PDA

View Full Version : If I ignore you, will you go away?

Lucretia
09-27-2013, 11:00 PM
After a couple years of membership and more than 2000 additional members, I've added people to my "ignore" list for the first time. 2 people made it to the "too much of an arrogant blowhard with absolutely nothing of interest to say" list in one day. Can't decide if I should be depressed about having to do it, or if I'm amazed that it's taken so long.

Either way, I'm going to enjoy the quiet.

CrisAnderson27
09-27-2013, 11:05 PM
*Testing...testing...!*

EdipisReks
09-27-2013, 11:16 PM
I've added quite a few. I imagine that I'm an arrogant blowhard, but I usually have something interesting to say.

tkern
09-27-2013, 11:42 PM
What is the result of adding someone to the ignore list? Can you no longer see their posts?

Pensacola Tiger
09-27-2013, 11:50 PM
When you add a person to your ignore list, this is what you see:

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx226/Pensacola_Tiger/Misc%20Photos/file_zpsbdda1fd4.jpg (http://s758.photobucket.com/user/Pensacola_Tiger/media/Misc%20Photos/file_zpsbdda1fd4.jpg.html)

knyfeknerd
09-27-2013, 11:53 PM
I'm sure I'm one of them.
I'll bet it's got a lot to do with my hatred of The Eagles and James Taylor. Hey, if you lived in Carolina and had to hear "Carolina on my mind" at EVERY FREAKING WEDDING you ever worked EVER!
-you'd probably hate (the original) J.T. as well.
It's okay, dif strokes 4 difrent fokes
2 each his/her own.
my opinion is only an opinion
I think Lucs is awesome and we need some more females around here. I look forward to all her posts, especially when she's rubbing her butt.

panda
09-28-2013, 12:04 AM
i dont see the point, it's really easy to just scroll past posts from people you dont feel like reading.

tripleq
09-28-2013, 12:12 AM
I've been there on other forums. Tough thing when it comes to that.

JBroida
09-28-2013, 12:28 AM
i just ignore people the old fashioned way ;)

ThEoRy
09-28-2013, 12:57 AM
I don't have anyone on block.

mkriggen
09-28-2013, 02:15 AM
if you lived in Carolina and had to hear "Carolina on my mind" at EVERY FREAKING WEDDING you ever worked EVER!
-you'd probably hate (the original) J.T. as well.
It's okay, dif strokes 4 difrent fokes

Dude I hear ya, I used to bounce at a redneck bar in VA during the early '90s. I still can't hear Shania Twain without screaming:scared4:

Justin0505
09-28-2013, 03:22 AM
Testing, testing, this thing on?
I haven't used it yet.
This place provides a lot of entertainment and sometimes an sometimes stupid is even more awe inspiring than smart.

Mucho Bocho
09-28-2013, 07:58 AM
Lucetia, I hear ya. Lately some people have just been stirring the poop and not really trying to add anything other than to ask ignorant questions or talk out their butt. Mike Lee usually call them out. LOL I don't have anybody on a block list, YET

mzer
09-28-2013, 12:08 PM
i just ignore people the old fashioned way ;)

Marry them?

bahamaroot
09-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Marry them?
That's what you do to get them to ignore you.

Mrmnms
09-28-2013, 02:29 PM
After reading Lucritia's posts for a while, I have formulated an opinion of her. If she deems someone deserves ignoring , it good enough for me... As long as I'm not on the list.

tk59
09-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I've been a part of this community for something approaching five years. While a lot of the people have come and gone, most of the things that are said stay pretty constant. Not too many things ellicit a response from me strong enough to drive me to figure out how to ignore someone. Actually, I kinda miss getting riled up. I think it's happened once in the last six months. Maybe I have a short memory...

Customfan
09-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Marry them?

:clown: ha, ha, ha! good one!

:thumbsup:

Customfan
09-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Call it practice for real life! :cool2:

Dave Martell
09-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I think it sucks that we have people posting in such a way that it would cause another member to use the ignore feature on them.

What issues are causing this?

BTW, I'm moved this thread to the support forum so we can have a discussion and hopefully get this moving in the right direction.

toddnmd
09-28-2013, 09:56 PM
For me , there are some people who quickly get nasty and personal.

Asteger
09-29-2013, 04:02 AM
For me , there are some people who quickly get nasty and personal.

I've noticed this ocassionally, personal attacks or comments that seem out of character compared to the normal tone taken in most posts here, but which aren't commented upon or deleted. It's a bit like road rage on a forum. 'Forum rage' maybe?

quantumcloud509
09-29-2013, 04:45 AM
Im sorry Lucretia...I guess you cant see this post anyways :(

Lucretia
09-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Amazingly enough, I can see all of your replies! Even you, ER! :D

Don't need to raise this to a support level, Dave.

People are going to argue about things, get angry about subjects they have strong feelings about, and generally poke and tweak. Sometimes they go overboard, and that's going to happen. Then there are people who seem to want to start arguments in a misguided attempt to clever.

Can't decide if they're more like bratty children who pick fights, then when someone pokes them in the nose they go crying to Mama, or small yappy dogs trying to pee all over everyone to mark their territory.

Either way, I'm in a W.C. Fields state of mind.

Lefty
09-30-2013, 04:45 AM
I didn't even know you could ignore people on here. I might do it the opposite way and start adding guys like Rick(s), Jon, Tinh, Jacob, Johnny, etc, etc to my list so I can't read anything of relevance. Maybe then I'll be able to accomplish something on my days off..... :D

KKFAdmin
09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
If someone is breaking the rules by being crass or abrasive please let me know.

Asteger
09-30-2013, 03:10 PM
If someone is breaking the rules by being crass or abrasive please let me know.

Cool.

Paradox
10-01-2013, 06:21 PM
It's funny. I have been involved in many different internet special interest forums for years now (2003ish). I started hanging out on several knife oriented forums within the last couple of years and it's only been on these knife forums (not this one in particular) I have even considered using the ignore feature. I have even ignored a couple of people on another board. Amazing!