PDA

View Full Version : Permissions

Peco
10-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I can't post in the buy/sell forum because I don't have permission???

Dave Martell
10-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Here's the Rules for the B/S/T forum (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?31-B-S-T-guidelines-WANT-TO-USE-THIS-FORUM)

Peco
10-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I just saw Dave ;)

Peco
10-02-2011, 01:04 PM
PS. I find it rather strange that a supporting member can't post in the forum before reaching 50 posts! 50 posts is a lot unless you ask tons of stupid questions with no real purpose (if you are a newbie like me).

tk59
10-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't worry, P. You're getting close already. Post in Jon's "what are you drinking" thread. You'll be there in a couple weeks if you have two drinks a day. ;) Or you can get drunk and respond to your own thread several times. :O

Peco
10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
tk ... that's exactly my point :D Still I don't like the idea of supporting something and then find out that there are limited permissions - simply not right in my book!

Dave Martell
10-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Peco,
The idea of the rules for the B/S/T forum is to protect the membership from new people coming in and offering knives for sale to which some may not be legitimately represented. If someone sticks around long enough to get the required post count then it's more likely that this person has become part of the community and will list and sell their knives responsibly.

The supporting membership purchase is made to support the forums and to gain access to additional services. It's not meant to buy credibility within the community.

I hope this serves to clarify the subject a bit more.

Dave

Peco
10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Dave, I understand your point! Still 50 crappy posts won't make me more reliable than as a supporting member - in my book. To bad I can't post a buying thread which would benefit some members more than it would hurt. Anyways, that's the rules I guess we all have to live by ;)

SpikeC
10-02-2011, 02:37 PM
It really isn't all that hard to come up with something relevant. Are you curious about some aspect of kitchen knives? Do you have any information that might be helpful to someone? Do you cook?

kalaeb
10-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Gotta say I fully support the 50 post count and minimum longevity requirement. It keeps us from being pestered by every craigslist selling yahoo. Peco, I can't wait to see what you have to offer, have no fear, we will all still be here when you are able to sell.

Peco
10-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't have anything to offer - I want to buy!

jm2hill
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM

Everyone is allowed to buy! you should be able to

Quote: Eligibility to post a sale or trade- Members must have a minimum of 30 days and 50 posts to use this forum for sales and trades- everyone is welcome to purchase.

mr drinky
10-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Can't you just PM the person about the knife?

k.

Peco
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Well yes I could if I saw I knife I wanted (not what I seek by the way). Case is that I needed to create a WTB post which was impossible - solution = I will buy new instead ...

SpikeC
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Or you can just post a wtb in the kitchen knife forum?

mr drinky
10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
Well yes I could if I saw I knife I wanted (not what I seek by the way). Case is that I needed to create a WTB post which was impossible - solution = I will buy new instead ...

Sorry, I didn't quite understand the situation. Yeah, it is probably best to just to post it to the regular board and explain it a bit. And by the way, after all of my posting, I still make crappy posts.

k.

SpikeC
10-02-2011, 07:12 PM

What are you looking to buy?
(If you respond you will be up to 31 posts!)

add
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
What are you looking to buy?
(If you respond you will be up to 31 posts!)

And if he makes separate posts for each individual knife he is interested in purchasing; post count oughta skyrocket!

See... ya can fight the system and stick it to da man.

:happy2:

Peco
10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
He he, well my knife is in da house, waiting with patience for a custom order from Marko, so no that would not be the case :) Have to admit that I wrote one guy a PM about another knife though ... and I feel like a cheat :D

Peco
10-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Everyone is allowed to buy! you should be able to

Quote: Eligibility to post a sale or trade- Members must have a minimum of 30 days and 50 posts to use this forum for sales and trades- everyone is welcome to purchase.

Well if you can't create a post - then how do one ask to buy stuff of interest? Anyways, as mentioned I just bought new instead so there's really no issue anymore ...

echerub
10-03-2011, 09:54 AM
And when the new knife comes in you can post about it (with some pics! ;) ), there will be some back-and-forth conversation, and bam! you'll hit 50 posts in no time. This new knife won't be your last anyhow ;)