PDA

View Full Version : Serious Eats tests the Anova, Sansaire, and Nomiku Sous-Vide Circulators

gic
12-16-2013, 07:35 PM
http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/12/sous-vide-circulator-review-sansaire-nomiku-anova.html

Verdict = Anova slightly ahead of the Sansaire (beta version only - release version coming in January) and Nomiku trails

Crothcipt
12-16-2013, 10:34 PM
From what I read of the piece I am happy with my purchase. (sansaire) Also sounded like some problems he found have been taken care of with it.

mr drinky
12-16-2013, 10:40 PM
I kind of got that same feeling. I am happy with sticking with the sansaire.

k.

gic
12-17-2013, 01:36 AM
I'm also waiting for my sansaire :- )

JBroida
12-17-2013, 01:44 AM
anova just arrived this evening... sadly, i'm just getting home now well after dinner time :(

marc4pt0
12-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Jon, Would love to hear your thoughts on the Anova once you've had the opportunity to spend some time with it. As well as other's thoughts on the Sansaire.

Bill13
12-17-2013, 09:40 AM
+1. Nothing super detailed just initial impressions (at least at first).

JBroida
12-17-2013, 12:46 PM
I opened it up last night after getting home and made an egg, because i didnt want to wake up my kid with the vacuum sealer at midnight ;)

The build quality feels really nice, the controls are pretty straightforward, i like the directional flow of the water, and it works quickly enough for me. In all honesty, i thnink i'm going to like it more than the polyscience creative that i've used at a friends house before. Trying to cook some real food with it soon, but have dinner plans tonight sadly.

JBroida
12-18-2013, 11:45 PM
posted this in another tread too:
"finally got to use it tonight for a steak (skirt steak... new mexico style)... really happy with speed of heating up, temp consistency, and flow direction control... i set the timer, and i expected it to beep or something, but nothing like that happened... i wonder what that is all about... it just kept going, but the timer stopped. Anyways, steak came out perfectly... temp was spot on. So far, so good."