PDA

View Full Version : Lefty Forum?

Admin
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
If you are interested in a lefty only forum please post here.

I'm a lefty and think it would be great, but I wanted to gauge interest first.

Thanks guys!

Twistington
07-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Name it "The Leftorium". :D

ThEoRy
07-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Freaks.

tripleq
07-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Mmmm. Not sure. My fear is that a lefty forum would be too specialized and ignored by righties who would likely still have some useful input for lefties. Take my case for example. I cut right and was married to a lefty. During that time I responded to lefty questions based upon my experience but I would never consider exploring a lefty forum. Just my 2 cents.

Dream Burls
07-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm sure "Lefty" would love it.

Benuser
07-29-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm quite sure it may be most useful to exchange experiences about living as a wrongly-handed, coming out and so on. But as a right handed I must admit I'm very interested in all asymmetry questions, and I hope to be allowed to read your discussions as far as knives are concerned.

Birnando
07-29-2013, 06:03 PM
I'd love to see a sub-forum for lefties on here.

knyfeknerd
07-29-2013, 10:23 PM
I just don't understand why you guys can't conform.
So weird.
Just use your right.
I mean it's right! That's why it's called that.
I don't care to consort with those of the southpawed race.

I think this is just shameless promotion for The Sharp & Shiny Shop!

daveb
07-29-2013, 10:44 PM
If you allow the lefties their own forum, next thing you know they'll want subforums for countries. Left handed Americans, left handed Canadians (wait, he's already got one), left handed Aussies, etc, etc.

tex_muldoon
04-12-2018, 07:11 PM
Hahaha love it but yes I would find it handy to have recommendations and discussions on where best to pick up a quality single bevel for the more enlightened.

I don't trust right hand people, that lack of independent thinking unsettles me. Plus, 90% of people are right handed, so clearly this is concrete proof that 90% of the world problems are down to right hand people. I'm not advocating that we round them up, but.....

Okay now that I've picked a fight with almost every knife enthusiast on here (!), can anyone recommend a maker of fine 'idiot friendly' blades I'm looking for a kiritsuke style, either traditional Japanese or custom maker from anywhere I don't mind so long as it is made by someone who adores their craft and transfers that love into their work.

And thank you all, genuinely, as I comment rarely but have gained a wealth of invaluable insight from this fantastic website 😊

WildBoar
04-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Hahaha love it but yes I would find it handy to have recommendations and discussions on where best to pick up a quality single bevel for the more enlightened.

I don't trust right hand people, that lack of independent thinking unsettles me. Plus, 90% of people are right handed, so clearly this is concrete proof that 90% of the world problems are down to right hand people. I'm not advocating that we round them up, but.....

Okay now that I've picked a fight with almost every knife enthusiast on here (!), can anyone recommend a maker of fine 'idiot friendly' blades I'm looking for a kiritsuke style, either traditional Japanese or custom maker from anywhere I don't mind so long as it is made by someone who adores their craft and transfers that love into their work.

And thank you all, genuinely, as I comment rarely but have gained a wealth of invaluable insight from this fantastic website 5 years late to the party...

...typical lefty!

:biggrin:

Also, this is not the best way to post if want want knife recommendations. There is a form to 'fill out' and post elsewhere that will get you a lot more responses then having a request buried at the end of a very old thread.

DanDan
04-12-2018, 07:30 PM
Dang tex you got my hopes up!!! :lol2:

Jovidah
04-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Even if you're not making a seperate forum I think it could be helpful to make a thread or simple list with knives that work and knives that don't work as a lefty. A lot of lefty newbies seem to be struggling with this, and since a lot of us are righties I think most of us aren't always sure which knives to recommend and which not.

Nemo
04-12-2018, 08:30 PM
I'm a righty but I think it's a good idea. I never know what to recommend for a lefty.

labor of love
04-12-2018, 08:52 PM
Yes. Me and my fellow elites need a place of our own.

labor of love
04-12-2018, 08:53 PM
BTW, we need lefty makers and bladesmiths too.

panda
04-12-2018, 09:25 PM
like theory said when this thread originated, freaks!! haha

Xenif
04-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Kinda cool that about the time this thread was started I created the ultimate solution, observe:
https://i.imgur.com/dYKzgUV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dgJNePy.jpg

ThEoRy
04-13-2018, 12:35 AM
I'm a righty but I think it's a good idea. I never know what to recommend for a lefty.

I know exactly what to recommend them.

"Yeah just go into that room that smells like gasoline over there."

tex_muldoon
04-13-2018, 11:32 AM
...typical lefty!

My friend, you have no idea how true that is! :biggrin:

But thanks for the advice I'll find the form and do just that.

As a side note, I was watching a TV show last week and the cops realised the guy in the cctv footage was an imposter, because their target was a righty and this guys unlocked the door with his left...... I mean seriously!?! Do you guys think we reach across every door every time, negating angle and leverage as a matter of madness or principle!!!!

If you really want to spot a lefty, give me a tin opener and watch as I practically have to stand on my head to figure it out! :laughat: