PDA

View Full Version : what are you drinking tonight?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

mr drinky
10-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Started with a Zaca Mesa chard but it was corked, and moved on to a Rideau viognier.

k.

EdipisReks
10-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Started with a Zaca Mesa chard but it was corked, and moved on to a Rideau viognier.

k.

nice, mate!

GlassEye
10-21-2012, 12:45 AM
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/glasseye72/Food/539D5718-8D94-42AB-9B82-10B0FE4C6C47-972-0000015566DA8BF0.jpg

apicius9
10-21-2012, 01:58 AM
Oohh, I heard good things about the 1978...

Working on the riesling, finally. Very nice, full-bodied (that's why they call it a Grand Cru, I guess...), nice balance and not too acidic. Seems to have mellowed out and settled a bit already. Nice drinking age for that one. Oh, it's a Meyer-Fonne Wineck Schlossberg 2008.

Stefan

Chuckles
10-21-2012, 02:06 AM
Strongbow Cider to Brooklyn Lager. Walk-in party of 55 tonight. We seat 75 and were already on a wait. Best tasting drinks I've had in a while.

Eamon Burke
10-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Crios Torrontes. Had it with Shrimp Tacos.

Started with a Zaca Mesa chard but it was corked

Being a wine-novice, I have been concerned that I won't know what "corked" is, and just assume I hate the wine. Then I went to visit my buddy who used to be a wine salesman and he broke out a 2006 Pepperbridge Merlot, and it was corked. I could not believe how bad it was.

Eamon Burke
10-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Also I had a Bully! Porter that I was supposed to comment on here.

For those of you who like Porters and want some extra hops without having to choke down an IPA, as Huey Lewis would say, this is it!

Canadian
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Glenfiddich 21.

Mmmmmm.

AFKitchenknivesguy
10-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Arrogant Bastard Ale...apparently I am not worthy.

Zwiefel
10-30-2012, 11:39 PM
a change of pace tonight: Saison DuPont...vaugely lambic-y (gueuze, not the fruit varieties).

markenki
10-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo Reserva 2007.

Eamon Burke
10-31-2012, 12:48 AM
First ever try at the infamous 2 buck chuck.

Really gross. Almost as bad as drinking seasoned cooking wine.

Zwiefel
10-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I tried crane lake before....as close to chuck as i want....

I hear chuck is decent for cooking though (think that was from AB).

TamanegiKin
10-31-2012, 02:56 AM
First ever try at the infamous 2 buck chuck.

Really gross. Almost as bad as drinking seasoned cooking wine.

Oh man, my friends and I used to go everywhere with a couple boxes of Franzia "chillable red" in our partying prime.
It got the job done and the classy girls we ran with loved the stuff lol.

Mike9
10-31-2012, 08:05 AM
I have a cold so yesterday I made my "cold buster cocktail". Juice of two lemons & two limes, juice of a big whack of ginger, one pint of ginger brandy and one liter of ginger ale. Not only does it taste good, but it eases all those symptoms and ushers you onto a better nights sleep.

apicius9
10-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Campo Viejo Rioja Tempranillo Reserva 2007.

When I lived in Spain I went through a few cases of CV's offerings. Nice memories.

For me it was water and apple juice tonight.

Stefan

Carl
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Bud LIght Lime-a-Rita... yeah, it's as good as it sounds.

mr drinky
10-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Bud LIght Lime-a-Rita... yeah, it's as good as it sounds.

Carl, you do know that it is morning now right? ;)

k.

Carl
10-31-2012, 11:56 AM
... ok, LAST night. :)
and the night before, and the one before... wow, maybe I should start earlier today...

SpikeC
10-31-2012, 01:55 PM
Great Divide Hibernation Ale. English style old ale, robust and malty!

dmccurtis
10-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Booker's barrel-proof bourbon.

SpikeC
10-31-2012, 09:16 PM
Pabst Blue Ribbon, Wild Turkey, Knob Creek, Widmer Old Embalmer. It looks like Mom's house sold!

tk59
11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Been working through some Sika wines blended by a guy I met when I first got into wine, over 15 yrs ago. Very nice. So far, the '09 napa syrah and the '09 napa cab are my favorites.

Johnny.B.Good
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Full Sail Wassail Winter Ale.

Delicious.

Mike9
11-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Some nice Malbec

mr drinky
11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Been working through some Sika wines blended by a guy I met when I first got into wine, over 15 yrs ago. Very nice. So far, the '09 napa syrah and the '09 napa cab are my favorites.

That's my type of drinking :) I need to work through some wines myself.

k.

apicius9
11-01-2012, 11:29 PM
So, a friend gave me a bottle of shochu - what do I do with it? Never had any, how do you guys drink it?

Stefan

sachem allison
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
I like it with some crushed watermelon, lime juice, simple syrup and a little salt on the rocks

sachem allison
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM
So, a friend gave me a bottle of shochu - what do I do with it? Never had any, how do you guys drink it?

Stefan

The word "sake" in Japan can actually refer to all alcoholic beverages in general, although it most often refers to the wine-like rice brew so tightly associated with that Illustration by Kakurezaki Ryuichiword overseas. But in some parts of Japan, most notably the far western and southern regions, the word sake is understood to refer to a totally different alcoholic beverage, also indigenous to Japan, but distilled and not brewed: shochu.

Like almost all such beverages throughout the world, shochu developed as it did as an expression of region, especially climate, cuisine and available raw materials. Perhaps the factor most affecting the development of shochu is the weather. The island of Kyushu and the western part of the island of Honshu are significantly warmer than the rest of Japan.

Brewing sake calls for relatively lower temperatures, but shochu can be distilled in these warmer regions. Also, the higher alcohol content and drier feel is more appealing to many in milder climates.

Unlike many other beverages, shochu is made from one of several raw materials. These include sweet potato, and shochu made from these is called "imo-jochu." Other materials commonly used include from rice, soba (buckwheat), and barley. There is even one island where there a few places that make shochu from brown sugar. It can also be made from more obscure things like chestnuts and other grains.

