PDA

View Full Version : Gesshin 5k

Vertigo
08-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Howdy all,

For sale today is my recently purchased Gesshin 5k Splash-and-Go stone from Jon's Gesshin Toishi lineup. Leaves a bright, "bling bling" edge that has a good deal of tooth and a great feeling while moving through product. The stone just lost the last of it's logo when I flattened and chamfered it for the sale, so it's within microns of being new.

http://www.souppilgrim.com/orglif/toishi1.JPG

http://www.souppilgrim.com/orglif/toishi2.JPG

New for $75, I'll ship it to you CONUS for $60 PayPal.

monty
08-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm not trying to low ball you, but I can manage $50 (if that includes shipping). I understand if you'd like to give folks a chance to meet you at your asking price, so consider this offer a safety net. I'm sure you'll get what you asked originally :) PM if you are interested.

Wagstaff
08-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Will you share why you're getting rid of it so soon? Is it just you prefer something else for your particular purposes?

Vertigo
08-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Sure, Wagstaff. While this is a real nice rock, it's not exempt from the characteristics of other splash-n-go stones; that is, it's very light on "feeling" and feedback. A lot of people use and enjoy these types of stones, but they aren't really my cup of tea. I bought this one more to test out than anything else, and as an obsessive-compulsive minimalist, I can't have a stone laying around I probably won't use much. Rather parlay the proceeds from the sale into a soaker in the Gesshin line instead, and let this one be enjoyed by someone who appreciates the convenience of a splash-n-go.

As I said though, the stone is pretty nice. I'd say it cuts "medium" fast, leaves a really bright finish, and puts a good deal of bite on the edge. I had more fun using a Rika than the Gesshin 5k, but I think the edge from the Gesshin is much more robust (and the stone is much less fussy).

Wagstaff
08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Cool answer -- I'd rather have the soaker at 4K, too, but... that costs a lot more. I've sent you a PM.

Vertigo
08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
And this baby is sold pending. Thanks!