PDA

View Full Version : Cyber Monday

mkriggen
11-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Aloha Drew and Danial, are you guys going to be having your cyber monday sale this year?

Thanks,
Mikey

xdrewsiferx
11-07-2013, 07:21 PM
It wouldn't be the holiday season if we didn't now would it :P

Expect to see some cool stuff again :D

I will post more details as we get closer

Mingooch
11-09-2013, 07:52 PM
love your cyber Monday sale, but I lose sooo much sleep checking every 2 hours LOL

Fran Rendina
11-26-2013, 03:48 AM
Did I miss the sale?

Mingooch
11-26-2013, 08:22 AM
No it is next Monday...on cyber Monday

xdrewsiferx
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
The sale will be starting after Thanksgiving on Sunday night and finishing Monday night (December 1st/2nd) Every two hours new items will go up for sale.

toddnmd
11-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Just curious, since I wasn't around for this last year. Is this sale like one knife every two hours? Small quantities? Or larger quantities (presumably less of a discount), or some kind of mix?

Curious what people picked up last year, and how quick they had to be.

Mingooch
11-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Just curious, since I wasn't around for this last year. Is this sale like one knife every two hours? Small quantities? Or larger quantities (presumably less of a discount), or some kind of mix?

Curious what people picked up last year, and how quick they had to be.

I check it out every year. It is a list of items, knives, boards, stones, scissors(not sure on exact number but a decently long list). They really do a nice job with some very good deals. They update the list every 2 hours and replace what has been sold.

kannamaster
11-27-2013, 11:52 PM
Darn it. I just bought a knife from them last month! Luckily I have other things in mind and some money to burn - how unusual....

quantumcloud509
11-28-2013, 08:39 AM
last time I showed up at EE I was going to buy a rust eraser....$450 later....I walked out of the store....

cclin
11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
last time I showed up at EE I was going to buy a rust eraser....$450 later....I walked out of the store....
LOL....what did you brought??

Justin0505
11-29-2013, 04:10 PM

there are better deals on rust erasers...
Did it come with a knife?

ecchef
11-29-2013, 05:21 PM
:biggrin:

quantumcloud509
11-30-2013, 09:32 AM
That was about 4 years ago, I dont remember all I got. My 10k stone, a leather strop, tsubaki oil, I dont remember what else. I just remember wiping the brow a couple times on the drive back home :D

kannamaster
11-30-2013, 11:30 AM
I had a similar experience. I was in Seattle and thought I should stop in on EE and Archie McPhee; two shops I just had to see in person. 600.00 dollars later - well you know the drill... It is one thing to see a knife on-line or hear about a knife from others - but once you have it in your hand it calls to you... It's like Kryptonite to your bank account.

xdrewsiferx
11-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Ok so here is the deal. Sunday night starting at 8pm pacific standard time the sale will start, every two hours from that point on until Monday at midnight new items will be listed on huge sales. Every two hours the items will change that are listed.

Keep an eye out this is our biggest sale day of the year!

Johnny.B.Good
11-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Did you guys sell that David Lisch feather/koa gyuto earlier today? I was browsing your site this morning, and after going back for a second look just now, can't find it! Beautiful knife.

Good luck with the sale!

Von blewitt
11-30-2013, 09:40 PM
I haven't seen this sale before, are all the "on sale" items listed on one page, or do you need to search an item to see if its on sale?

I can see myself having a sleepless night checking this every few hours

ecchef
12-01-2013, 08:23 AM
Yep...that'll be a 10 am start my time. So, while you guys are nodding off....:evilgrin:

Alex G
12-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Did you guys sell that David Lisch feather/koa gyuto earlier today? I was browsing your site this morning, and after going back for a second look just now, can't find it! Beautiful knife.

Good luck with the sale!

I bought this yesterday. After staring and staring I pulled the trigger. I know there are supposed to be more Lisch knives arriving at EE soon, but I didn't want to wait.
A

Johnny.B.Good
12-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I bought this yesterday. After staring and staring I pulled the trigger. I know there are supposed to be more Lisch knives arriving at EE soon, but I didn't want to wait.
A

Nice score, Alex!