And, each of these raw materials gives a very, very distinct flavor and aroma profile to the final sake. These profiles run the gamut from smooth and light (rice) to peaty, earthy and strong (potato). Indeed, each of these raw materials lends a unique flavor in much the same way that the peat and barley of each region in Scotland determine the character of the final scotch whiskey.

There are, in fact, many parallels between shochu and scotch, regional distinction based on local ingredients being only one of them.

Another parallel to scotch can be found in the distillation methods. There are basically two main methods of distillation. The older method - it has been around since the 14th century or so - involves a single round of distillation only, and is made using only one raw material. Known as Otsu-rui (Type B - in an admittedly loose translation) or Honkaku ("the real thing") shochu, this type will more often reflect the idiosyncrasies of the original raw material. In this sense, it can be likened to single malt scotches.

The second method is one in which the shochu is goes through several distillations, one right after another. It is often made with several of the commonly used raw materials. Known as Kou-rui (Type A, in the same admittedly loose translation) shochu, this method has only been around since 1911, although it only became a legal classification in 1949. With a bit of a stretch, this kind of shochu is similar to much blended scotch. In other words, it is much smoother, ideal for mixing in cocktails, and with much less … well, character.

Beyond these variables, the type of koji mold (used to create sugar from the starch of the raw materials during the fermentation step that necessarily takes place before distillation) can be one of three, (yellow koji, as is used with sake, white koji and black koji) and the distillation itself can take place at either atmospheric pressure or at a forced lower pressure. These parameters too naturally affect the style of the final product.

Kou-rui shochu, of which much more is produced by far, is quite versatile. As it is lighter and cleaner, it lends itself well to use in mixed drinks. Perhaps its most ubiquitous manifestation is the popular "chu-hi," a shochu hi-ball made using a plethora of different fruit flavors and sold in single-serving cans or mixed fresh at bars and pubs. (Since it is supposedly cleaner by virtue of having been repeatedly distilled, it is said by some to give less of a hangover, although there is no evidence to truly back this up.)

Otsu-rui shochu, the "real thing" honkaku-shochu, on the other hand, has a more artisan, hand crafted appeal associated with it. The nature of the raw material can really come through, and be it soba, rice, barley, or chestnuts, each has its fans and foes. This is especially true when it has been distilled at atmospheric pressure, not forced lower pressure.

Perhaps the most interesting - and illustrious - of all shochu are those made from the sweet potatoes of Kagoshima Prefecture: imo-jochu. While the flavors can be heavier and more earthy than shochu made from other starches, Kagoshima imo-jochu offers complexity and fullness of flavor that makes it quite enjoyable to many a connoisseur.

Honkaku "the real thing" shochu is usually enjoyed straight, on the rocks, or with a splash of water. Another way to enjoy either type of shochu is known as "oyu-wari," which is simply mixing it with a bit of hot water. This both backs the alcohol off a bit, releases flavor and aroma, and warms the body to the very core. Unbeatable in winter, for sure. From experience, I can guarantee it will warm you from the core outward.

Shochu overall is enjoying massive popularity these days in Japan. Over the last couple of years, both beer and sake consumption have continued to drop, where as shochu has actually increased.

While shochu has its roots in either China or Korea, probably having come across during trading, the traditional home of shochu in Japan is Kagoshima, on the island of Kyushu. In fact, the first usage of the term shochu appeared in graffiti written by a carpenter dated 1559 in a shrine in the city of Oguchi in Kagoshima.

Kagoshima is rightfully proud of their shochu heritage. It is the only prefecture in Japan that brews absolutely no sake, but only produces shochu. If you ask for sake down there, expect and enjoy the local sweet-potato distillate.

The difference between soju and shochu
Korea also makes shochu, although it is called soju in Korean. And, Korean producers got to the US with it first. As such, in US legalese, the product is known as shochu. As far as I know, all Japanese shochu will be legally referred to as soju in the US. It is, in essence, the same thing. Judge it on its flavor, not its label.

tkern
11-01-2012, 11:57 PM
crushed watermelon you say?

sachem allison
11-02-2012, 12:02 AM
yes or a good cantalope or Charentais ( I think that's how you spell it ) melon. The riper the better. It really depends on the shochu, It's a lot like grappa and depending on the ingredient used to make it, you may not want to mix it. I find Shochu made from rice works best in this drink or my favorite an unfiltered sake.

apicius9
11-02-2012, 12:23 AM
I ask a simple question and I get an education, gotta love this forum - Thanks Son! No melons or limes in the house, gotta pick some up tomorrow and will try it in different ways. Tonight it's probably cold 'Whispering Angel', a Cotes de Provence rose with an English name. Made me skeptical but the store guy insisted it was good. We'll see.

Stefan

ayeung74
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Had a bottle of 2009 Mica Cabernet. It was very nice and got progressively better with time in the decanter.

Don Nguyen
11-02-2012, 02:55 PM
I don't normally drink anything, but I'll be at a bar later tonight with some friends. Maybe I'll try a bourbon neat or something? I am not a beer guy.

DeepCSweede
11-02-2012, 03:07 PM
My boss asked me to go to a beer tasting tonight, so I guess I gotta have a few for the team.

mr drinky
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
After putting to rest a case of various wines last Saturday, I haven't drunk again until tonight. Right now I am drinking a Washington State (Columbia Valley) 2011 Tamarack Cellars (http://tamarackcellars.com/wines)Chardonnay. It is always nice when the wagon slows just enough for me to hop off ;)

k.

Zwiefel
11-02-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm celebrating a nice haul this week...or as my wife understands it: I'm celebrating a recent promotion she got....

J California Sparkling Wine...X2.
Kriek (Cherry Lambic)
Pomme (Apple Lambic)

Lucretia
11-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Margaritas. I didn't discover them until later in life, so I'm trying to make up for lost time.:dazed:

Carl
11-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Mike's, Mike's and more Mike's.

