PDA

View Full Version : Boardwax / Handlewax Sale

Dave Martell
08-30-2013, 01:44 PM
I needed some boardwax for myself but it's not something that I can just do for one jar so I made up a big batch and decided to sell the extras. I'm offering them here only (not available in our store).

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix
This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks here in PA) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/dmart/P1010135resized2_zpsb21502ee.jpg

Uses
Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles. This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

Comes packaged in a "wide mouth" glass canning jar.

Sizes & Costs
There are two sizes available, 8oz & 16oz

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

USPS Priority shipping will be used as the carrier.

Limited quantity available!

Dave Martell
08-30-2013, 01:49 PM
PS - for those of you who have purchased this from us in the past, this batch is going to be a smoother easier to apply formulation (like that fancy word, eh?). I've been tweaking the recipe over time and now have what I feel is a good blend going on that provides good protection while being easy to apply.

tripleq
08-30-2013, 02:02 PM
For those of you who are curious about this stuff let me assure you that it works great, especially on handles. Unless you're a turtle or some other long-lived creature one jar will probably last you a lifetime too.

Dave Martell
08-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence Norm.

Dave Martell
08-31-2013, 10:32 AM
There's only a couple of each size left at this point.

Dave Martell
09-01-2013, 03:40 PM
All jars of boardwax have been sold so his sale is officially closed!

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Wonka1
09-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Dang, just missed out..

How often do you put these jars up for sale? I'd definitely be interested in acquiring a 8oz jar!

Thanks,

-Nick

Dave Martell
09-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Dang, just missed out..

How often do you put these jars up for sale? I'd definitely be interested in acquiring a 8oz jar!

Thanks,

-Nick

About every other year. :D

Wonka1
09-01-2013, 04:48 PM
DANG! Well, I'll save my $9 now, for when this becomes available in the year 2015. Lol

Dave Martell
09-01-2013, 05:29 PM
DANG! Well, I'll save my $9 now, for when this becomes available in the year 2015. Lol

hahaha

I'll make some more sooner than later.

geezr
09-12-2013, 02:44 AM
Used Dave's product on Boardsmith cherry board and Stefan's handle in the pic at left and they brightened up - kinda don't want to cut on the board :biggrin:
Waxed all cutting boards and a knife block. Old boards got a 2nd coat - all look great.
Also did 2 handles and sayas - 1 got darker and glossy the other stayed the same color but shinier.

Lucretia
09-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Definitely need to start getting the pennies out of the sofa cushions to save up for next time!

Dave Martell
09-13-2013, 02:11 PM
I'll make some more up either this weekend or early next week.

Amused
09-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Nice. Will you be offering the Boardwax in the same 8 & 16 oz sizes?

Baby Huey
09-13-2013, 05:01 PM
Can I pre-order 1 of the 16oz jars and 1 of the 8 oz jars if those are the sizes available?

Dave Martell
09-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Nice. Will you be offering the Boardwax in the same 8 & 16 oz sizes?

Yes sir, both sizes will be available.

Dave Martell
09-13-2013, 09:33 PM
Can I pre-order 1 of the 16oz jars and 1 of the 8 oz jars if those are the sizes available?

Sure, please shoot me a PM with your Paypal email address and zip code and we'll get on it. :)

Thanks

Baby Huey
09-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Lol. Just got finished doing that before I saw your reply. Looking forward to trying it out. If it lasts as long as they say then I should be good for a little while..... hopefully.

Wonka1
09-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Dangit! Just received some "board butter" from the BoardSMITH. I guess I'll have to place an order for some of this when it becomes available, and be done ordering "board wax" for the next 10 years.. lol

Dave, when this becomes available again, can you update this thread so I can get in touch with you?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

-Nick

Dave Martell
09-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Dangit! Just received some "board butter" from the BoardSMITH. I guess I'll have to place an order for some of this when it becomes available, and be done ordering "board wax" for the next 10 years.. lol

Dave, when this becomes available again, can you update this thread so I can get in touch with you?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend.

-Nick

Will do Nick

FYI - David BoardSMITH's board butter is the same stuff with a different consistency. His is a liquid where mine is a wax. David's butter soaks in quicker and I'm sure deeper where mine is a surface treatment.

Wonka1
09-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Will do Nick

FYI - David BoardSMITH's board butter is the same stuff with a different consistency. His is a liquid where mine is a wax. David's butter soaks in quicker and I'm sure deeper where mine is a surface treatment.

Hmm.. so they can work in a synergistic way? Board butter for penetration say every 3-4 weeks, and your "wax" , say every 2 weeks or so? What do you think?

Dave Martell
09-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Hmm.. so they can work in a synergistic way? Board butter for penetration say every 3-4 weeks, and your "wax" , say every 2 weeks or so? What do you think?

Well it's going to come off as me looking like a salesman on this one but I'll answer yes anyway since it might be a great way to go.

Dave Martell
09-16-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll be making up a new batch tonight. Some are already accounted for but the remainder will be up for grabs. If you're interested please shoot me a Pm or email along with your email address & zip code and we'll get you an invoice sent out.

Thanks for all the interest folks!

Dave

Fran Rendina
09-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I love this stuff,,,,

Baby Huey
09-24-2013, 11:10 AM
Got it in today. Some good stuff.

