PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Hunter

HHH Knives
06-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Hey guys. I just came home from the hospital. My youngest son Hunter had a seizure today. Nothing scarier as a dad then that feeling of your child hurting and you cant do anything about it.

Hes now resting at the hospital with Moma, waiting for the test results from the cat scan and blood work there doing and seems to be normal like nothing happened. Yet Im scared to death still and shaking.

My request is simple. If you believe in the power of prayer. Please shoot up a quick word to the Man above for our family today.

Blessings
Randy

azchef
06-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Done

unkajonet
06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Prayers to Hunter

Pensacola Tiger
06-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Sent, for Hunter, you and the rest of your family.

K9drivr
06-16-2013, 05:55 PM
Done!

cookinstuff
06-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Sent a prayer for your son and the family Randy, hope all is well.

statusquo
06-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Positive thoughts going to you and your son.

tk59
06-16-2013, 06:36 PM
I fear being in your situation every day. Prayer sent.

kalaeb
06-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Included, best wishes for your son and family!

mc2442
06-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Best wishes for your son!

scott6452
06-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Prayers and best wishes sent for your family.

HHH Knives
06-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys. Well, I just got Hunter home. :) He seems OK just a little scared.

They set up some tests for tomorrow. and he will be back there in the morning. Ill keep you all posted, as of now they said he had a seizure. (which we already knew) All the tests they ran blood and cat scan EKG etc were normal? So they dont know what the cause was.. ??

Just wanted to update you all and thank you for the prayers.

God is GOOD! but im still shakin! lol :)

77kath
06-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Good luck to you all

Dream Burls
06-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Have faith and believe he will be okay. My prayers are with you.

Crothcipt
06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
wow what a day for this to happen. Something like that I don't think you will stop shaking for a few days.

prayers are on the way.

sachem allison
06-16-2013, 07:51 PM
done, Brother.

Lefty
06-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Glad to hear he's ok, Randy. Hunter's a great kid. Tell him Lefty is going to send him a little package that was supposed to be sent out a few moths ago. :D

Mrmnms
06-16-2013, 09:09 PM
I felt I'll when I read this Randy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I will look at my children a little differently tonight. You take good care of Hunter and yourself .

Eric
06-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Randy: I am so sorry. Good that the CT was negative, and that he is ok. Hunter will definitely be in my thoughts tonight. Best-eric

cheflarge
06-16-2013, 09:25 PM
Big time prayers!!!!!

God Bless, Randy!!!! Unfortunately I lost my oldest son to malpractice about twenty years ago. I feel your pain, brother, have faith. If it wasn't for my spirituallity, I am sure I would not have made it. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Stay strong!

HHH Knives
06-16-2013, 09:58 PM
Hello again everyone.

Its been a crazy afternoon. And the more I think about the doctor at the hospital sending us home with no answers at all. The more I realize.
As good as our health care system may be... There are still some pretty large holes in it.

Ill be watchin him like a hawk. And Praying it never happens again. We will be calling a neurologist in the morning. and have apt. with the family doctor Monday morning. Ill keep the guys in the loop on this.

Just a little note about Hunter. Hes 11 years old and probably one of the biggest 11 year old kids you will ever meet. Coming in at 5' 11" tall and just over 200 lbs. I swear it seems like he grows a inch a week sometimes.
The only thing bigger then his foot print ;) is the size of his heart! He has a HUGE heart.. You know the type..... Wise beyond his years. And gets along well with anyone he meets. Hes just alot of fun to be around. Thats my boy!!

I appreciate the prayer support. He hears and answers prayer!
Randy

marc4pt0
06-16-2013, 10:55 PM
All the best for your son and family. My hopes and prayer go with all of you.

And might I add, that's one tall son you have there!

ejd53
06-16-2013, 11:09 PM
All my best wishes Randy, hope everything goes well for Hunter (and you).

Dardeau
06-16-2013, 11:10 PM
That is a scary thing. My thoughts are with you and your family.

stereo.pete
06-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Best wishes to you and your family Randy.

WildBoar
06-16-2013, 11:53 PM
Our thoughts are with Hunter and your family. Glad he was able to come back home today.

knyfeknerd
06-17-2013, 01:38 AM
Hope all will continue to be well. Our thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you and your family Randy. Keep us posted.

DeepCSweede
06-17-2013, 01:48 AM
Thoughts and prayers for Hunter and your family Randy

dharperino
06-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the update. Will continue to pray for God's good will to be done in Hunter's situation.

