PDA

View Full Version : wanted: jns 1000 stone

panda
05-29-2013, 05:09 AM
looking for a 1k splash n go, this seems to fit the bill so send me an offer if you've got one you're not using. going to be using it in conjunction with a jKs 3k as an easy peasy 1-2 combo.

Squilliam
05-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Unfortunately it's a soaker. Not splash and go.

Mr.Magnus
05-29-2013, 10:24 AM
maxim got a nice stone right now on deal of the day.. but you need to lap it.
http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/dealoftheday.asp

Chefdog
05-29-2013, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately it's a soaker. Not splash and go.

IME it works very well as a splash and go stone. It uses a little water for the first couple minutes, but I haven't noticed any real difference in performance either way. I usually run it under the faucet for a minute or two and have at it.
Either way, it's a very good stone, and I'm keeping it for a while, sorry panda.

panda
05-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Found in one day!! Thank you BST, :)
Thanks for the reassurance chefdog.

gentlecook
05-29-2013, 06:25 PM
IME it works very well as a splash and go stone. It uses a little water for the first couple minutes, but I haven't noticed any real difference in performance either way.

its absolutly not "splash and go" , jns1k drink alot of water.
maybe you dont try another GOOD coarse stones, like Chocera or King hyper.

DeepCSweede
05-29-2013, 06:28 PM
I find that mine is a pretty hefty guzzler of water also, not that I mind that in the least, but I would not consider it a splash'n'go stone.

panda
05-29-2013, 06:30 PM
Perhaps try just a two minute soak and report back on results. Don't knock ot til you try it, I'll find out for myself when it arrives.

Chefdog
05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
its absolutly not "splash and go" , jns1k drink alot of water.
maybe you dont try another GOOD coarse stones, like Chocera or King hyper.

I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at concerning the GOOD coarse stones. I just sold a chosera 400, which I thought was a very nice stone. Maybe our opinions of what constitutes a "lot" of water are different.
Either way, I get good results from the JNS 1K, as I did from the chosera 400.

DeepCSweede
05-29-2013, 11:43 PM
I absolutely love mine I just find that it sucks a lot of water.

Squilliam
05-30-2013, 11:46 PM
It looses the smooth feeling when the surface dries up. To keep the surface moist, the stone relies on the 'beach sand' effect where water will well up around the pressure from a knife. The stone needs to be full of water to perform nicely like this IMO.