PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I'm old, what is the feedback thing?

DevinT
08-21-2013, 08:11 PM
What is the purpose of the feedback and how is it used?

Hoss

Von blewitt
08-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Haha I have no idea Hoss but I give you a 10 :D

Rottman
08-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Can't help you but your score is 0 - like everybody else's - :rofl2:

Almost looks like ebay seller ratings when you click on the "0".... Enough to get a feedback?

Edit: followed the link a little farther, you can feedback on a buy, sale or trade.

Another edit: wouldn't it be enough to have this rating displayed on the profile site and not with every damn post?

Pensacola Tiger
08-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Okay, I've added feedback for a knife I bought a while back.

sachem allison
08-21-2013, 09:53 PM
hey, I got 1. so, I guess I'm winning.

sachem allison
08-21-2013, 09:54 PM
never mind Devin has 2

brainsausage
08-21-2013, 10:00 PM
When did this come into play? And where do I find said feedback?

cclin
08-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Hoss, +1 feedback for 240 sanmai gyuto I purchased recently:thumbsup:

Crothcipt
08-21-2013, 10:07 PM
When did this come into play? And where do I find said feedback?

earlier today. It's not just for sales, it's for buyers too.

Click on the number and it will take you to the feedback scores

brainsausage
08-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Never mind, found it. Not sure I like it though.

sachem allison
08-21-2013, 10:33 PM
you can only post one feedback for the same person a day and a maximum of three feedbacks total for the day. you can edit your comments but, if you accidentally hit the wrong positive, neutral or negative feedback you can't edit that. found all this out 5 minutes ago. sorry, Del. I meant positive.

brainsausage
08-21-2013, 10:48 PM
This is a new thing right? Glad it's kind of hidden. Way too social media BS.

Crothcipt
08-21-2013, 10:52 PM
people wanted a feedback from b/s section, like ebay.

brainsausage
08-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Christ, really?

Crothcipt
08-21-2013, 11:12 PM
ya took a min to find it.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/13484-Feedback-on-B-S-T

tkern
08-21-2013, 11:18 PM
So, there doesn't have to be any proof of interaction to give feedback? I can easily see this becoming some sort of popularity contest with people checking scores instead of just communicating with another person. ...... free bacon for anyone who gives me positive feedback. ... oh hell, free bacon for the negative and neutrals too. Everyone should have nice porky things.

Pensacola Tiger
08-21-2013, 11:21 PM
people wanted a feedback from b/s section, like ebay.

I'm waiting for an announcement from Austin about what mechanism is in place to review feedback for accuracy, and how an undeserved negative feedback will be handled. Until that is in place, it is no better than the up/down voting on opinion forums - that is, nothing more than a popularity poll.

I'll also go on to say that the potential for misuse and for creating divisiveness is great, while I have difficulty understanding the benefits.

Just my two cents.

Crothcipt
08-21-2013, 11:31 PM
There is a what thread you are voting from. Not sure if you can skip that or not.

Anton
08-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Oh great... another thing to think about...

This is going to make things interesting....

tkern
08-21-2013, 11:39 PM
There is a what thread you are voting from. Not sure if you can skip that or not.

You can skip it.

TheDispossessed
08-21-2013, 11:56 PM
i'm not feeling this feedback thing.

chinacats
08-22-2013, 12:20 AM
i'm not feeling this feedback thing.

:plus1:

This forum seems to work just fine based on the quality of the community as a whole. I think that if there was a problem it would have been noticed by now...

This is a new thing right? Glad it's kind of hidden. Way too social media BS.

x2

Cheers

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 12:38 AM
Remember when we all talked to each other, and trusted each other?

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 12:39 AM
oh wait! We always do that!

Nevermiiiiiiiind...

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 12:47 AM
now I feel like a complete jack ass, it's posted on our avatars? what. the. FECK?!?!?!?

NO ChoP!
08-22-2013, 12:54 AM
OK, I will say probably 75% or more of the action on the BST's is from long standing members. This whole feedback thing insinuates that we need policing. I'm a firm believer that people are inherently good by nature. I think the common affinity we have brings us even closer together.

