PDA

View Full Version : make deleted threads invisible

wenus2
03-09-2011, 05:46 PM
With the uptick in spam there are a lot of deleted threads around, do they need to be visible to users with the standard permission set?
I don't feel it serves much purpose, and it's distracting.
I like the idea of being able to see that a post was deleted within a thread. Mostly so we may follow the thread easier if things suddenly stop making sense after a post was deleted.

Jim
03-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up, you should not see them, we will sort that out.

Pensacola Tiger
03-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.

SpikeC
03-09-2011, 06:14 PM
You guys must be doing a pretty good job as I don't recall having seen any spam myself!

Jim
03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
You guys must be doing a pretty good job as I don't recall having seen any spam myself!

I'll just say thank you for that compliment!

SpikeC
03-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Yer welcome!

mr drinky
03-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.

That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.

Jim
03-09-2011, 07:01 PM
That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.

Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.

mr drinky
03-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.

I figured that and thought it was probably overkill, but I didn't know if a mod was online.

k.

Jim
03-09-2011, 07:09 PM
I figured that and thought it was probably overkill, but I didn't know if a mod was online.

k.

Thanks for looking out for the forum!

wenus2
03-10-2011, 09:32 AM
much better, thank you :)