PDA

View Full Version : Aloha kakou!

apicius9
02-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,

nice to see you all here. Thanks to Dave for providing this space for discussions and exchange - and for letting me have my first ever subforum :D

I will try to use this space to occasionally show some of the handles I am making, to answer any questions you may have, and whatever else I can think of as we go along. Please feel free to ask anything you want to know, I will check in here as often as time permits. If you want to look at what I do in the meantime, you can check out my website at www.japanesehandles.com .

I look forward to sharing ideas and experiences with everyone here,
Aloha,

Stefan

Jim
02-28-2011, 05:19 PM
It is wonderful to have you here Stefan!

Pensacola Tiger
02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Stefan,

Good to see you here.

I'm looking forward to seeing what one of your "budget" handles looks like on a Carter I sent Dave. It's the small one of the seven you initially sent him.

I hate to use that word, "budget" to describe any of your work. Maybe "Off the shelf"?

Rick

apicius9
02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for being brave enough to pick one of them up, Rick ;) I like off-the-shelf also better. In the end, they are really not much different from my regular ones, only cheaper because I made them as a special run with limited woods. I still have 25 more to finish... I thought I would be done by now, but then I had a friend come out here for a week and instead of woodworking I spent my time drinking cocktails, driving around the island with the top down, and eating at Morimoto's new place :D

Stefan

ThEoRy
02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I spent my time drinking cocktails, driving around the island with the top down, and eating at Morimoto's new place :D

Stefan

Awh man, I hate it when that happens! :D

ecchef
02-28-2011, 05:51 PM
You're spending waaaaay too much time enjoying life these days Stefan.

Now get back to work! :p

apicius9
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
You're spending waaaaay too much time enjoying life these days Stefan.

Now get back to work! :p

That's what the other Dave also tells me :D BTW, I like your signature. I hesitantly admit that this is one of my favorite movies :o

Stefan

Dave Martell
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome aboard Stefan!

Now get back to work on those handles. :P

The BoardSMITH
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi Doc. I'm tickled to have a sub-forum along side of you. Maybe one day I can afford one of your handles but first I need another knife.

Dave Martell
02-28-2011, 09:37 PM
It's great having both of you guys here like this, I'm happy. :)

JohnnyChance
03-01-2011, 12:16 AM
Hi Doc. I'm tickled to have a sub-forum along side of you. Maybe one day I can afford one of your handles but first I need another knife.

Maybe you can guys can do some bartering.

apicius9
03-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Maybe you can guys can do some bartering.

That's a good idea, I was thinking about a custom knife block anyway.... :)

JohnnyChance
03-01-2011, 03:08 AM
That's a good idea, I was thinking about a custom knife block anyway.... :)

See! There ya go. Now I am going to require a finder's fee of a board and handle for setting up this deal...:p

obtuse
03-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Aloha! I love your work. I'm glad to see you here.