PDA

View Full Version : I'm kind of nosy, so could we.....

Burl Source
10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
It probably sounds better if I said I am curious.

My request I was hoping you might consider is;
On some forums you can look at the bottom of the page with a thread and see who is lurking there (reading the thread but not posting).

I am always curious who is reading the same stuff that I am.
Currently I can see who is online with the forum with the main page but not in the individual threads.

Am I being too nosy?
Don't worry about saying that I am, I've been called worse. Of course they were wrong and their name calling was totally unjustified those rat ba....ds!

Dave Martell
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Well since I'm not one that likes to be spied on (ahem - I mean curiously tracked) I'm sort of not for this. :D

JohnnyChance
10-03-2011, 01:05 PM
If you look at the list of users currently online (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/online.php?), it shows what thread they are currently viewing.

echerub
10-03-2011, 01:26 PM
I open multiple threads in multiple browser panes at once... so in a sense, I'd be hidden except for the last thread that I open :)

l r harner
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
i too kind of like to see who is lurking on mu stuff but sure i can understand not wanting to do it

Eamon Burke
10-04-2011, 11:22 PM
I like having it without this feature. You can still see what people are looking at.

Andrew H
10-05-2011, 12:19 AM
I like having it without this feature. You can still see what people are looking at.

In a round about way, I would like seeing who is looking at each thread while I'm on it. Not a big thing for me though.

chazmtb
10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Well since I'm not one that likes to be spied on (ahem - I mean curiously tracked) I'm sort of not for this. :D

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::wink:

tk59
10-05-2011, 09:18 PM
This would be interesting if we had it the other way around, too. With a "Who is spying on me?" feature, lol. You ARE a wierd wood pusher. :) Hey Dave, you could charge for use of the feature as long as we do get to see who's been spying on us. Anyway, if you don't want to be spied on, you can always just NOT sign in, right?

Burl Source
10-10-2011, 11:19 PM
For those that prefer a bit of stealth.....I mean privacy, there is a setting similar to this that can be activated with the vbulletin forums.

Invisible Mode:

* Invisible Mode on
* Invisible Mode off

Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.