PDA

View Full Version : Misono Swedish steel parer

bieniek
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Basically, simple question, i want to get myself decent parer.

What would you propose? Is the misono allright, or could I get better for that price?
I can propably go with any shape and steel if its not banana shaped blade and doesnt cost 300 per inch.

Thanks

stevenStefano
10-08-2011, 05:54 PM
I've been on the lookout for a decent parer for ages so this thread interests me. The Hattori FH one looks awesome but is a little pricey. Anyone ever use these Eden Quality knives? (http://www.edenwebshops.co.uk/en/pt/-eden-quality-classic-damast-paring-knife-9-cm.htm) Seems like a good deal for VG10. I think I'll give one of these a shot. The Misono prices went up, but the parer ain't so pricey so it might be worth getting

tk59
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM
If I had to get an inexpensive parer today, I would get a CarboNEXT.

bieniek
10-09-2011, 03:46 AM
Thanks TK, it was very helpful.:D I cannot see any peeler on offer from CN... But I guess its misunderstanding and mixing parer with petty - just like Koki did when I asked him. It aint the same and the shape is completely different I would like to peel with petite.

Stefano, I wouldnt loose 20 quid for Eden, its almost 40 bucks and if you add another 40, theres a knife looking like its going to last...

Anyway I cannot have the heel like it is on Eden, the handle must be smaller than on chefs knife - so not like on Kasumi, but bigger than on Global, so the grip is comfortable under water.

Seb
10-09-2011, 04:17 AM
Dojo?

Robert Herder Windmuehlenmesser?

bieniek
10-09-2011, 04:22 AM
No 134 in Misono Swedish steel on JCK.

That kinda shape. What is Dojo?

Seb
10-09-2011, 05:02 AM
Dojo is a very thin, very hard, cladded blade with AS core. They are sold by EE and Cktg.

Cipcich
10-09-2011, 06:08 AM
I bought one of these from CKTG. Seemed appealing, but was very unevenly ground. I have a high tolerance for such things, especially when they otherwise meet my expectations, but it was still annoying.

bieniek
10-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Thanks a Lot! Do you think it would make it impossible to use it after a while? How was the possible sharpness? The FF? Worth taking overall?