I hope you'll post some pictures and your thoughts on it once it arrives.

Lucretia
12-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Glad you bought it and saved me--I've been eyeballing that one, too!

xdrewsiferx
12-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Link to the EpicureanEdge.com Sale: http://www.epicedge.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1321

Link to the Bladeconnection.com Sales: http://bladeconnection.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1490

Lucretia
12-01-2013, 11:46 PM
What an evil, evil place. Now I have to go tell hubby what he bought me for Christmas. :scared1:

Johnny.B.Good
12-02-2013, 12:00 AM
What an evil, evil place. Now I have to go tell hubby what he bought me for Christmas. :scared1:

Why don't you tell us first? :)

danielomalley
12-02-2013, 12:01 AM
As I was leaving, I saw that someone Washington bought one of the new Maumasi knives (which are quickly becoming among my favorites). Was that you? If so, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

-daniel

danielomalley
12-02-2013, 12:06 AM
BladeGallery's Epicurean Edge Cyber Monday sale is up and running as of about an hour ago. I think it is going to be our best sale yet, with even a wider selection and even some deeper discounts. We literally have some of the items on sale at less than our wholesale cost! It's an opportunity to say "thank you" to all that folks that have helped support us this year.

I'm looking forward to hearing about folks favorite finds.

As Drew mentioned, the direct link to the Epicurean Edge Cyber Monday sale page is:
http://epicedge.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1321

The link to the BladeConnection Cyber Monday sale is:
http://www.bladeconnection.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1490

Remember that the items on sale change every two hours, so keep a look out. Also, keep in mind that quite a few of the items are pretty limited quantity.

Though the forum discount doesn't apply to sale items, go ahead and include your forum name in the comments area so that we'll know your one of the gang coming from here.

-daniel

LeperoftheFaith
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM
How does it work if you buy items from different time blocks? Will they be bundled together when shipped? And if so will that effect the overall shipping cost? More or less?

BTW Already got the Asai Enji Gyuto and am sure more purchases will be coming.

danielomalley
12-02-2013, 12:33 AM
We work on shipping beginning Monday morning. If there are multiple orders at the time that we're working on a particular order, we'll combine those automatically and adjust the shipping down. If you'd like us to wait until the end of the sale to ship your orders, just include this in the comments section of your order and we'll wait to ship your orders until Tuesday when the sale has completed.

-daniel

How does it work if you buy items from different time blocks? Will they be bundled together when shipped? And if so will that effect the overall shipping cost? More or less?

BTW Already got the Asai Enji Gyuto and am sure more purchases will be coming.

LeperoftheFaith
12-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Awesome, look forward to what is to come.

Lucretia
12-02-2013, 12:54 AM
As I was leaving, I saw that someone Washington bought one of the new Maumasi knives (which are quickly becoming among my favorites). Was that you? If so, I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

-daniel

:D

Right now my thoughts are "dayum, I've got to make some room in the knife drawer and put some things up on BST to pay for that puppy!"

kannamaster
12-02-2013, 04:17 PM
3 knives I might not have bought but the sale was too irresistible....great stuff at midnight and 4am. I'm cutting myself off but I saved around 45% over all!! The knives...1. Fujiwara Denka no hoto 180 santoku 2. Bob Kramer/henckles 10" carbon (for my cousin's first serious knife) 3. Hinoura half-twist suminigashi petty. Really looking forward to the Hinoura and I know the Fujiwara pretty well - great edge holding, light, and I think my wife will find this one comfortable as well. Thanks to all at EE. You guys are great!

pleue
12-02-2013, 04:28 PM
nice was wondering if someone here bought the hinoura

kannamaster
12-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Just when I thought I was out - I had to buy one more... It was so cute and cheap. Tojinbo damascus 3" petty. But I am really done now.

kannamaster
12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I'll let you know my impressions when it arrives. Any one else want to share their purchases?

