PDA

View Full Version : Damascus Key chains.

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 06:25 PM
I just finished the first batch of these. And got them posted on my web page. There on the knives for sale page. :)

Heres a few pics and a link if anyone is interested! http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/knives-for-sale/

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/KeyChainsTake1058.jpghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/KeyChainsTake1060.jpghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/KeyChainsTake1063.jpg

JBroida
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
i had a couple like this from japan from way back when, but these are just so cool... awesome job. I'm sure they'll sell like crazy (or at least i hope they do).

jm2hill
11-18-2011, 07:15 PM
absolutely love these!

DwarvenChef
11-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Good idea :) Now to wait for a gyuto in a pattern style I like :)

The hekler
11-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Had to pick up the straight grained dog tag they are just too cool. Just wondering how would the Damascus react to engraving? I'm wondering if I could get something engraved in there without anydamage to the pattern.

SpikeC
11-18-2011, 08:13 PM
As long as it's not heat treated it will engrave just fine.

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey, Thanks Spike..

heckler, Yea. It should engrave easy. or at least fairly easy. The damascus is not Heat Treated.. It may be work hardened.. in spots.

Thanks Guys for your interest in these! I think they will make cool Christmas gifts or shocking stuffers :) Plan on making some from the meteorite damascus soon.

Ill take shape suggestions and or requests. :D

The hekler
11-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Thanks HHH and spikec for the answers not sure if I wanna do anything to it but wanted to know if it's possible, I'll have to see it in person to decide anything.

For suggestions maybe a Jesus fish? I imagine they might be a little harder then the crosses but a great key chain shape, and of course captital letters for people's initials. I imagine you'd need to take requests for those but if you could manage I imagine they would sell quick.

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 10:06 PM
My pleasure. Yours will ship out in the morning. If you have it engraved, Please show us:)

jm2hill
11-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Never even thought of engraving it. Maybe I'll get someone to put my initials on the "tang". I think that would be too cool!
How tall is the tang?

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Good idea :) Now to wait for a gyuto in a pattern style I like :)

What pattern/style would you like to see? Im doing one more batch B4 I pull the plug on these for a while.

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Heckler. I think The Fish would be more then doable! Ill give it a try. :) Thanks for the input. That got me thinking about what else would make a cool Key chain.

STABILIZED BURL WOOD!?!?!?!
Mammoth and Walrus Ivory?!?!?

Andrew H
11-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Heckler. I think The Fish would be more then doable! Ill give it a try. :) Thanks for the input. That got me thinking about what else would make a cool Key chain.

STABILIZED BURL WOOD!?!?!?!
Mammoth and Walrus Ivory?!?!?
Uh-oh, I can see it now - keychainforums.com

The hekler
11-18-2011, 10:39 PM
They all sound like winners to me, another winner would be something with mokume, but I guess that's more Del's area of expertise. They seem to be a great way to play with some fun ideas and make neat looking trinkets with cool materials available to those who wouldn't be able to afford one of your knives. I look forward to seeing your next batch, if I'm still around when you attempt a Jesus fish id love the opportunity to purchase it (I'll be around till Nov 29).

Eamon Burke
11-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Dude...you can force patinas on these, right?!

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Yep Dels got that area covered. His Mokume is some beautiful stuff!!

Im wondering on the Jesus fish. Does the body of the fish have to be cut out or can it be solid?

Cut out
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTqT51fqkIIArem86v4I78Kv-wd1_LyfmwmSogUmTiAoou1oPC

SOLID
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3k2DAs7JqPSogqtIFJqNI8e9XTbtzz wTww8AZBhiy49AyGpxuwA

I decided cut out although more challenging to do, Looks to be the right way to make the symbol. I have another question.. Shoot me a PM when you get a second.

HHH Knives
11-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Dude...you can force patinas on these, right?!

yep!! for sure!!!!!

JohnnyChance
11-19-2011, 05:35 AM
How about a feather shaped keychain in feather damascus?

HHH Knives
11-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Johnny, That would be COOL!! I have just the piece setting here ready to use! :) Thanks!