This feedback score is not warranted, is not needed, and is going to be much more problematic than anything that will ever come about from the BST's in the first place. Why?

I'd like to hear from someone who's had a bad experience on the BST's and wished they has a venue to share their experience, because thus far, it's foreign to me.

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 01:02 AM
OK, I will say probably 75% or more of the action on the BST's is from long standing members. This whole feedback thing insinuates that we need policing. I'm a firm believer that people are inherently good by nature. I think the common affinity we have brings us even closer together.

This feedback score is not warranted, is not needed, and is going to be much more problematic than anything that will ever come about from the BST's in the first place. Why?

I'd like to hear from someone who's had a bad experience on the BST's and wished they has a venue to share their experience, because thus far, it's foreign to me.

+1

One of the biggest reasons I take part in this forum, is the unwritten rule, RESPECT. This kind of thing diminishes the experience, and makes me wonder if the forum is being prepped for another purpose...

tkern
08-22-2013, 01:08 AM
+1
makes me wonder if the forum is being prepped for another purpose...

Soylent-hitachi is people!

Crothcipt
08-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Jim wrote Our operating philosophy has always been as a community, each transaction will be perfect or it will be the last one made by those person/ s, any feedback that is not as such would be rendered surpurfulous. While we have had many thousands of posts in the BST we have had precious few issues to deal with. As we grow I hope that this will remain the case.

Which is what most people here have pretty much stated.
Do I think it is needed? Pretty much not at the time. But I can see this place getting very busy and needing something like this. Not sure the feelings of the Mod's on this either.

mc2442
08-22-2013, 02:12 AM
So, there doesn't have to be any proof of interaction to give feedback? I can easily see this becoming some sort of popularity contest with people checking scores instead of just communicating with another person. ...... free bacon for anyone who gives me positive feedback. ... oh hell, free bacon for the negative and neutrals too. Everyone should have nice porky things.

Free nice porky things will get a lot of positive feedback

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 02:28 AM
Will this feedback make it easier for me to sell all these fur coats that 'fell off the back of a truck'?

sachem allison
08-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Will this feedback make it easier for me to sell all these fur coats that 'fell off the back of a truck'?

years ago My first chef job in NYC was right on Bleeker st. and the Bowery ave. right next to little Italy. One day, I heard a knock at the back kitchen door. I open it and there was this guy in an Armani suit with heavy Italian American accent. He informs me that I will be buying my meat from him from now on. I tell him to get F#$%^d that I already had a meat guy. He says" you don't understand you will be buying your meat from me or else I'm gonna break your legs." I say's" you don't understand if you don't quit bothering me the guy behind you is going to toss you in the river." He turns around and it's his uncle Johnny who is my Meat guy. You don't mess with Uncle Johnny and you especially don't mess with Uncle Johnny's business. The kid turns pale white and I think he pissed himself. I do give him credit , he tried to save the situation. He walks over to his Mercedes pops the trunk and moves the cooler of steaks out of the way and pulls out 4 fur coats and wanted to know if I needed some chinchilla. Uncle Johnny and I went inside laughing our asses off and had us some espresso, some of his favorite cannolis and some sambuca. All and all it was a good day and Uncle Johnny made the kid leave the cooler with all the steaks.

Mrmnms
08-22-2013, 08:38 AM
Seems like only yesterday , huh Son? Thanks for sharing this.

Lefty
08-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Do me a favour and leave my score at a zero. If you have an issue with my service, let me know. If you are pleased, let me know. If you are indifferent, please enjoy your new toy.

I don't sell on ebay, by choice, and I don't have Facebook, because I think it's stupid. I do have Instagram, because it's a fun way to promote my shop and let people see a glimpse of what I'm all about. I realize this sounds a bit over the top, but if I wanted to be an ebay seller, I could do so very cheaply, and my profits would be much larger. I'm here because I love this forum, the community, and the fact that reputation and being a good guy is what matter, not how big my feedback dick is.

