PDA

View Full Version : Fall Food

Lucretia
11-07-2011, 06:54 PM
It's chilly, overcast and the trees are in their final display of fall glory. Perfect weather for stew! Nice shoulder roast, lots of wine, double-smoked bacon from the local butcher, more wine, lots of garlic, 7 secret herbs and spices, and miscellaneous vegs. A big glass of cabernet, buttermilk biscuits, mixed green salad & it's almost time for dinner.

It will look better when the peas go in, but they're a last minute addition.

http://i599.photobucket.com/albums/tt79/lucretia_02/Stew.jpg
This is a perfect time of year for big pots o' lots of food.

mr drinky
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Looks good. I love the fall/winter soup and stew season. Not only is it tasty, but I do a lot more chopping and use my knives more. Btw, I think you forgot wine in your recipe ;)

k.

bikehunter
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Looks delish, but it's not "Fall Food" to me. I cook one pot dishes all year. At any given time I might have a pot of chili, beef stew, clam chowder, some kinda pasta dish....maybe all four. I love leftovers and, being single, any one of these things becomes dinner in 5 to 10 minutes. Add some bread (hard crust, corn bread, biscuits, English muffins...plus butter)... and wine....I'm in business, with zero hassle.

Kyle
11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I have some chile verde going right now, inspired by my trip to Las Cruces, NM this weekend and made with fresh Hatch chilis. I'm starting to get really hungry!