AFKitchenknivesguy
11-03-2012, 01:00 AM
I am stoked, I just picked up two bottles of Venetucci Pumpkin Ale from a buddy at a liquer store. It's almost impossible to find the second day it is out, as it's already sold out. I am not drinking except for special occasions. Like Thanksgiving in a bottle.

chinacats
11-03-2012, 02:23 AM
Citadelle martinis...strange but I think I like French gin.

Xuster
11-05-2012, 03:27 PM
In honor of Chris and his wife

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/749/photo2tkx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/photo2tkx.jpg/)

Going to go with some haddock maybe

GlassEye
11-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Kirin Ichiban

keithsaltydog
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
I go to walmart to get sunblock,fig newtons,Grapenuts,& gallons of Arizona Green Tea.I noticed they had Pilsner Urquell,so I picked up a 6 pac.A few of my favorite Pilsner beer tonight.:whistling:

EdipisReks
11-06-2012, 12:03 AM
2009 La Posta Cocina Tinto, which is pretty ******* good for $13 a bottle! another great bottle, from one of my favorite labels. goes great with day old Auvergne crown, decent brie, and Spanish chorizo. and some homemade dijon style mustard that would make your eyes water and your lips pucker.

Bill Burke
11-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Guiness, draught and 12 year old Jamison Neat.

GlassEye
11-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Couple of Kirin and some Wild Turkey 12.

Vertigo
11-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Guiness, draught and 12 year old Jamison Neat.

******* hell.

tk59
11-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Dom. du Pegau 2001 Reservee. It was fine but I expected it to be more to my liking. It was a little tired. It sucks when you hold on to something for a decade only to find you should have opened it a couple of years back.

mr drinky
11-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Dom. du Pegau 2001 Reservee. It was fine but I expected it to be more to my liking. It was a little tired. It sucks when you hold on to something for a decade only to find you should have opened it a couple of years back.

Well, when you feel that you need to clean shop and move some inventory, I'll gladly help you out :) Maybe it was just an off bottle too. It seems that the '01s should still be drinking well.

k.

tk59
11-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Well, when you feel that you need to clean shop and move some inventory, I'll gladly help you out :) Maybe it was just an off bottle too. It seems that the '01s should still be drinking well.

k.
If you ever find yourself in SD, let me know, I will be sure to enlist your services. :) To be fair to this bottle, it had a rough first couple of years in my closet. Proper wine storage wasn't in my budget back in grad school.

mr drinky
11-08-2012, 10:19 AM
If you ever find yourself in SD, let me know, I will be sure to enlist your services. :) To be fair to this bottle, it had a rough first couple of years in my closet. Proper wine storage wasn't in my budget back in grad school.

I can understand that. I shaved some life off of a bunch of 2001 barolos with poor storage one time.

k.

Eamon Burke
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM
'08 Marques do Caceres Rioja Crianaza with chipotle spanish rice and mexican chalupas. The bottle is better on the second day, it was fantastic with the food.

samuelpeter
11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
I found a very traditional saison I had made about three years ago. Totally delicious. Good start to my evening.

mr drinky
11-09-2012, 12:43 AM
2011 Buty Conner Lee Vineyard Chardonnay (http://www.butywinery.com/Wines/Our-Portfolio) and 2009 Scott Paul La Paulee Dundee Hills Pinot Noir (http://www.scottpaul.com/wines-and-vines/2009-la-paulee-pinot-noir).

k.

mhlee
11-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Wathen's Bourbon.

apicius9
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Coke zero, so far.

Stefan

Carl
11-09-2012, 12:53 AM
pepto

stereo.pete
11-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Not to one up Stefan but I have been drinking Founder's Brewing Breakfast Stouts!

sachem allison
11-09-2012, 12:56 AM
1998 Chateau Latour, Pauillac gran vin

mr drinky
11-09-2012, 01:10 AM
1998 Chateau Latour, Pauillac gran vin

Ok, I have to ask. Son, is everything ok? The last time I popped a bottle like that I was trying to drain it before my divorce decree was finalized ;)

k.

sachem allison
11-09-2012, 01:40 AM
It was there, I was there. What the hell. It doesn't do you any good in the bottle.lol How do you know what it taste like if you never drink it.

Back in 2002 I was in Fayetteville, NY working at a place called the Wellington House. I was the Exec there. We did a big wedding 300 people or so. I prepped, cooked and plated the whole entire thing by myself
7 passed canapes and 7 courses. I almost died from exhaustion running around . No cooks, no dishwasher and no help. The boss didn't want to pay for any staff and the Chef that was working there walked out two days before the event. I was pulled from a sister restaurant and asked if I could help them out. they didn't tell me what I was getting into. I pulled it off, just barely. The father of the Bride new what was going on and was sweating bullets. When he saw everything going so smoothly and heard all the compliments from the guest he finally relaxed. When it came time to pay the bill, he pulled me aside and gave me a $2000 tip and a case of this wine. Every year I drink one or two. THis years almost up and I have 1 bottle left. Might have it for Christmas. It was a very good year and damn tasty too. Things are fine, Thanks for asking. If things ever get that bad, there will be one hell of a give away on this forum.lol

Eric
11-09-2012, 02:18 AM
Son- glad to hear it, hope you enjoyed the latour. Tonight I helped myself to a 2010 Fichet Meursault, which is pretty darn tasty! Good night! Eric

mr drinky
11-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Good to hear...but I somehow suspected that you were just enjoying the vine :)

k.

apicius9
11-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Man, you guys are having fun on a common Thursday! I upped it (?) to a double shot of Jim Beam, ate too much stew and need digestive help ;)

Stefan

SpikeC
11-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Bayern Dopplebock Lager. Those guys do some very nice brews!

Ucmd
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
The loop Cali cab. Yummy

Zwiefel
11-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Ersk Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
Pomme (apple lambic)

mr drinky
11-09-2012, 08:56 PM
2010 Maison Bleue Gravière GSM (https://www.mbwinery.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=32&category_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=20) -- Upland Vineyard Snipes Mountain

k.