HHH Knives
11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I sent out the 2 key chains this morning.. Thanks guys.

Ill be starting Monday making a few more and even a couple NEW designs if anyone else has a request for a key chain. Please let me know.

HHH Knives
11-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Heres a few I will be adding to the web site!

K Tip Suji, Bottle opener, Diamond, Dog Tag, Jesus fish, Drop point, Heart, Dog Tag 2, Diamond 2

bprescot
11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Huh. Surprised no one has asked for a choil shot or spine thickness :wink:

These look great! I'm sure they'll sell fast.

HHH Knives
11-22-2011, 08:27 AM
LOL, I know,RIGHT?? lolol

These are going very well. I have to try and list these other ones today. :) If anyone here sees one they want. Let me know.

Twistington
11-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Huh. Surprised no one has asked for a choil shot or spine thickness :wink:

These look great! I'm sure they'll sell fast.

Like it matters with such ****** grinds... :D

kalaeb
11-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Time for a belt buckle. :viking:

Eamon Burke
11-22-2011, 11:14 PM
omg. How much is a belt buckle?

I really don't need to be spending money right now...STOP IT RANDY.

HHH Knives
11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
LMAO! Hmm. I never considered that. Gets me thinking..

WildBoar
11-23-2011, 04:18 PM
LMAO! Hmm. I never considered that. Gets me thinking..Hey, don't get bogged down with belt buckles! I'm trying to get my wife to contact you about making me an x-mas gift -- a 12 inch skillet made from carbon steel damascus in your explosion pattern, with an burled maple handle connected with a mokume bolster and carved rivets! :groucho:

HHH Knives
11-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Dave. Ill get right on that!

I just listed the last batch of these on the site heres a link.
Damascus key chains (http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/knives-for-sale/)

HHH Knives
11-26-2011, 12:21 AM
I made these per a request from one of our members. I thought it was a cool idea. so here they are. Would make a great Christmas gift.. Thanks KKF for this great platform for us to play share ideas and make cool stuff happen!! :)

These range from $30.00 to $40.00 each.
All are HHH High carbon damascus. The dog tag is a special blend. A can mosaic damascus. Its a combination of 5 different steels and also some pure nickle.

More on my web page click here Custom Knives (http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/knives-for-sale/) Thanks for looking

SUJI with K tip, Random -----Large Dog Tag: Mosaic damascus ---- Key Chain: Tsunami ----- Diamond: feather ------- Hunting Knife: random

Randy Jr
11-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Wild Boar: That sounds like one crazy gift idea! But why only a 12 inch skillet, If were doing something crazy we should go all out im thinking a 2 burner skillet!:lol2: That one made me smile

HHH Knives
11-28-2011, 10:43 AM
10.00 off for Cyber Monday!! KKF members!!!

Im bumping this thread for CYBER MONDAY Blow out!!!

Today only all available damascus keychains will be 10.00 off!!!! Thats right.. 10.00 off each and every one! till midnight tonight! This is only for KKF members.

Your welcome to message me, or you can snag them directly of my web site and when I print out the shipping labels.. I will refund the 10.00 back into your account.
Sry . Its the only way I know to do this as a exclusive offer to KKF. :) So Please take a look at the current pieces and get B4 there all gone!

Thanks for your support KKF and Merry Christmas to you all!

Randy

HHH Knives
12-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I still have a few of these damascus key chains in stock.

I have at least one of each of these shapes, cross, dog tag, lightning bolt, knife, diamond in stock.

Also I have 3 key chains that have small Meteorites! Im marking them all down to 25.00 Each..

Please PM if interested.. :)

WildBoar
12-29-2011, 11:12 PM
The wife really liked the heart keychain :thumbsup:

HHH Knives
12-30-2011, 09:50 AM
David, Thats awesome, Im glad she liked it!! These are way cool! :) I gave a few as gifts to my nephews who both just started driving in the last couple years. And they really liked them!

I still have a couple of these left. feel free to PM me if you would like to get in on the 25.00 each special price.