcomesback
11-26-2013, 04:48 AM
I will get the last maple then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Marko Tsourkan
11-26-2013, 01:15 PM
I am sorry, but all maple are bespoken. Onto making some more.

V1P
11-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Marko, pls check my previous pm.

Thank you.

Ferry