PDA

View Full Version : GIVEAWAY!! Christmas stocking stuffer GIVEAWAY!

HHH Knives
11-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Its that time of year again. My favorite holiday!! CHRISTmas. :angel2:

What I would like to do is a Christmas GIVEAWAY! Heres how its gona work..

To enter.. post IM IN!! and tell us about one of your fond memory's of a Christmas morning.. or a description of a great Christmas gift you were blessed with.. Or just something funny about the holiday or yourself.. Lets have fun with this! :) :happy1:

You can enter once a day..The number of your post will be your entry. Lets run this till 7:30 ish on 12/12/11 I will use RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR to select the winners. Yep. I said winner's!! There will be 3 winners drawn! that means 3 gifts given.. Ho,Ho Ho.. :D

The Winners will have there choice, They can choose a Stabilized block or set of scales.(Killer figured wood of course..) for that next re-handle project.. OR A HHH Damascus key chain..

The GIVEAWAY will run from now till the 12th of December. then at 7:30 ish I will use Random number generator to pic the winning numbers. and post them here. EVERYONE is welcome to enter. No matter where you live.. I will pay the shipping cost to you if you win..

There will be 3 gifts given. That means 3 winners. You may enter as many times as you like.. But only once a day.

Merry Christmas to you all from us here at HHH Knives :thumbsup:

God Bless you and yours this holiday season
Randy Haas and Family!

Eamon Burke
11-20-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm in!

My father used to make Christmas day pretty hard. I'm not sure why. Christmas day 4 out of 5 times ended with us doing some sort of lengthy punishment, or enduring a fairly severe fight. My first girlfriend came over in her dad's pickup truck on Christmas Day and I was re-organizing and sorting a large bookcase, as part of a family-wide punishment for some kind of thing or another.

She was so shocked, she just said "No, get up, you are leaving. It's Christmas." My dad walked up behind her, a notoriously intimidating 235lb baritone(the kind of guy that pockets a gun when going to talk to the neighbors), and said "He can't go anywhere. He's got to clean up this room." And my wife, then 15 years old and 5'3", looked him straight in the eye and said "No he's not. This is ridiculous. I am picking him up and we are going somewhere else. It's Christmas, he is not going to sort books all day."

He was so taken aback, that he didn't even react. He took one step back, and I left with the girl that is now my wife.

jm2hill
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Amazing Story Eamon!

I'm in! Thanks Randy!

While I don't celebrate christmas with my family, its my GF favourite time of the year and this will be the first year (in 3) that I won't be travelling over december so I'm pretty excited! I'm sure there are many memories to be made!

tk59
11-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Sounds like you did well for yourself, Eamon. Plus she went through a fair amount of trouble to get you a freaking knife!:doublethumbsup: I'm in. Thanks for the opportunity.

mr drinky
11-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm in.

My favorite gift as kid was Stretch Monster -- until is started leaking a couple years later and became quite nasty.

k.

Eaglewood
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Im In!!!!

My daisy Red Ryder BB gun that I almost shot my brothers eye out with !!!!!!

Mike Davis
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm in!
My favorite christmas story is my son's first christmas. His eye's lit up when we rained gifts upon him. I now look forward to christmas every year. My greatest gift? Getting to spend christmas with my wife and my son :)

rahimlee54
11-20-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm in. My funny holiday story is that one year on Christmas we had like 3 things to eat in the house crackers bread and milk. So I rode around for a couple of hours looking for somewhere to eat or buy some food, I was 16 at the time. When I asked my mom why there was no food in the house she said she was to lazy to go to the store. It has been over 10 years later and I continue to give her grief about that, I usually tell her I went to the grocery store sometime Christmas week and we both have a good laugh about it. I also ask her if she has any food or if she needs to come by and get something to eat. Good times.

Bryan G.
11-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm In

Most definitely I get much more happiness out of giving than receiving. Not that a new knife is not welcomed!

