PDA

View Full Version : FT: Nikon D90 with accessories for a good 270 yanagi or 240 gyuto

EdipisReks
09-12-2013, 01:35 PM
The thread title says most of it. Since I got my D600, my D90 has just been sitting around (go figure). It is in good shape, has roughly 30,000 shutter actuations, I think (I'd have to look to be sure), comes with 1 Nikon battery, at least 1 third party battery (I may have two), a nikon charger, an installed glass screen protector, a spare glass screen protector, and a slightly beaten up third party extended grip. The box will likely be included, if I can find it. This is a very nice camera, and is a great walk around with a 35mm f 1/8 lens. I have an op/tech camera strap that I can likely throw in, if my wife hasn't absconded with it. I could likely get $400-ish for this on eBay, but that wouldn't be much fun. If somebody has a good carbon 270mm yanagi or 240mm gyuto in nice shape that you aren't using, and you need a good DSLR-body, let me know. Unlike the Heiji FT thread, I won't have any trouble letting this camera go. :)

split0101
09-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry no knife to trade but how do you like going from a DX to FX body? Im shooting a D7000 and thinking about going FX at some point. I mostly have been picking up good FX glass so when I eventually take the step I wount have to repalce my whole kit.

Lefty
09-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Tempting....

Water
09-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Any photo for the D90?

EdipisReks
09-13-2013, 10:22 AM
Any photo for the D90?

a photo taken by the D90, or a photo of the body itself?

EdipisReks
09-13-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry no knife to trade but how do you like going from a DX to FX body? Im shooting a D7000 and thinking about going FX at some point. I mostly have been picking up good FX glass so when I eventually take the step I wount have to repalce my whole kit.

FX is a revelation. I had used DX for a long time, and had also mostly picked up FX compatible glass, so it was an easy transition. My D600 doesn't have the image spotting issue, (I think the vast majority were fine, honestly), and I've put 5000 actuations on it so far, but it's rumored that Nikon is going to release a D610 soon, which will permanently fix the issue. I do wish that the D600 had a higher maximum shutter speed (1/4000 isn't bad, and is the same as what my FM2 had), but a neutral density filter pretty much fixes the issue (same solution, and same filter, as with the FM2, go figure). I think I'll have the D600 for a long time.

Water
09-13-2013, 02:13 PM
a photo taken by the D90, or a photo of the body itself?

Photo for the D90 package that you posted for trade.

EdipisReks
09-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Criminy, do you mean "photo of?" "Photo for" doesn't mean much.

Baby Huey
09-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I think he means a photo of the package that is up for trade.

EdipisReks
09-13-2013, 03:29 PM
I think he means a photo of the package that is up for trade.

probably, but with cameras both "from" and "of" is normal and reasonable. here is a little gallery (http://imgur.com/a/OFqPb). hover over any of the images with your cursor, click on the gear that pops up, and select "view full resolution" for detail. i found the third battery, and i tried to make the chipping on the corners of the installed screen protector visible. they don't affect function (which is why i never swapped it out), and there is a NIB glass screen protector included, if it bothers who ever ends up with it. You can also see where I replaced the worn grip tape on the extended grip with black vinyl tape.

EdipisReks
09-13-2013, 03:46 PM
I was wrong, the D90 only has about 10k shutter actuations. It was my old D70 that was on 30k when I sold it, I guess