GlassEye
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Bruichladdich Islay 10yr.

mr drinky
11-10-2012, 12:03 AM
We should arrange a virtual group drink at some point. Just coordinate drinking the same thing at the same time and b-s about it.

k.

Zwiefel
11-10-2012, 12:52 AM
We should arrange a virtual group drink at some point. Just coordinate drinking the same thing at the same time and b-s about it.

k.

Interesting idea....synchronize on a film as well?

apicius9
11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
That means I have to start drinking early in the day :)

Tonight, Doennhoff Riesling 2011

Stefan

dmccurtis
11-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Armagnac de Montal VSOP.

heldentenor
11-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Ooh--I LOVE Doennhoff. Also partial to Merkelbach--really, most Mosel/Ruwer rieslings.

Carl
11-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Simpler Times Lager. meh

GlassEye
11-12-2012, 12:00 AM
Couple of Smithwicks and a Jameson at the pub, now a Knob Creek 9yr at home.

apicius9
11-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Looks like it will be Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Stefan

The Edge
11-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Had a couple of "Icky" IPA's, and now finishing the night with a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale since it sounds good at the moment.

brainsausage
11-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Dogfish 60 once again.

brainsausage
11-12-2012, 12:33 AM

k.

Yes!

heldentenor
11-12-2012, 12:42 AM
One glass each of Macallan 12 and Labiette VSOP Armagnac. Need something to ward off the chill here in Minnesota! I think it's colder on November 12 here than it got all winter in North Carolina last year.

Dusty
11-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Mountain goat hightail ale. A microbrew from ******** in Melbourne. :D

apicius9
11-12-2012, 03:18 AM
O.k., I lied. Ran out of SNPA, drinking Fire Rock Pale Ale from the Big Island.

Stefan

Dusty
11-12-2012, 03:35 AM
That's a suburb btw, not a knife retailer that shall not be named.

Eamon Burke
11-12-2012, 04:25 PM
2010 La Posta Cocina Blanco. Really nice. Right up my alley.

k.

I'm down.

DeepCSweede
11-12-2012, 05:18 PM
One glass each of Macallan 12 and Labiette VSOP Armagnac. Need something to ward off the chill here in Minnesota! I think it's colder on November 12 here than it got all winter in North Carolina last year.

Keep it stocked - it's been a warmer fall than usual.

l r harner
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
guinness (im a sucker for it ) oo its the stout

Bill Burke
11-12-2012, 10:20 PM
21 year old port wood

mhlee
11-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Hudson Manhattan Rye Whiskey on the rocks.

Salty dog
11-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Sprite. Got poisoned at lunch yesterday. Woah, woah. Glad it was short term.

SpikeC
11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Terminal Gravity Brewing "Festivale", a strong winter ale, a little heavy on the Cascade style hops, butt pretty good!

Vertigo
11-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Coffee from the shop, when I stopped in for breakfast. Thick as mud. Rookie must've brewed it. Blew my ******* **** off.

geezr
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
2003 Pichon Lalande - last night

mr drinky
11-13-2012, 07:11 PM
seriously, I have drunk way too much...I need to go to bed.

k.

apicius9
11-14-2012, 01:21 AM
Negra Modelo

Stefan

Carl
11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Lite, from Miller, as usual.

JBroida
11-16-2012, 12:48 AM
1995 Houge Carbernet

GlassEye
11-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Ketel One

JBroida
11-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout

brainsausage
11-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Founder's Breakfast Stout, Herradura Anejo back.

apicius9
11-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Lots. Spent the day in the shop and probably was a bit careless reg. using the dust mask, feels like I swallowed enough sawdust to warrant a stop at the beer shop on the way home. Most likely some Rogue will make it home with me.

Stefan

Zwiefel
11-17-2012, 12:13 AM
Piper Sonoma Sparkling Wine.

X2.

It's Friday beeotch! OK, it was a long grueling week....just glad to have a respite.

heldentenor
11-17-2012, 12:30 AM
I hear you on the Friday at the end of a long week--we've been conducting initial round hiring interviews for a new position in our department, so all of my prep time has been displaced into what used to be non-work hours. I really enjoyed the glass of Blanton's with just a drop or three of water that I just finished.

ecchef
11-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Heading to the liquor store today. Outta scotch. :(

AFKitchenknivesguy
11-18-2012, 01:36 AM
I am super excited, just bought a case of Old Jubilation Ale by Avery Brewing Company. This stuff only comes out once a year and usually goes pretty fast. It tastes wonderful, has 8.3%ABV, and is cellarable for up to 3 years. I highly recommend.

Notaskinnychef
11-19-2012, 09:19 PM
Hermannator, by Vancouver Island Brewery, out once a year for a few weeks:

Brewed in limited batches each year, Hermannator Ice Bock was first introduced by Hermann, one of our original Brewmasters, during the holiday as a unique gift to his closest friends and customers. Crafted at 9.5% abv, using a signature blend of chocolate and caramel malts, this German Eisbock is slowly cold aged in our cellar for over 3 months.

And, Ugly Sweater Milk Stout, made by Parallel 49, awesome but smooth dark beer.

Eamon Burke
11-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Zd cabernet 08. Vanilla, oak, smooth and warm. Really tasty.

mhenry
11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Just finished a Hebrew 16th anniv. It was soooo good, I want another but at 16% maybe I shouldn't

geezr
11-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Okunomatsu Ginjo G2

quantumcloud509
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Hales Ales "el Hefe"

apicius9
11-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Had some Orangina last night, a nice treat which brings back fond memories of traveling in France during my younger and wilder years :) Put some bubbly in the fridge for tonight, Charles de Fere, Cuvee Jean-Louis Blanc de Blanc. Very affordable, the store was out of Gruet and told me I should try this instead. We'll see...