Many years ago my wife wanted a kitchen aid mixer. She was going to settle for a cheaper one. I went out and bought a very nice commercial grade one that we still have. She loves to bake and has a natural talent for it, I would know being a Chef myself. She is notorious for ruining surprises digging through whatever she has to to know exactly what is going on and what she is getting. We already had a ton of presents under our tree as we were hosting family from both sides that year. I wrapped her mixer up and "buried" it under some other presents without any name on the present. I got her a few small books fro writing recipes in and a few other smaller gifts which I did put her name on and she opened those not to happy with what she received ... at last the one large gift was left with no name and everyone trying to guess what it was and who it was for... I told my wife she should open it, and open it did. Needless to say, she was very happy, surprised, and impressed she had absolutely NO idea i got it for her.

RRLOVER
11-20-2011, 09:58 PM
I am in.
I loved all the xmas's when my children were children:D..........Good Times

Mingooch
11-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Im In.
Several years ago when my wife was just my girlfriend. She always was generous and spoiled me. One particular xmas I wanted a Surround sound system from her. Well on xmas day we exchanged gifts and I did get some really nice stuff, but no system. At the end of the niight I was getting ready to go home, slightly sad at not getting what I wanted most of all. As I was leaving, she asked me to get he something out of the laundry room. And when I went in there, there was a big box with my new surround system in it. :)

James
11-21-2011, 01:30 AM
I'm in. I used to know where my parents hid the presents, so I find out what I got before Christmas.

mc2442
11-21-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm in!

Funny that this question sparked an immediate memory. Normally the tree would wait to be set up when my brother and I were home for the holiday. Lately fake tree, so we would have to drag evertyting out of storage and set it up. My brother and I compete / gamble at everything, so the last Christmas I remember doing this before his family came to be, we were up til 5 or 6 in the morning alternating between setting up the Christmas tree and playing Axis and Allies of al things. Pretty sure I won, but it has been quite a while.

GLE1952
11-21-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm in,
My best Christmas memory was when we gave our Mother a ring with our birthstones (5).
She shocked all of us when she tried to thank us and broke into tears.

Glen

Hermes7792
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Im in,

Best memories I have of Christmas are when I would watch "a Christmas story" with my family about 20 times Dec 1st- the 25th

apicius9
11-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Cool, I am in also, one can never have enough wood...

What comes to mind immediately was the Christmas when I was 6 years old. My Dad and my Grandpa had worked over weeks on setting up a little miniature train table with a nice landscape, a tunnel, some houses, a forest, cars & people, the whole works. Over it there was a model Lufthansa plain flying (i.e. hanging from the ceiling). My Dad took a super 8 move showing me when they bring me into the room on Christmas Eve, and I am jumping up and down with joy. I remember this fondly also because my Grandpa passed away shortly after that.

Stefan

Craig
11-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm in!!

My two favourite Christmas meals of all time:

When I was about 9 we did the two family meals back to back on the 23rd and the 24th for some reason I cannot remember. Turkey, ham, stuffing, desert, the whole shebang. Come the actual night of Christmas we got home at about 7 pm and it was just my immediate family (mom, dad and sister) and we were all beat. Christmas dinner that year was Kraft Dinner in front of the tv. Loved it.

Every year mom does a good breakfast on Christmas morning. Always something baked, usually a kind of cake or something. Every year it's perfect, except for the one year her plastic bundt pan melted all over the cherry loaf she was making. She thought it was ruined and inedible and everything was ruinedandherlifewasoverandohmygodwhatdidIdo until dad and I just pried the melted plastic off the top and started ripping chinks off and digging in. To this day, I swear that was the tastiest thing that my mom has ever baked.

bprescot
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
I'm in.

So my father likes to think he is hilarious. But it's a quirky sense of humor. When I was little, like most kids, Christmas morning I was up at the crack of dawn. I knew not to wake my folks, but no matter how quiet I tried to be, that just never seemed to happen. I never could understand what was wrong with starting Christmas morning at 6:30 - 7:00 :wink:

Fast forward to today. Every year, my wife and I spend xmas with my folks, and every Christmas morning, at 6:30AM sharp my Father turns the sound system to full volume and blasts Joy to the World startling us both awake. Luckily this won't go on forever, though. He says he's only got three more years "till we're even."

