PDA

View Full Version : Trade: 240 Masamoto KS Gyuto w/Blond Ferrule

jayhay
04-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey all,

Curious if someone would like to trade for a Masamoto KS 240 gyuto. Great knife, bought it from turbochef, which he purchased from this sale (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/9262-FS-Masamoto-KS-gyuto-240mm?highlight=masamoto+ks), and looks the same. Great knife in all, love the profile and geometry. I just need something with better edge retention for use in a pro kitchen. Sharpened once by me, and takes a screaming edge. Come with the saya.

Looking to trade for a western 240 gyuto...maybe a Ginga Kagero, yo-Konosuke HD, possibly a DT ITK (long shot, and I know it's a wa :)) and I could throw in a few bucks. Just seeing if anyone feels like a trade. Thanks!

rdm_magic
04-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Interested in a straight up sale?

El Pescador
04-29-2013, 12:38 AM
240mm Kochi gyuto w/ a V2 core kU finish?

jayhay
04-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for all the offers everyone, but it's still up for trade. Looking for a western kono hd, kagero or yo-ginga. I'm open to other knives, and maybe a wa-handled blade, if it's the right one (DT or Marko with some cash form me...) :) Not really looking for anything with a KU finish. Feel free to drop a PM, thanks all!

Interested in a straight up sale?

Maybe, but I'd give dibs to turbochef, as he asked me to give him first right of refusal if I went to sell it in the future. But who knows what might happen :)

240mm Kochi gyuto w/ a V2 core kU finish?

Thanks for the offer! Love the Kochi, but I'm trying to stay away from KU finishes ATM.

jayhay
05-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Knife is gone. Thanks to everyone for all the generous offers.