PDA

View Full Version : Stepping Down from Admin/Moderator

Dave Martell
04-02-2014, 04:39 PM
As many of you know I started this site with Jim back in 2011 and then sold the site to GroupBuilders a year ago last week. (See http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/11418-KKF-has-new-owners?p=193146&viewfull=1#post193146)

I was legally bound by contract to remain on board to help transition through the sale to the new owners for a period of 30 days. I felt that this was not enough time and to maintain the needs of the forum I continued to do the administrating/moderating job for free for the remainder of the following year.

Recently I made the move to step down from my position of administrating/moderating this site as was initially planned. This move was done because I simply can not give up the time it takes to run this site without compensation. I will now use the time gained back to move forward with my business.

The purpose of this post is to share with the members the reason why I no longer will be contributing to running KKF as well as to ask that you do not contact me in the future with administrating/moderating questions & concerns. I would ask that you contact the staff instead as this will be the only answer that I can provide anyway. I also look towards getting Austin to switch out all of the rules/guideline posts into his name so that I can keep away from answering inquires.

I wish the best of luck to GroupBuilders and to KKF. Thanks to all of you who have been so supportive over the years and who have grown the kitchen knife community into what it has become. :)

Regards,
Dave

erikz
04-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Thanks for your work and effort Dave. Much appreciated and you will surely be missed as admin/mod.

Good luck with your business!

WarrenB
04-02-2014, 05:08 PM
I have only been here for a few weeks but I have always got great replies to my noob questions and Dave has answered a few PM's with a lot of patience and insightful info despite the fact that is more than likely the same question he has answered a thousand times before:doublethumbsup:
Good luck expanding the business Dave:thumbsup:

Warren

Pensacola Tiger
04-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Thanks for everything you've done, Dave. The phrase "above and beyond the call of duty" is certainly appropriate for your generous donation of your time and effort.

ThEoRy
04-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Yeah guys, stop emailing Dave about the site. He has to make MOAR KNIVEEEES!!

Thanks for setting up this place Dave and congratulations on the transition!

cheflarge
04-02-2014, 05:37 PM
Sad day around the KKF. Good luck with all future business.

Twistington
04-02-2014, 06:18 PM

Yes I want my sharp thingie aswell. :O

rodneyat
04-02-2014, 06:49 PM

Thanks for setting up this place Dave and congratulations on the transition!

+1000

We all really appreciate your hard work here. But, will probably appreciate it more on knives. :)

toddnmd
04-02-2014, 07:52 PM
Dave,
You did some fundamental work in creating a space for a great community to grow. I can't even imagine how much time and energy you've put in, but I'm sure it's a great deal.
Thank you for your contributions--KKF is an incredibly valuable resource and group of people. I sincerely thank you for all that you've done.
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors, and look forward to your continuing contributions as a very knowledgeable and helpful member here!

echerub
04-02-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm looking forward to more of the straight-talkin' here's-what-I-see-and-here's-what-I-know Dave. As a moderator, and certainly as someone who owns the place, there is a bit of self-censorship on what you say or how you say it. Now we have our original Dave back again :)

As others have said, thank you Dave for the time and effort you put into building up KKF into the community that it is :)

And yes, sharp thingies are always cool around here :D

turbochef422
04-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Thank you for everything you've done Dave it Los very much appreciated. Now start pumping out those knives.

Von blewitt
04-03-2014, 01:16 AM
Cheers Dave, you can definately be proud of what you have created! hopefully now you'll have more time for yourself and to spend on your core business of making, sharpening and rehabilitating all things sharp and shiny. Surely now you'll have more time to crawl deeper into the knife making hole. Put me down for a forged integral Gyuto as surely that's the next step :D
All the best & thanks again

wenus2
04-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Now we have our original Dave back again :)

Yes, I miss "Coarse Dave" as well Len.

Congrats from getting out from under the thumb Dave. Spread those wings buddy!

chefcomesback
04-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Thank you for this forum Dave, you have created very nice atmosphere , very seldom found on Internet forums

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

apicius9
04-03-2014, 04:48 AM
Ok, I like it if you have more time for knives and other work. But more than that, I hope that you will be able to use some of that time to relax and spend time with your girls.

Stefan

77kath
04-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks for this forum!

Bill13
04-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Dave,

Congrat's are in order for successfully completing the transition. You must be exhausted from the last three years of running a website and a business. Maybe it's time to take a vacation!

Namaxy
04-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Thanks for all the help Dave!

Dave Martell
04-03-2014, 01:19 PM
I had to laugh at the comments about me being less censored because I've been under the impression that this is what no one likes about me, or maybe it's just that I heard about this negatively enough to make me consider changing my ways. Maybe it's just that some people find the truth to be a bit too.......truthful? :D

Anyway, thanks for all of the kind words of support and encouragement. You folks are great! :)

Dave

erikz
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
What I love about this place is the honesty and way everone is allowed to speak their mind.

So please dont censor yourself :p

apathetic
04-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Definitely want to hear your honest opinions, no matter how harsh :)