DeepCSweede
08-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Why do we need this again???!? Sorry, I just don't understand why one or two people suggest something that all of a sudden it has to happen. I think if anyone causes problems we have Son call Uncle Johnny and all is well with the world again. Me thinks this needs to go away.

brainsausage
08-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Do me a favour and leave my score at a zero. If you have an issue with my service, let me know. If you are pleased, let me know. If you are indifferent, please enjoy your new toy.

I don't sell on ebay, by choice, and I don't have Facebook, because I think it's stupid. I do have Instagram, because it's a fun way to promote my shop and let people see a glimpse of what I'm all about. I realize this sounds a bit over the top, but if I wanted to be an ebay seller, I could do so very cheaply, and my profits would be much larger. I'm here because I love this forum, the community, and the fact that reputation and being a good guy is what matter, not how big my feedback dick is.

Will you PM your Instagram handle Tom?

Dusty
08-22-2013, 10:48 AM
I'm a little surprised that mods haven't yet weighed in on this thread yet.

Johnny.B.Good
08-22-2013, 11:37 AM
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/13484-Feedback-on-B-S-T

One person suggested that feedback might be a good idea, and changed his mind in his own thread.

Exactly.

Lucretia
08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
I had to log in to see what you were talking about--it doesn't seem to show up otherwise.

chinacats
08-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Mods or Austin???

this sucks!

Mrmnms
08-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Why do we need this again???!? Sorry, I just don't understand why one or two people suggest something that all of a sudden it has to happen. I think if anyone causes problems we have Son call Uncle Johnny and all is well with the world again. Me thinks this needs to go away.

+1

wsfarrell
08-22-2013, 01:10 PM

Could not agree more with this. I'm extremely picky, and when I have an issue, Lefty just says "what can I do to make it right?" If I were a jerk I could have left him negative feedback, and that would be horribly unfair.

tk59
08-22-2013, 01:22 PM
The problem with feedback is it tends to come from mainly fanboys and jerks who may or may not know what they are talking about. I recognize there are two sides to this and I know of a few folks here that have gotten burned by crap knives. Some of those blades are still occasionally passed around from person to person on the BST. That said, I'm not liking the feedback score either.

marc4pt0
08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Feedback score? Ew

Austin
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Well this was done out of the request for a B/S/T feedback section.

This is just a tool, just like any other tool. It helps people make decisions on who they want to interact with.

It has been disabled.

Mucho Bocho
08-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Austin, Tough crowd around here. Smart move to disable it before the hornets nest really get rattled.

We don't need no stinking FB score round these parts Mr.

77kath
08-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Yay for disabling feedback!

Lefty
08-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Thanks, Austin. Most of the guys know I get cranky after some shifts, so my rudeness was a direct result of that. However, I stand by my comments and think you really do give a crap about how the members here want things to be. We all appreciate it!

chinacats
08-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Thanks Austin!

Crothcipt
08-23-2013, 03:29 AM
What's a facebook score?

Austin
08-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Nothing now, I disabled it, but it was part of the iTrader feedback system.

Thanks for the explanation Lefty.

brainsausage
08-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Austin. Most of the guys know I get cranky after some shifts, so my rudeness was a direct result of that. However, I stand by my comments and think you really do give a crap about how the members here want things to be. We all appreciate it!

+1

Justin0505
08-23-2013, 07:15 PM
What's a facebook score?

Justin likes this comment.

Burl Source
08-23-2013, 11:11 PM
What is the purpose of the feedback and how is it used?
Hoss
The best example I can think of is when a momma pelican eats a fish.
Then when the baby pelican gets hungry it will stick it's beak inside the momma pelican's beak.
If the timing is right the momma pelican will regurgitate giving the baby pelican some feedback.

Dave Martell
08-24-2013, 12:34 AM
Then when the baby pelican gets hungry it will stick it's beak inside the momma pelican's beak.
If the timing is right the momma pelican will regurgitate giving the baby pelican some feedback.

:lol2:

Crothcipt
08-24-2013, 12:41 AM
:slaphead::tooth::spin chair::rolleyes2:

Lefty
08-24-2013, 06:15 PM

Mark, I like you and all, but I gotta tell ya...that's waaaay off. I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Sorry....

labor of love
08-24-2013, 06:50 PM
:doublethumbsup: