PDA

View Full Version : thoughts and suggestions

wellminded1
06-28-2013, 01:06 AM
Ok guys, i am in the market for a new toy, mainly a gyuto. I had a few in mind but I wanted to see your suggestions. Budget of around 400. I would prefer carbon and a wa handle although I really want to try a dragon. So any thoughts would be great or of someone has a knife they may want to part with that fits the bill, please let me know.
Cheers
Ken

Brad Gibson
06-28-2013, 06:30 AM
Devin Thomas

Timthebeaver
06-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Devin Thomas

OP's budget is $400, which means ITK 52000 or nothing i reckon.

Benuser
06-28-2013, 07:57 AM
Budget of around 400. I would prefer carbon and a wa handle although I really want to try a dragon.
If you already know you want to try a Misono Swedish Carbon I would suggest to get it now, and postpone the choice of a more expensive wa-gyuto. The more knives you've used, the better you know what kind of profile, geometry, weight, balance you're looking for.

wellminded1
06-28-2013, 09:42 AM
If you already know you want to try a Misono Swedish Carbon I would suggest to get it now, and postpone the choice of a more expensive wa-gyuto. The more knives you've used, the better you know what kind of profile, geometry, weight, balance you're looking for.

I have multiple knives with different profiles and weight , just wanted to see if someone has something to offer or others suggestions.