Stefan

markk
11-21-2012, 03:31 PM
dogfish head Burton Baton

Jmadams13
11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
dogfish head Burton Baton

That was my choice last night, followed by a 120 to end the evening, lol

mr drinky
11-21-2012, 05:46 PM
2006 Edouard Chateau Rollat Walla Walla Valley.

k.

tk59
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Conn Valley Vineyards 2004 Napa Reserve cab: Still young and a little rough around the edges. The flavor wasn't really what I expect out of a California cab but I enjoyed it.

SpikeC
11-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Lagunitas Brown Sugga, finally!!!

Zwiefel
11-21-2012, 08:40 PM
8-bit Pale Ale...very respectable, light, hoppy ale.

mr drinky
11-22-2012, 12:22 AM
2009 Tero Estates (http://www.teroestates.com/index.php) Cabernet Franc, Walla Walla Valley. It is super tasty. I think this is only the third year of wine production for this winery.

k.

EdipisReks
11-22-2012, 12:27 AM
whisky sour, heavy on the Highland Park 12 and the egg white.

Crothcipt
11-22-2012, 12:31 AM
The liqueur store closed early for the holiday. So I walked to the nations worst strip club and asked if they had any wine. Beringer White Merlot is what I chose. Hope it's worth the 7.75.

JohnnyChance
11-22-2012, 12:44 AM
The liqueur store closed early for the holiday. So I walked to the nations worst strip club and asked if they had any wine. Beringer White Merlot is what I chose. Hope it's worth the 7.75.

Did they win a national award is or is this just a personal designation?

$7.75...plus cover...plus 2 drink minimum.

Crothcipt
11-22-2012, 01:07 AM
lol I think I heard that they were voted that some were. No cover, they have a package store next to the "stage area". If you drive up at the right time you can see what stripper is performing.

Btw it's not the worst wine I have drank either.

Chuckles
11-22-2012, 05:27 AM
New Belgium Shift Lager. Need two dishes to pair in a week. I think it tastes like grapefruit. How about an aquafresh foam with scallops?

OnTheRoad
11-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Newcastle Brown Ale, quite a bit of it. Thank god for late nights in the kitchen.

apicius9
11-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Had some fresh baked country bread with truffled liver pate - that called for a 2006 Robert Weil Riesling Auslese. Not the greatest year but drinks very nicely right now.

Stefan

tk59
11-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Ch. Suduiraut '97. I don't drink dessert wines often but when I do...

mr drinky
11-23-2012, 12:29 AM
2010 Va Piano Syrah.

k.

mr drinky
11-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm sitting in a Guatemalan hotel (watching the Packer game) drinking a Gallo Cerveza.

k.

AFKitchenknivesguy
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM

Great post. I imagine the girls look like the beast in your avatar.

mr drinky
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
strip club white merlot...classic.

k.

Johnny.B.Good
11-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Full Sail Amber Ale.

I'm sitting in a Guatemalan hotel (watching the Packer game) drinking a Gallo Cerveza.

You sure get around, Mr. Drinky!

apicius9
11-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Full Sail Amber Ale.

You sure get around, Mr. Drinky!

+1

Drinking Whispering Angel, a French Rose. Was recommended to me when they had no Tavel. Don't believe it! Very mediocre wine.

Stefan

Miles
11-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Popped open a bottle of Cameron Hughes Zin left over from Thanksgiving and raising a glass to KCMA.

mhlee
11-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Gentleman Jack and Johnnie Walker Black. To KC. Even though that dude could barely drink!

heldentenor
11-28-2012, 10:03 PM
A sazerac, made with Michter's US 1 rye.

GlassEye
11-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Working on Thanksgiving gets me this:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/glasseye72/Food/5327D1D4-2639-4EE1-9DC9-6FC70C516146-5336-000009A4BCD93DE3.jpg

Zwiefel
11-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Nobilo Marlboro Sauvignon Blanc. I love me some NZ SB!

markenki
11-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Damilano Marghe Nebbiolo D'Alba 2009.

mhlee
11-29-2012, 12:26 AM
A sazerac, made with Michter's US 1 rye.

A Sazerac, made with Jefferson rye and an Old Fashioned made with Fighting C*ck at Seven Grand.

geezr
11-29-2012, 12:27 AM
G. Raphet, Charmes-Chambertin 2003 grand cru.
decanted 1 hour :2thumbsup:

Crothcipt
11-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Did they win a national award is or is this just a personal designation?

$7.75...plus cover...plus 2 drink minimum.

I asked the person I heard this from. He said it was on a Letterman top 10.

mhlee
11-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Perfect Manhattan with Rittenhouse.

jmforge
11-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Weihenstephaner Original yellow beer.:D Staring lustfully at my last 750ml bottle of Gembloux Abbey ale, but it is late.

brainsausage
11-29-2012, 02:00 AM
Too much local brews, and Herradura Anejo. Again!

brainsausage
11-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Working on Thanksgiving gets me this:
http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/glasseye72/Food/5327D1D4-2639-4EE1-9DC9-6FC70C516146-5336-000009A4BCD93DE3.jpg

Looks like a win to me...

apicius9
11-29-2012, 02:04 AM
Kiralyudvar Tokaji sec 2005. Had one a while ago that was very nice but this one is clearly over the hill, too oxidized to be enjoyable. Will switch to water.

Stefan

brainsausage
11-29-2012, 02:10 AM

k.

Are you a 'Company Man' Karring? Should I even be asking that? Why is there a well dressed man outside my window suddenly..?

brainsausage
11-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Kiralyudvar Tokaji sec 2005. Had one a while ago that was very nice but this one is clearly over the hill, too oxidized to be enjoyable. Will switch to water.

Stefan

That's unfortunate. Man, I haven't had a decent Tokai in probably 7-8 years.

quantumcloud509
11-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Dry Fly Vodka

quantumcloud509
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
That's unfortunate. Man, I haven't had a decent Tokai in probably 7-8 years.

