PDA

View Full Version : The Power of human mind!

oivind_dahle
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I cluod not blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch sudty at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thgouht slpeling was ipmorantt.

zitangy
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
did you take lnog to tpye scuh a lnog txet? i hvae a haedchae now...
hv a nice week end..

Michael Rader
09-30-2011, 03:13 PM
wft? ha ha

-M

jm2hill
09-30-2011, 05:23 PM
"Anidroccg to crad–cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr."

Good luck :)

oivind_dahle
09-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Nice jm2hill

I got you interested in how the brain works. You and others interested should read this:
http://www.cs.sunysb.edu/~mueller/teaching/its102/intro.pdf

Fun reading, and just takes a minute!

echerub
09-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Hehehe... looks like we need a few more cues than just the terminal characters to read scrambled words quickly :) Cool...

Delbert Ealy
10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
That was kind of funny, I read the initial post only slightly slower than normal. On the other hand I gave up on jm2hills post after seeing this lcitsiugnis which is the fifth word.
Del

heirkb
10-03-2011, 06:47 PM
I guess other people have figured it out already, but that study was actually contested.

JohnnyChance
10-03-2011, 07:02 PM
"Anidroccg to crad–cniyrrag lcitsiugnis planoissefors at an uemannd utisreviny in Bsitirh Cibmuloa, and crartnoy to the duoibus cmials of the ueticnd rcraeseh, a slpmie, macinahcel ioisrevnn of ianretnl cretcarahs araepps sneiciffut to csufnoe the eadyrevy oekoolnr."

"According to card-carrying linguistics professionals at an unnamed university in British Columbia, and contrary to the dubious claims of the uncited research, a simple, mechanical inversion of internal characters appears sufficient to confuse the everyday onlooker."

SpikeC
10-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Mental masturbation.