Jvang998
12-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Sigh... So close to biting on the Mac Deba.

pleue
12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
put me first in line on the hinoura if you ever wanna sell it :)

Lucretia
12-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Did you see the 210 Hinoura up now? Sooooo tempting...

mkriggen
12-03-2013, 01:17 AM

Yea, I'm still kicking myself for not jumping on that one. Gotta admit though, that was one kick-ass sale. To Dan and Drew and the rest of the crew at EE...:doublethumbsup::doublethumbsup:

Be well and good night,
Mikey

kannamaster
12-03-2013, 01:52 AM
put me first in line on the hinoura if you ever wanna sell it :)

I'll keep you in mind but I have a feeling this one is a keeper. I have been checking out those Hinouras for a while (my kind of knife and maker) but could not quite bring myself pull the trigger. Actually I did not even expect to see that knife in the sale, and when I did, I was taken aback. The sale price really pushed me over the edge - and I can see now that I was not a minute too soon. I'm feeling pretty lucky. Thanks again to EE for some serious christmas spirit (you devils you) and good night. I have a lot of sleep to catch up on.

Adirondack
12-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Picked up my first serious nakiri - a 165mm Fujiwara Denka No Hoto. It was one of five different nakiris I was already considering and when it popped up at almost half price I had to pull the trigger. I am so looking forward to trying it out.

Lucretia
12-03-2013, 07:19 PM
@!@#!@#!!!!!! In theory the PO tried to deliver my knife today. I was home all day, and working at my computer when they claimed to make the delivery, and heard a rustle on the front porch. No knock, no ringing of the doorbell. Could have been the wind blowing the Christmas wreath against the door. Sat for a few seconds wondering about the noise, then walked the 16 steps to the front door (I counted), looked out, and didn't see anything. No notice on the door, no package on the stoop, figured it was the wind. Checked the status later and saw "attempted delivery, notice left on door." NO freaking notice on the door. In a panic that either (a) they left the notice at the wrong house (where knowing my neighbors, they would accept delivery and keep it) or (b) the notice blew away or someone snagged it off the front door, I tried calling the PO (800) number. 3 times. And got "this call cannot be completed". 3 times. As a last resort walked out to the community mailbox 1/2 block away and found the notice inside. GRRRRRRRrrrRRRRRRR!!!!!! No wonder they're going under!

So now I get to go out to the post office tomorrow in freezing temperatures to pick up the knife. I don't think I'll trust them to redeliver. Cranky cranky Lucretia.

cookinstuff
12-03-2013, 11:57 PM
hehe the lady just walks up to my door and puts the slip in my mailbox nowadays. She doesn't even attempt to deliver anything, I think next time I will greet her at the door and ask for the package, talk about first world problems eh! But back to EE's awesome cyber monday I may have splurged on some Laguiole steak knives, I've wanted a set of these for some time. :hungry:

daveb
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
You know it's going to be one of those umbrella thjings. If you go to the PO, it will be on the truck. If you wait for the truck, it will be at the PO... I better turn off rant before it starts.

cookinstuff
12-04-2013, 12:29 PM
I just got up this morning and my package from EE was on the steps, HUH! I am in Canada, I placed my order monday after midnight est, so just at the end of the sale, and have my package on Wednesday morning, wow, fastest package shipped from the states through customs ever. Thanks to the folks at EE for the awesome deal, enjoying my Fontenille Pataud Laguiole steak knives, they are beautiful.

Lucretia
12-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Holy carp. If this knife cuts anything close to what it looks like and how it feels in the hand, I may have a new favorite maker. This might just be the most beautiful knife I've ever seen. Now I'll have to try it out on some poor defenseless produce.

