PDA

View Full Version : strange problems with forum lately

icanhaschzbrgr
03-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Hello

Today I tried to left comment on this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/17348-quot-simple-stainless-gyuto-quot-what-would-be-your-pick/page2

I wrote everything, preview it in advanced mode and hit "submit reply" button. I was redirected to the link I posted above, but my comment wasn't there. In the URL in my browser I could see "posted" in the parameters and it seems like everything went well, except that the page on the forum doesn't get updated with my comment.

I have a habit of copying all my comments into buffer before submitting, so I decided to post same comment again. After I inserted comment from bugger and pressed "post quick reply" I was presented with error message that says I've already posted that message within 5 minutes.

So clearly my first comment was stored, but the page wasn't updated. It has nothing to do with browser cache or anything like that. Being a web developer myself I know exactly when it's a server issue, not the client.

After 5 minutes that thread still doesn't shows my comment.

icanhaschzbrgr
03-09-2014, 11:42 AM
What's new page clearly shows that my comment was posted. But in the thread latest comment isn't mine. Consider attached screenshots (please ignore custom theme)

What's new page: 22653

Latest comment in that thread 22652

icanhaschzbrgr
03-10-2014, 04:35 AM
According to the mentioned thread I wasn't the only one who experienced problems, but now they seems to be resolved. Thanks to whoever did this.