Johnny.B.Good
06-17-2013, 03:05 AM
I'll think good thoughts for you and your family, Randy.

HHH Knives
06-18-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks guys.

Hunter is doing fine. no further Seizures and or complications. THANK GOD!!

We will continue Thursday with some further testing. Then see what the doctor recommends from there.

Thanks so much guys for the prayers and comments of encouragement.

chefcomesback
06-18-2013, 11:04 AM
All the best wishes for your son and family

Mike9
06-18-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm glad he's OK Randy - yes it's frightening - been there, done that.

ejd53
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Great news Randy. Hope the tests can tell you some more, it's always more difficult when you don't know what it is.

clayton
06-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Prayers sent.

Dream Burls
06-18-2013, 02:08 PM
About two years ago I had an episode where my heart started doing flip-flops. Went to the emergency room and spent the night in the hospital. Long story short, my cardiologist says that sometimes the body just has a "short circuit" that can scare the sh*t out of you , but winds up being nothing. I hope this is the case with Hunter. I also know how frustrating it can be to know something's not right, but have all the tests come back negative. Makes you crazy - relieved, but crazy. Hope the good news continues and we'll keep Hunter in our prayers.

HHH Knives
06-21-2013, 07:12 AM
DB. Thats Crazy. Yet strangely enough makes sense. Im glad to hear stuff like this.

So its been 5 days and Hunter is ding well. No further Seizures and or complications. THANK GOD!! All the tests that were ran so far have shown nothing. Were waiting on results from the testing done on Thursday morning.

We are proclaiming "One and done" :)

I showed Hunter this thread and a tear swelled up in his eyes. He wanted to to tell you "Thanks" It really meant alot to him to know all of you guys and gals were prayin for him and cared enough to send good wishes. and advise .etc..

Stay sharp my friends!
Randy

Salty dog
06-21-2013, 01:16 PM
God bless.

HHH Knives
06-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Hello and good day. :) I just wanted to share that Hunter has not had any more issues, (Thank God)

He is starting to feel safe to run and play again. without fear. As it should be!

We spent a few days at the lake. The fresh air, change of scenery and all the young girls there really took hunters mind off of this! lol ;) He would turn 3 shades of red if he sees this post. lol Yet it was good to watch him enjoy some of the little things that make life worth livin! Including BBQ!!

I also was able to sorta hit reset when we were there and spent some time with God and my family. Much needed on both accounts! I really cant tell you what it has meant to me having a place to sorta vent. and more so having friends who care. Thanks KKF!

Blessings
Randy

Von blewitt
06-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Great news Randy! Glad to hear it.

Dream Burls
06-26-2013, 11:22 AM
You just made my day. :doublethumbsup:

Johnny.B.Good
06-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Good news, Randy!

Mrmnms
06-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing this Randy. So happy to hear about Hunter. Gives us all a chance to pause and reflect on what's truly important in life.
Hello and good day. :) I just wanted to share that Hunter has not had any more issues, (Thank God)

He is starting to feel safe to run and play again. without fear. As it should be!

We spent a few days at the lake. The fresh air, change of scenery and all the young girls there really took hunters mind off of this! lol ;) He would turn 3 shades of red if he sees this post. lol Yet it was good to watch him enjoy some of the little things that make life worth livin! Including BBQ!!

I also was able to sorta hit reset when we were there and spent some time with God and my family. Much needed on both accounts! I really cant tell you what it has meant to me having a place to sorta vent. and more so having friends who care. Thanks KKF!

Blessings
Randy

Dave Martell
06-26-2013, 02:56 PM
I just saw this thread for the first time and I'm so glad to read the outcome.

cheflarge
06-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Randy,

So good to here the news!!! I know what you are going through and would not wish that anguish on anyone. If you ever need to talk to someone who has had to deal with these type of issues before, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Don't we have a meeting coming up soon on Sushi's effect on your hunger glands?

HHH Knives
07-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Update. on Hunter. . Hes still doing well with no further seizures. We have been to many doctors, and have one more apt for another test this week.

So far they have not found anything to worry about and cant tell us WHY?? the first one even happened.

I am praying and believing this was a one and done thing!! That will never happen again.

Thanks to all for the support and kindness. God Bless YA!

God is GOOD!!!
Randy

marc4pt0
07-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Fingers are crossed!!

Justin0505
07-09-2013, 08:38 PM
I just saw this thread for the first time and I'm so glad to read the outcome.

+1

Glad he's doing well.

HHH Knives
07-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks Guys for your prayers and thoughts as we have been going through this with my son Hunter.