And Dave, you were right. While I was at the PO picking it up I missed delivery of another package requiring a signature. Joys of the season. Bah humbug.

kannamaster
12-04-2013, 09:26 PM
My knives just arrived as well, and upon first look I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The Hinoura is more beautiful in person than the EE photos - in fact all the knives exceed my expectations (and they were high expectations). The little 3" Tojinbo petty fits in my hand perfectly for close paring/peeling - just like I was hoping it would. Even the Fujiwara is way better looking and feeling than I remember from past experiences. Looking forward to sharpening them and seeing how they really cut. Thanks again to EE for a great sale and fast shipping, and on Monday no less, when they are usually closed!

kannamaster
12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Though the forum discount doesn't apply to sale items, go ahead and include your forum name in the comments area so that we'll know your one of the gang coming from here.

Being pretty new to the KKF I did not know about the EE discount. Would anyone care to elaborate on the discount and let me know if there are other benefits of being a member of this forum besides the great knife camaraderie and info? Thanks and please.

kannamaster
12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
The first part of the last post is an earlier quote from Daniel of EE but I screwed up the attribution part somehow trying to edit it to the relevant sentence. In case my follow up question did not make sense.

kannamaster
12-04-2013, 09:44 PM
I would love to see some pics when you get a chance.
Holy carp. If this knife cuts anything close to what it looks like and how it feels in the hand, I may have a new favorite maker. This might just be the most beautiful knife I've ever seen. Now I'll have to try it out on some poor defenseless produce.

And Dave, you were right. While I was at the PO picking it up I missed delivery of another package requiring a signature. Joys of the season. Bah humbug.

Lucretia
12-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Photo from EE:

http://www.epicedge.com/pics/91977_1_b.jpg

kannamaster
12-06-2013, 08:17 AM
So that's the one you got. WOW - that is a sweet knife! he really seems to have come up with a knife that is a synthesis of all his influences and collaborators but that still feels unique. It is not easy to work with a master for years and then manage to find your own voice. Congrats. I hope you will post more of your impressions as you get to know this knife. I think one of these will be my next knife purchase.

bear1889
12-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I am so jealous, that is beautiful

danielomalley
12-07-2013, 01:31 AM
@Lucretia - I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Mareko Maumasi. I am really excited that he is finding a voice in creating new knives ... He really has done a fantastic job both bringing in the lessons he has learned, but also creating something that uniquely speaks for him! The handle is amazing! And I love that angled integral bolster for a pinch grip. It turns it he makes a pretty good cutter too! :)
-daniel

danielomalley
12-07-2013, 01:37 AM
My knives just arrived as well, and upon first look I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The Hinoura is more beautiful in person than the EE photos - in fact all the knives exceed my expectations (and they were high expectations). The little 3" Tojinbo petty fits in my hand perfectly for close paring/peeling - just like I was hoping it would. Even the Fujiwara is way better looking and feeling than I remember from past experiences. Looking forward to sharpening them and seeing how they really cut. Thanks again to EE for a great sale and fast shipping, and on Monday no less, when they are usually closed!
The Hinouras were a real highlight of the sale for me. He is much better known in Europe than in the US. We priced them at a loss for the sale hoping them to get into some good hands. I'm pleased some of the folks at the forum got them. I'm really eager to hear what folks think. If you've got a chance to write a review of them on the site, that would help a lot for people to get to know his work.

-daniel

Lucretia
12-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Daniel,

Check under "Reviews". I LIKE this knife!

I actually had a Hinoura parer in my cart and took it out again...felt a little guilty after the Maumasi purchase. Besides, Hubby seems to be giving my knives the evil eye then going off to do some guitar & amp shopping...:scared4:

SpiceOfLife
12-08-2013, 12:26 AM
Daniel,

Check under "Reviews". I LIKE this knife!

Lucretia I really enjoy mine too. I'll have to go take a look at your review to see your thoughts on it :)

Picture courtesy of EE:
http://epicureanedge.com/pics/91894_1_b.jpg

I picked up this knife from you Daniel a couple of months ago and it's easily my new favourite.

I managed to snag a Hinoura during the sale, it's on its way to me right now! If I get a chance I'll try to submit a quick review on EE.

- Steve

kannamaster
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
I will definitely put in a review of my Hinoura petty after I have had a chance to get to know it (and after I have 50 post and can add photos).