PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mounted Knife Blocks - New Possible Product

Marko Tsourkan
11-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Hi folks,
a while back Dave (theBoardSmith) suggested that I make knife blocks. At that time I wasn't interested, but now I am considering offering a wall mount model, similar to one he made. It going to be 4" deep, 12 tall and will accommodate 10 knives.

Any interest for these?

Counter-top magnetic blocks are coming as well, but wall mount might be a good option for folks who want knives securely stored (out of the reach of children, cats, etc).

M

Anton
11-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I've been looking for the "one" wall mounted block, would really like to see what you come up with. I'm fairly certain it will exceed expectations

chinacats
11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Definite interest, do you have any sketches or pictures?

Marko Tsourkan
11-12-2013, 02:10 PM
The design is similar to Dave's design where you have knife slots perpendicular to the face of the block. I will offset them so the slots are not in the same line, but basically, the block is going to be rectangular in shape, the face will be 3/8" thick some figured wood (thinking birdseye maple) and the back will have a mounting hardware. The middle will be plain wood of the same species.

I can make the block 3.5" deep if I use keyhole mounting hardware, or 4" deep with same hanging hardware as Dave used to make his.