PDA

View Full Version : Chef Shoes

chudomir
02-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Hello Guys

My grandfather likes to say that you should never regret spending a lot of money on two things in you life a duvet and shoes because you end up spending a long time in those two. I tend to agree with that statement so here we go:
Yesterday my 4 year old Crocks gave up on me, almost forcing me to do a back flip in the process, so now I'm looking for some new footwear to wear in the kitchen. Being in the UK and all everybody around here tends to wear either Crocks or Birkenstock but I'm open to suggestions. What are the shoes that you guys are wearing while cooking.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

rdm_magic
02-16-2014, 04:44 PM
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/5241-Footwear-Poll

Quite an in depth read for you there!

jbl
02-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Hey man, this topic has been covered extensively; use the search function! A lot of the guys here wear things not easily found in the UK. I too wore clogs for ages until my achilles really started to feel it, and then I switched to Blundstones and have never looked back

chefjohnboyardee
02-17-2014, 06:45 AM
Just went from Dansko Bullhides to Moza Forza's. I got a great price on the Mozas. I do need to get another pair to rotate between the two. I've only had them for three months but I wore out the last pair of Danskos in a year. I was a sad panda. When I had a large corporate deal (they paid seventy percent) I found I needed shoes every four months. Screw that. The Mozas are holding out and I scrub floors every night.

I never dug the Birki toe thing and Crocs would make my feet feel nice and lower back feel ok but my knees would hurt.