PDA

View Full Version : Help: Anyone heard of Dualit??

Tristan
05-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Guys, really need to know if you have any experience with this brand? it is cheap(ish) compared to like Kitchen Aid and seems to house a powerful motor...

http://www.dualit.com/products/xl1500/polished-chrome

Any reviews or hearsay will be useful thanks!

watercrawl
05-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Dualit is a great brand from what I know. However, I've mostly known them for toasters and beaters. SLT used to sell their toasters and they were pretty nice.

Tristan
05-16-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm wondering if people had negative comments. Right now the item is looking pretty sweet. The next closest competitor is a Kitchen Aid processor, which weighs in with less attachments and is only a 650W induction motor vs this thing's 1500w motor.

Of course there are Robot Coupes available, but those are more than 3 times the price of this...

moggi1964
05-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Dualit toasters are my only hands on experience of the brand but they were VERY good.

rockbox
05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Dualit is actually more expensive than kitchenaid in the US since its a European brand. When it comes to food processors, I would stick with kitchenaid, cuisinart, or robo coup. With an FP, the motor power isn't as important as in a mixer because the jobs don't require a lot of torque( kneading bread). The design of the bowl and blades are more important.

MadMel
05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
the robot coupe is kinda expensive lol. I think it costs around 1.7k SGD for a 201. I agree with the kitchen aid although it's more cause I have not seen the dualit in action up close.