PDA

View Full Version : Posting pictures?

rocfish13
07-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Need to know how to post some pictures? Please make it simple, I'm not too good with a computer. I do have a photobucket account, but I hate the new system!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mucho Bocho
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Roc, Welcome to KKF. The Knut house for sure. I think your first post sounded like me first post.

Once you upload pics to photobucket, just paste the link into your KKF post. Looking at your pic at photobucket, On the right side of your screen, you'll see a box that says

LINKS TO SHARE THIS PHOTO

click on IMG

it will say copied. The paste into your KKF post. Hope that helps

rocfish13
07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the help! I posted a picture of the knife. I don't know if I used the right sub-forum. I posted 2 pictures, but I think only one came thru. I'm pretty sure I decreased the size of the pictures. Thanks again for the help! PS- I'm from Creedmoor. Wolfpacker all the way!!!

Austin
07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
You can also upload them directly to the site.

How to upload photos from a PC

1. From the response box locate the 'Go Advanced' button. Click that.
2. Scroll down till you locate the button marked 'Upload Images' click that.

You will then be prompted to upload from your cpu or the internet.

toddnmd
07-29-2013, 10:40 AM
I have posted pics in the past, but don't seem to be able to do it now. At the bottom of my page under "Posting Permissions," it says, "
You may not post attachments."

Did something change (last time I posted pics was months ago) or am I missing something? I'm looking for some repair advice, and a pic would be very helpful.

I suppose I could post the pics and then link to them, but it would be much simpler to upload directly from my computer.

Austin
07-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Is it forum specific? If so, which one?

Dave Martell
07-29-2013, 12:56 PM
I have posted pics in the past, but don't seem to be able to do it now. At the bottom of my page under "Posting Permissions," it says, "
You may not post attachments."

Did something change (last time I posted pics was months ago) or am I missing something? I'm looking for some repair advice, and a pic would be very helpful.

I suppose I could post the pics and then link to them, but it would be much simpler to upload directly from my computer.

Hi Todd,
To upload images directly from your PC you have to be a supporting member.

See http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/8346-Having-Insert-Image-Problems

toddnmd
07-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Dave, thanks for the info. I guess I was confused because I was able to do it before.

Dave Martell
07-29-2013, 03:58 PM
There have been some periods where upgrades were happening (etc) and some of the features get turned off in the process so maybe you happened to upload then or maybe you found a sub-forum where your usergroup's permissions aren't set correctly, who knows - anythings possible.

bikehunter
07-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Todd,
To upload images directly from your PC you have to be a supporting member.

See http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/8346-Having-Insert-Image-Problems

Why? When members upload directly from their PC, is there a monetary cost to KKF?

Dave Martell
07-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Why? When members upload directly from their PC, is there a monetary cost to KKF?

When upload directly from a PC the images are stored on KKF's server.

Austin
07-30-2013, 04:53 PM
There is no monetary cost you should be concerned with for hosting pics. We have plenty of server space.

bikehunter
07-30-2013, 06:17 PM
There is no monetary cost you should be concerned with for hosting pics. We have plenty of server space.

Well, I'm a bit of a technoklutz, so I just wondered why posting images from your own PC should be a premium feature for those who monetarily support the forum if it doesn't cost the forum some sort of extra charge, which I could understand. Thanks for a reply which actually gives me a clue.

Crothcipt
07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Gotz to make money some way. Many here don't like advertising slowing down the loading screen. (Me included)

bikehunter
07-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Gotz to make money some way. Many here don't like advertising slowing down the loading screen. (Me included)

Well, no one hates advertising more than I do, but as I said, I don't have a clue as to how these forum work, monetarily or any other way, so I was simply curious.

Crothcipt
07-30-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry I was just trying to be funny. Wasn't trying to be condescending.

bikehunter
07-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Sorry I was just trying to be funny. Wasn't trying to be condescending.

I didn't take it that way at all...no offense whatsoever.