Dave Martell
09-24-2013, 11:12 AM
Good to hear. Thanks guys! :)

Dave Martell
10-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm making another batch of these today so if you're interested please see below...
:)

Sizes & Costs

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing
To purchase, shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (or country if outside the US) and I'll reply by sending you a Paypal invoice.

Dave Martell
10-30-2013, 10:55 PM
OK, so I just finished making up the last batch I'll be doing for the foreseeable future. I already have orders leaving only 2 - 16ozrs but I have a bunch of 8ozrs.

Thanks for all the interest on this folks. :thumbsup:

stereo.pete
10-31-2013, 07:51 PM
So I have been up for nearly 36 hours and I read the thread title of this as broad axe... only if :viking:

wenus2
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Applied this to a board and some wooden utensils today, great texture on this formulation.
I think you've got the proportions figured out Dave. :thumbsup:
Not only is this a better product than my attempt, but the Mrs thanks you for sparing the mess in our kitchen this time :)

Dave Martell
11-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Applied this to a board and some wooden utensils today, great texture on this formulation.
I think you've got the proportions figured out Dave. :thumbsup:
Not only is this a better product than my attempt, but the Mrs thanks you for sparing the mess in our kitchen this time :)

My Mrs doesn't care for the mess either. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

GeneH
11-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Whups! Got mine - Thanks Dave. Sorry I forgot. Now I have to read up how to use it... *sigh*

Dave Martell
11-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Whups! Got mine - Thanks Dave. Sorry I forgot. Now I have to read up how to use it... *sigh*

"To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better."

Thank you Gene!

Lucretia
11-09-2013, 12:34 AM
Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives. :D

Dave Martell
11-09-2013, 01:18 AM
Also good when you're done with the knife handles to rub the excess on dry elbows and knees. If Dave started putting fragrance in it, you could buy it for your spouse then steal some for your knives. :D

My wife asked me for some of this stuff scented so I made her a jar with peppermint oil added. She loves the stuff when her hands get chapped, she puts this stuff on, slips her hands into some fancy white cotton gloves, and hits the sack. Such decadence!

GeneH
11-10-2013, 03:06 PM
My wife...puts this stuff on, slips her hands into some fancy...gloves, and hits the sack. Such decadence!

TMI.

Ok, I should NOT have posted that.

Dave Martell
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
I making up a big batch this weekend so I'll have extras for sale. Will ship next Mon 27th or Tues 28th

I'm offering them here only (not available in our store).

100% Pure Beeswax & Food Grade Mineral Oil Mix
This "cutting board & knife handle wax" is a custom blend of 100% pure beeswax (purchased from local Amish folks here in PA) and food grade mineral oil. It's made by us so we know exactly what's in the mix - no additives - just beeswax and mineral oil.

Uses
Wood cutting boards/butcher blocks, wood bowls, wooden utensils, knife blocks, wood knife racks, & knife handles. This wax works especially well on Japanese ho wood handles and sayas. It pulls the dirt out while leaving behind a protective barrier.

To use, spread a liberal amount onto wood surface and allow to set in for 5 - 10 minutes. Buff off excess with a clean soft cloth/rag. Repeat once a week for cutting boards. Mixture can be warmed (if desired) in the microwave (remove metal lid first though) to help spread easier and to absorb into the wood better.

Comes packaged in a "wide mouth" glass canning jar.

Sizes & Costs

8oz - $9.00
16oz - $17.00

Purchasing

Notaskinnychef
01-24-2014, 02:30 AM
Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

steelcity
01-24-2014, 09:40 AM
PM sent for small jar.

Dave Martell
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Not to undercut future sales, but in general, this is roughly half wax half mineral oil? I have made a few small amounts for single days use on my stuff but have been thinking if trying larger amounts and wanted to see if anyone has certain suggestions or links to throw out there

It's more like 3/4 mineral oil to 1/4 wax

rogue108
01-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I assume its $9.00 or $17.00 dollars PLUS shipping?

Dave Martell
01-24-2014, 03:05 PM
I assume its $9.00 or $17.00 dollars PLUS shipping?

Hi Andrew, that's correct.

Notaskinnychef
01-24-2014, 05:37 PM
It's more like 3/4 mineral oil to 1/4 wax

OK thanks, with shipping being so prohibitive to canada I will likely continue to make some on my own, altho buying it from you would likely be a lot easier :)

what would be the shipping price (ballpark) for the larger jar to canada? Thanks

Dave Martell
01-27-2014, 09:38 PM
I oversold (the 8oz'ers) and need to make more (ran out of oil). I'll get the oil tomorrow and make them up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay here guys.

All others (16oz'ers) are shipping out tomorrow morning.

rogue108
01-27-2014, 10:51 PM
I am in no rush for mine. Take your time Dave.

Dave Martell
01-29-2014, 07:42 PM
All 8oz'rs will ship out tomorrow morning.

Thanks again everyone! :thumbsup:

Notaskinnychef
01-31-2014, 05:28 PM
what did the shipping end up being for the 16 oz jars to canada? would like to know so I can get in next round depending on cost :) Cheers

gavination
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Any left by chance? :D

Dave Martell
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Any left by chance? :D

I've got some 8oz'ers still