My wife and I watched a movie about Tokaij when we were still dating where the guy drinks his Tokaij and remembers his previous life as a dog, and have been wanting to try a good one ever since.

mr drinky
11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I love Tokaj. And in my past life (before I started monitoring brainsausage's every move), I used to go to Hungary quite a bit and would often bring back a nice bottle of Tokaj (among other bottles) -- but boy were they expensive even in country. Since then, I have never been that impressed with the Tokaj offerings in the US though. To this day, Tiffan's Grande Selection red blend was one of the best bottles I have ever had. Malatinszky is also a good producer.

k.

apicius9
11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I had a few sweet Tokajis but don't remember the producers :( In any case, they can be beautiful, almost as good as a German TBA ;) That said, the bottle that had turned on me was a light, dry Tokaji which makes a beautiful aperitif or companion to fish dishes. From 2005 it was clearly over the hill, that's something to be drunk in the first few years. The sweet ones should keep forever. Well, almost.

Stefan

mr drinky
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Now I am drinking 2009 Efeste Emmy GSM.

k.

Johnny.B.Good
11-30-2012, 10:43 PM
2010 Courtney Behnham Cabernet Sauvignon.

apicius9
11-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Wild Turkey 101, but not much, gotta get up early in the morning...

Stefan

mr drinky
11-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Wild Turkey 101, but not much, gotta get up early in the morning...

Stefan

Sure. I've heard it before...'not much' and I'm going to bed...

k.

Chuckles
12-01-2012, 01:07 AM
PBR and plenty of them. But fantasizing about everyone's nice reds the whole time.

mr drinky
12-02-2012, 11:18 PM
2010 Loring Wine Company (http://www.loringwinecompany.com/wines_pinot_noir.php) Durell Vineyard Pinot Noir.

k.

apicius9
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
I would love to drink something, anything really, but I have been sitting on the dang runway for 90 minutes and now we returned to the gate. Will miss my connection and I am really thirsty. And then they complain about unfriendly passengers...

Stefan

Crothcipt
12-03-2012, 12:03 AM
hard cider my neighbor made. wasn't bad after I filtered it through a clean sock.

EdipisReks
12-03-2012, 01:52 AM
just some Chivas 12. at my local for $23 a bottle, it's hard to argue with. in a 10 year old Glencairn. the new Glencairns suck.

dmccurtis
12-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Muskoka Brewery Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout.

jmforge
12-03-2012, 01:56 AM
Palm Special. I have been REALLY impressed with this St. Bernardus ABT12, but one cannot afford to be impressed like that too often at $18 for a 4 pack of 11.2 ounce bottles.:bigeek:

JohnnyChance
12-03-2012, 02:47 AM
local moonshine + butternut squash juice + fig & ginger syrup + tiki bitters + egg white + nutmeg, cocktail.

quantumcloud509
12-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Washington Natural apple juice. Killed 64 fl. oz. while watching Expandables 2.

mr drinky
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
2009 Saviah Cellars Une Vallée (http://www.saviahcellars.com/fileadmin/templates/01/files/notes/2009/2009_Une_Vallee_-_Tech_Notes_01.pdf) red blend.

k.

apicius9
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Yards IPA. When in Philly,...

stefan

tk59
12-06-2012, 11:13 PM
@the tokaji people: I've also enjoyed them although it's been about a decade since I had one that I REALLY enjoyed. I agree the nice ones are few and far between around here.

2004 Turnbull Napa Cabernet surprisingly structured for a Turnbull. One of my favorites this year.
2001 Carmenet Copa de Oro Edna Valley Semillon: lovely wine considering it costed $3. Best deal in my lifetime.

jmforge
12-06-2012, 11:41 PM
Back to Weihenstaphaner lager.

AFKitchenknivesguy
12-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Yards IPA. When in Philly,...

stefan

You in Philly?

apicius9
12-07-2012, 04:38 AM
You in Philly?

Job interview. Very slim chances, but they flew me in, so I gave it a shot.

Stefan

ecchef
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Best of luck with that Stefan. I just applied for a job in Philly too.

scotchef38
12-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Grey goose and Iron brew with lots of ice.

jmforge
12-07-2012, 09:49 PM
Getting ready to try my first Trappiste Rochefort 10 that I found at Whole Foods her in Dallas. $6.29 for 11.2 ounces. This had BETTER be good!!! Lol

jmforge
12-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm. Good, but not sure if it is better than St. Bernardus at almost $2 less per 33cl bottle.

Zwiefel
12-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Arrogant Bastard Ale....You're not Worthy. X2. Recently discovered this and have become fond of it.

mr drinky
12-08-2012, 12:18 AM
2010 Le Mont Domaine Huet Vouvray.

k.

JohnnyChance
12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Harviestoun Old Engine Oil Engineer’s Reserve on draft.

chinacats
12-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Sierra Nevada Estate Ale
:happymug:

apicius9
12-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Mmmhh, wondering whether my 97 Huet Le Mont is still alive... Will check out when I get back.

Victoria Hopdevil tonight. Some nice local microbrews in Philly these days.

Stefan

mr drinky
12-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Mmmhh, wondering whether my 97 Huet Le Mont is still alive... Will check out when I get back.

I think they drink well up to 15 years, so you are right around the peak. I would drink it soon though. Just FYI, Huet winemaker Noel Pinguet is done, so 2011 is the last year of getting his wines. Of course Huet will go on with a different winemaker.

k.

mr drinky
12-09-2012, 01:22 AM
2011 Pinot Noir A.P. Vin Rancho Ontiveros Vineyard.

Btw, I had to laugh as I paged up in this thread. It looks as if about five or so of us are drinking for the team ;)

k.

Von blewitt
12-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Thomas Cooper's selection celebration ale. 150th anniversary of a family owned brewery. Very nice!

jmforge
12-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Back to St. Bernardus Abt 12, this time in the 750 ml bottle. Good stuff! If this stuff is the lesser alternative to Westy 12, I am going to have some of my Belgian friends pay a visit to the monastery before my next visit. :hungry:

brainsausage
12-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Maine Beer Co. 'Spring Peeper'. And as always- Herradura Anejo.

mr drinky
12-16-2012, 01:28 AM
Rotie Cellars 2010 Homage (http://rotiecellars.com/wines/2010-homage).

k.