I have a new report. and its GOOD!! The doctors have tested and re tested Hunter. MRI, CT scans, and many other tests I cant remember the names of. They did a thorough job.. And they cant find anything "wrong" This is the sum of the whole. Hunter is fine, normal, and without any of the things they know to cause problems like this. Thank God! There is no further testing scheduled. and have been no further seizure's or complications!

As I have said many times. God is GOOD. and not just some of the times. But ALL the time! And he hears and answers prayers! AMEN!!
Thanks again guys for your prayers and support!

Blessings
Randy

Dream Burls
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Best news I've heard in a long time Randy. God has blessed.

Vic Cardenas
07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
That is great news!

zitangy
07-16-2013, 02:32 PM
that's great news to hear...

I always google to find out. Did the doctor(s) find out what is the cause of the"overload" of brain activity? how can this ever be prevented and what steps to take so that it can be averted.

Best Wishes adn take care.

rgds
d

sachem allison
07-16-2013, 03:46 PM
excellent news!

DeepCSweede
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
That is fantastic news Randy. My thoughts and prayers for his continued well being.

Keith Neal
07-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Randy:

I just caught this and am delighted to hear such good news. I have been there and understand your fears. Prayers are with you all.

Keith

HHH Knives
09-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Wanted to update the KKF family.

First off thanks for your prayer support. God is faithful and has heard them all. He has answered loud and clear! HUNTER IS FINE!!! After all the testing, foll-up testing, and more testing. The results are in and show no residual seizure activity in his brain!!! No issues or abnormality's in his brain or nervous system!!! Basically, Hunter was given a clean bill of health with no restrictions!

Hunter has started his first year of football, and has been at every practice for the last few weeks. He is going to be a force to be reckoned with on the field!

Hunter read through this thread and I think he shed a tear. He asked me to tell them "God is GOOD" (I dont know where he learns these things) lol But I sure am proud of him! He asked my Mother a couple weeks ago to baptize him. So this weekend we are at the lake and Hunter will be Baptized.

In closing I have to agree with Hunter here and say. Thank God and I thank him for all of you! (our KKF Family)

I am always surprised but never disappointed by how God works things out!! His timing, His plan, His favor, and his provision is always MORE THEN ENOUGH!

Stay sharp
Randy Haas
HHH Knives

cookinstuff
09-01-2013, 02:05 PM
God is good, glad Hunter is okay and enjoying himself out on the field.

CrisAnderson27
09-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Absolutely Randy.

knyfeknerd
09-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Awesome!

Eric
09-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Randy: glad to hear Hunter is well. Say hi to him for me and congratulations. I look forward to hearing more about his escapades on the football field- he sure will be a force to be reckoned with! Best Eric

HHH Knives
09-17-2013, 08:15 AM
This will most likely be my last post in this thread. But its a GOOD ONE!

First, I gota say.. I am so blessed to have friends on line who not only shoot up a prayer and good thoughts, But come through into real life with calls and visits. So thank you all.. Virtual high five!!!!

Everything for Hunter has been going well. Hes been practicing 5 days a week for a month now. His health overall is perfect. Hes starting to thin out a bit from all the football practice. Im proud of him for sticking it out even when his body and mind tried to tell him he should just quit. Yet he carried on and the return for his effort has been a boost in his self esteem. A boost in his health and I believe his future. and his person.

Today is the first game. He is a lineman. And anyone who knows Hunter will know that hes built to be a lineman! I think today he will be playing Guard. Beings this is the first game with first year kids. That may change a few times B4 everyone gets in where they fit in.

Anyways. I am gona say a prayer with him this morning and send him into battle. ;) Go Red Raiders!!

God Bless YA!
Randy

I forgot to mention. God is GOOD!! :) ALL the time

Von blewitt
09-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Great to hear! Go Hunter!!!

Lefty
09-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Great news, Randy! I still need to send my buddy Hunter a necker. Don't tell him, though. :D

cheflarge
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Go "squash" some one Hunter!!! :plus1:

HHH Knives
09-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Hunter did some smashing!! The coach played him for over 3/4 of the game on Offence Hunter held his ground and really dominated. :D

The game was close. In true high school football form. The last drive decided the winner! The Red Raiders not only played there first game, they lost there first game... Yet Hunter came away feeling this game was a small victory. He didn't expect to get as much pay time as he did. not being the starting Guard on the line up. So he was happy and excited. Gota love High school football! :thumbsup:

Here is a few photos from the game.

God Bless YA!