PDA

View Full Version : Extraterestial steel. Folder!

HHH Knives
10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Chef large is awesome! This is a "Extraterestial steel" folder.

Campo Meteorite bolsters, with a meteorite damascus blade. With Out of this world stabilized redwood burl handles. Tiger eye thumb studs. and stainless fileworked liners make up this awesome custom folder! Thanks to my buddy Clay for his patience. This one is about 2 years in the making. The OAL is approx 7" with a 3" blade.

The bolsters are raw meteorite and have a look that really cant be captured in a photo, Its almost 3-D and changes as the light hits it making it almost look alive or as if its moving. Hard to explain. Guess we will just say its AMAZING!!!

Thanks for looking. As always, comments and or cretiques welcomed.

God Bless
Randy

cord_steele
10-14-2013, 12:21 AM
The notion of building a knife out of something that's been hurtling through space for billions of years.....

Gotta get me one of those someday.

HHH Knives
10-14-2013, 12:34 AM
lol

I forgot to mention the handles came from Mark at Burl Source. Thanks buddy. This block was perfect for this folder and really worked well.

Customfan
10-14-2013, 01:03 AM
That is super nice Randy! Congratulations! :cool2:

cheflarge
10-14-2013, 04:19 PM
DUDE!!! :plus1:

Lucretia
10-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Wow!

Here's (http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/world/europe/space-russia-chelyabinsk-meteorite/) a little more material you can use--now get to work! :D

(Great looking knife!)

HHH Knives
10-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I would like to have some of that. Lucretia!! :)

Great, Now I have to start searching the web for a piece of this stuff I can get!!

Thanks
Randy