Mike9
12-16-2012, 01:44 AM
A nice Malbec tonight and I bought a great local Cab Fanc to go with the standing rib I'm making on Christmas. Hell for $4.99/lb I can't NOT make standing rib - LOL Besides I need something to use this Dexter on -

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc489/mikel9nine/GEDC0644.jpg

apicius9
12-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I think they drink well up to 15 years, so you are right around the peak. I would drink it soon though. Just FYI, Huet winemaker Noel Pinguet is done, so 2011 is the last year of getting his wines. Of course Huet will go on with a different winemaker.

k.

Thanks K., I didn't know about the change of the wine maker. Gotta drink it soon, then. With the holidays coming up, there should be occasion.

Waiting for a forgotten Luzon 2004 from Jumilla to warm up a bit from the wine fridge temp. A bit old but at 14.5% and as robust as I remember it, I hope it will still be fine. - Just had a few sips, it's actually better than I remember it :)

Stefan

jmforge
12-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Last night, actually. Westmalle tripel and Hofbrau dunkels.

bikehunter
12-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Umm...does it reflect anything special about this forum that this thread has over 1400 replies?? LOL

mr drinky
12-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I think a good and proper reflection of this forum would have it more at 5,000 ;)

k.

jmforge
12-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Slackers!!!
I think a good and proper reflection of this forum would have it more at 5,000 ;)

k.

Crothcipt
12-16-2012, 06:30 PM
1400 in just over a year. That seems low. Now if it was 5k or over that would say more.

mhenry
12-16-2012, 06:50 PM
I am doing a Double/Lucky Bastard side by side

chinacats
12-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Torpedo ala Sierra Nevada!

sachem allison
12-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Homemade hooch

jmforge
12-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Drinking Orval, eating cheap azz Alouette garlic and herb cheese by-product spread on Club crackers and watching Rachel McAdams show a little of her rather nice booty on Netflix. Life is good, I tell you!:biggrin:

jmforge
12-18-2012, 12:21 AM
So whatcha brewin in the back stoop of your semi-fashionable walk up, my friend? :hungry:
Homemade hooch

sachem allison
12-18-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm working on getting my liquor brand up and running. Talking to investors now and am in the process of copy righting and trademarking recipes and logos on my Chili pepper brandy

sachem allison
12-18-2012, 12:28 AM
So whatcha brewin in the back stoop of your semi-fashionable walk up, my friend? :hungry:

I live in Jamaica, nothing fashionable in this neighborhood.

jmforge
12-18-2012, 12:35 AM
It's Jamaica, mon!!!! Oh wait.......you mean Queens. Nevermind. :lol2:
I live in Jamaica, nothing fashionable in this neighborhood.

heldentenor
12-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Keep us posted--I'll take half a case as soon as it's available.

I'm working on getting my liquor brand up and running. Talking to investors now and am in the process of copy righting and trademarking recipes and logos on my Chili pepper brandy

sachem allison
12-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Mano and Marko have tried it and I think they are fans.

apicius9
12-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Embruix de Vall Llach 2002, nice wine from the Priorat in Spain. Needs to warm a touch more but seems as good as I remember it. My last bottle.

Stefan

ecchef
12-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Maker's Mark. It's free.

jmforge
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Free is oft times good, but free AND good is mo' betta!!!!!:biggrin:
Maker's Mark. It's free.

mr drinky
12-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Embruix de Vall Llach 2002, nice wine from the Priorat in Spain.

I need some Priorat surging through my veins right now too.

k.

l r harner
12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
weyerbocher old heathen
yum

SpikeC
12-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Terminal Gravity "Festivale" followed by Lagunitas "Brown Shugga". Beer is good!

brainsausage
12-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Founder's Breakfast Stout

apicius9
12-19-2012, 01:01 AM
1999 Schweikart Godramsteiner Muenzberg Gewuerztraminer Eiswein - say that fast three times. Liquid gold, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Should have some ripe Alsatian Muenster cheese with it but there isn't any within at least 5,000 miles...

Stefan

jmforge
12-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Back to Palm tonight. Laying off he uber pricey beer for a day.:biggrin:

mr drinky
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
1999 Schweikart Godramsteiner Muenzberg Gewuerztraminer Eiswein - say that fast three times. Liquid gold, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Should have some ripe Alsatian Muenster cheese with it but there isn't any within at least 5,000 miles...

Stefan

Stefan,

Your drinking choices/patterns as of late are one that suggest you might be moving and don't want to travel with a bunch of wine you have been saving. Just seems like it to me. You should have seen the wines I started downing before I got divorced from wife v.1. That was some good stuff.

k.

jmforge
12-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Gulden Draak. A bit different than the quads and quite nice. 10.5% alcohol but no real "bite". I don't do ratings couldn't tell you what kind of fruit I taste, etc, but the first thing that popped into my head was that it tasted a bit like what you might expect a dark version Duvel to taste in that it has that kind of bright, slightly dry brut champagne like note to it..

apicius9
12-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Stefan,

Your drinking choices/patterns as of late are one that suggest you might be moving and don't want to travel with a bunch of wine you have been saving. Just seems like it to me. You should have seen the wines I started downing before I got divorced from wife v.1. That was some good stuff.

k.

Sounds like what I did before I left Germany :) Part of it is to reduce the stash a bit and regroup (only a 50 bottle fridge at this point, anyway), I will move again in 2 weeks but only within town. But to be honest, part is also that I had a few people around me die this year, and I decided that rather than waiting for a special day I might as well make a day special by opening a good bottle, who knows what will be in a week or two...

No wine tonight, but looking forward to a couple of bottles of Dead Guy Ale while packing boxes again. Good thing I still hadn't unpacked all of them from the last move...

