PDA

View Full Version : Checking-In Fom California

Don Andrade
11-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Greetings, My name is Don Andrade and I am a knifemaker.

I did not see where I could reply to the note I got upon joining from Dave. My overlook in placing my website in the sig.-line...sorry about that.
I joined is because my mentor Tai Goo told me that my name was mentioned in a thread about chef knife makers.....but I was told that in no way can anyone promote their knives on this forum?
Is this correct?

I need some insight into this, and would like to know how I can possibly become a part of the forum in a meaningful way. I mean can I post images of knives I made? Is that promoting my knives?
Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks...I am excited about the idea of a forum all about chef knives:)

I was trained as a chef and worked in professional kitchens for many years. I currently make chef knives and was a sculptor for 20-years before I made my first knife.
I also currently teach whole foods cooking as preventative medicine with my wife.
I would give links to what I do if it were allowed....but I will just have to wait to find out what can be share and what can-not.

Happy to be here and looking forward to sharing more when I find out what is acceptable.

-DON:)

add
11-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Welcome!

For the uninitiated, Tai Goo is a VERY special custom knife maker, imho...

Dave Martell
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Don,
You can find your answers that you're looking for in your welcome email sent to you when you registered as well as HERE (http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?3539-Commercial-Advertising-Not-Allowed).

Welcome to KKF!

Dave

PS - You can respond/send to PM's after you make 2 posts, it's an anti-spam thing.

JohnnyChance
11-14-2011, 02:19 PM
Welcome Don! You have some nice looking stuff!

We have a lot of knifemakers here who are not vendors, so don't worry, you should easily be able to hang around here and still show what you are working on.