PDA

View Full Version : pop up ads attached to some words when viewing as a guest

WarrenB
03-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Just happened to look at Echerub's Consolidated Clear-Out in B/S/T, was viewing as a guest as I auto logged out, some of the words have pop up ads attached to them, never seen this on here before, tried it on 2 laptops just make sure it's not a laptop problem. Doesn't happen when you view logged in though.

PierreRodrigue
03-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Yes I see it too. I don't like it.

ThEoRy
03-29-2014, 02:28 PM
It's been like that forever when not logged in.

WarrenB
03-29-2014, 02:35 PM
It's been like that forever when not logged in.
Never noticed when I was looking through the forum for a few weeks before I joined a month ago, guess it only happens randomly on rare occasions then.

ThEoRy
03-29-2014, 03:06 PM
Well it was really only on my mobile and since then I've side loaded ad away and ad blocker so I don't see it anymore.

WarrenB
03-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Well it was really only on my mobile and since then I've side loaded ad away and ad blocker so I don't see it anymore.
I use a couple of ad blockers but for some reason these ads show up, can you see it if you view as a guest or is nothing visible?

ThEoRy
03-29-2014, 04:07 PM
Yup. They aren't there on my Android while not logged in. Maybe you need to update your hostlist.

WarrenB
03-29-2014, 04:15 PM
Yup. They aren't there on my Android while not logged in. Maybe you need to update your hostlist.
Yep will have a check, might have a general update/change about anyway, normally update all the safety stuff weekly but won't hurt to have good look through it