Stefan

mr drinky
12-19-2012, 11:36 PM
I haven't drunk in three days, and I won't have time tomorrow either. What's a man to do?

k.

jmforge
12-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Drink 4 times as much on Friday?:lol2:
I haven't drunk in three days, and I won't have time tomorrow either. What's a man to do?

k.

jmforge
12-19-2012, 11:46 PM
I had my first Chimay blond. I have found a second Belgian strong golden ale/tripel that I really like along with Duvel. Some of the others, not so much. The Westmalle tripel was okay IMO, but I really didn't like the Leffe blond that much, especially compared to their brown. With that said, I think that I agree with some of the reviewers when they say that Duvel is in a class by itself when it comes to thermonuclear yellow beer from Belgium.:lol2:

jmforge
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Trappistes Rochefort 10. Yeah, I am going to con some of my friends in Belgium and northern France into going by the Abbey of St. Sixtus and picking up some Westvleteren 12 before my next trip over there,

SpikeC
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Squatters Hop Rising, a double IPA, surprisingly well balanced with a nice malty body.

geezr
12-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Azithromycin and lots of water :angry2:

PierreRodrigue
12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Kokanee Gold amber lager, while hand finishing, and etching...

jmforge
12-20-2012, 10:32 PM
I just proposed a deal to my buddy in Lille. I told him to call the Saint Sixtus abbey every two motnhs between now and the next Gembloux knife show and order a case of Westvleteren 12........and have his wife call too!!!! If he can do it, we gonna have us a best beer in the whole wide world PAR-TAY come next November!!!!:lol2:

brainsausage
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Laphroig with a splash of h2o, and Maine Brewing Company 'Peeper'

jmforge
12-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Switched over to Weihenstphaner Korbinian. Very Germanic compared to the Belgium darks I have been drinking of late. No extra sugar to be fond here.

apicius9
12-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Drinking a malt beverage tonight. Ommegang Seduction, a 'Belgian Style Porter'. Not bad, I am usually very conservative when it comes to adding stuff to beer (raspberries?.. Paleeeeese!), but this is anther one where, of all things, a little chocolate works well. Never would have thought that.

Stefan

Mingooch
12-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Anyone outthere lucky enough to get some of that small batch of Westvleteren 12 that made it to the USA? They didnt sell it in NJ, god I want some of that.

The Edge
12-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Drinking Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre, and after that will have a Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA.

jmforge
12-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Not for $85 a 4 pack. I don't care how good it is.....now at 40 Euros a case, which is still pretty freakin' pricey for Belgium, i will try to sneak a 6 pack back in the country after I drink the other 18 bottles over there. :biggrin:
Anyone outthere lucky enough to get some of that small batch of Westvleteren 12 that made it to the USA? They didnt sell it in NJ, god I want some of that.

Mingooch
12-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I would gladly pay that to try it, plus the glasses with it were nice too. Does anyone on here live in Belgium? If so, would u be willing to get and ship a case? I would gladly pay for it. Love a good beer

jmforge
12-21-2012, 06:45 PM
You can only get one case or 24 .33l bottles per car license plate and phone number every two months and you pick up your case at the gates of the monastery. The sometimes have some at a higher price at the gift shop next door, but it goes quickly. You used to be able to get 10 every two months, but that was before all of the beer mags and webstires started writing about it. The monks are just that....monks. They have no interesting in making more money. The only reason that they made this extra batch was because they needed to pay for some major renovation at the monastery including a new roof from what I read. I guess that is a really long winded way of saying that you would have to have a REALLY good Belgian friend who doesn't drink beer, which i do. Plus, i always bring him stuf from the US that he would nromally pay 2-3 times as much for, so he owes me.:lol2:
I would gladly pay that to try it, plus the glasses with it were nice too. Does anyone on here live in Belgium? If so, would u be willing to get and ship a case? I would gladly pay for it. Love a good beer

dmccurtis
12-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Nøgne Ø Underlig Jul.

jmforge
12-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Trappiste Rochefort 8....they were out of 10.:biggrin: it's pretty good. I know it has other more subtle flavors, but this stuff fits the "liquid bread" desription to a T.....and good bread too.:doublethumbsup:

jmforge
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Gulden Drak

stereo.pete
12-27-2012, 11:48 PM
I am enjoying an Illusione "68" with a few drams of Crown Royal...

quantumcloud509
12-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Cinna-mint tea with 20mg of valerian root extract.

scotchef38
12-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Crabbies ginger beer topped with some in-law irritation.

playford
12-28-2012, 07:01 AM
Last night was a grolsch, two sam adams and a swift buffalo trace.

first neat bourbon for me, interesting one, oddly similar to a lot of the aged rums I drink with that fruit/sweet/smoke taste.

Almost like a mixture between a rum and scotch.

mr drinky
12-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Crabbies ginger beer topped with some in-law irritation.

'tis the season for in-law irritation. 80+ proof 'medication' does seem to relieve some of the symptoms.

k.

mr drinky
12-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Free airport-lounge white wine, but I bought a split of Duckhorn merlot for my layover in Atlanta.

k.

The hekler
12-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Starting off the 4 day weekend right dram of Laphroaig, Glenlivet Nádurra, and finishing off with some Aberlour A'bunadh.

Eric
12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Macallan 12 yr.

jmforge
12-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I think that I will go with the Rochefort 8

jmforge
12-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Actually went with Fullers ESB for a little change of pace.

Jmadams13
12-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Our bistro/brewpub just started carrying Allegro wines. Drinking a Trio. A blend of three pa Merlots. Very nice and smooth. Just dry enough

quantumcloud509
12-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Brewed valerian root and melatonin with a touch of local honey from my uncle.

scotchef38
12-29-2012, 03:03 AM
'tis the season for in-law irritation. 80+ proof 'medication' does seem to relieve some of the symptoms.

k.
Only supposed to be here a week ,now on day 9.Absinthe could be the key.

Jmadams13
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
^ a little bit of Booker Noe was my "relive"

JohnnyChance
12-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Jefferson's Reserve Very Old Very Small Batch and Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout on draft.