DwarvenChef
11-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm in.

I remember going on leave for Christmas at the last minute, flew down to my folks place and got there late christmas eve. Slept on the couch and was there for Christmas day suprising everyone. That was a good one :)

bprescot
11-24-2011, 05:29 PM
I guess I've always been a skeptical person, so it should come as no surprise that by the time I was 7 I was already beginning to doubt this whole "Santa Claus" story. I mean, one guy, with flying reindeer visits the whole world in a single night?! But that Christmas sealed my belief for years after. I woke up as usual and headed downstairs to ogle all of the goodies. The presents around the tree always drew my attention first, but when I went to the stockings hanging over our fire place, I noticed something. There were footprints in suit on the carpet leading away from the chimney!

Well I was so excited I immediately ran upstairs woke my father, and rushed him down to show him my discovery and, what was in my mind, the only logical explanation: Santa was REAL!!! Ever the opportunist, he quickly told me to go get my mother so she could see while he readied a video camera to catch my ecstatic explanation and dramatic re-enactment for my mother.

Of course, if I had been thinking clearly, I would have realized that I usually got yelled at twice a winter for doing the same thing "Santa" did. After all, that fireplace is VERY tricky to clean without getting some soot on your shoes, something my father had done Christmas eve. The video became part of the hour-long "Embarrassing Moments for my Son" (actual title) montage my father put together for my wife and I's rehearsal dinner.

tgraypots
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm in!

I do have a few stories of old :-) I'll write in over the coming days, but for now, my favorite Christmas is the one just a few weeks away. Christmas is nothing if not a time of hope.

Don Nguyen
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm in!

I got boxing gloves for Christmas last year. How wonderful and considerate my parents were to encourage my barbaric sport :)

Eamon Burke
11-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I was working at a Freebirds(burrito place) in Austin and some folks were talking about what reminds them of Christmas. You know, music, decorations, etc. Then they started talking about "Christmas Movies", and I couldn't grasp what was being discussed.

Then I was informed that people watch certain movies, as a family, EVERY YEAR as part of a Christmas tradition. This still seems a little strange to me, we didn't really have traditions growing up.

But as a result, my wife and I have 3 Christmas-time movies: A Charlie Brown Christmas, Elf, and The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Ratton
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi! I'm in.

When I was a child we lived in a 2 story house and we were not allowed to do downstairs on Christmas morning until everyone was up and then we all went down the stairs together to see the tree and all the presents. To keep the kids pacified, Santa always left a couple of stocking on the end of our bed so we would have something to open when we as kids woke up too early. I really loved Christmas as a kid!

chuck239
11-28-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm in!

When I was younger, my brother and I both got TV's for christmas. Since the boxes were heavy my mother decided, instead of wrapping them she would put a blanket over them and we could just remove the blanket together to find out what was underneath. Needless to say, before my parents were up, my brother and I stunk down stair to look at the gifts. When we saw the blanket, we looked to see what was under it. When we all went down stairs later in the morning the TV's were gone. After we opened all of our gifts we pretended like we didn't know their were TV's earlier that morning. Then while we were eating breakfast my mother said "Boys, do you not think I put that blanket on top of your TV's in a very specific way that would let me know if you looked at them?" And my father said "and that is why you are not getting your TV's for a few weeks". Several weeks later, we got them. Looking back, I can't imagine how many other things my parents knew about.....

-Chuck

HHH Knives
12-02-2011, 10:00 AM
This is great guys, the stories keep getting better! Have fun and good luck to you guys on the drawing.
-Randy Jr. (keep forgetting to log in:O)

Eamon Burke
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I grew up in south Texas, where there is literally no winter. We just got cold fronts in rapid succession from north Texas(Where I live now....we had a Christmas Eve blizzard two years ago).

One year, the fronts didn't blow in at the right time (1996 I believe), and I was jumping on a neighbor's trampoline sweating on Christmas day. It was 95 degrees.

RobinW
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm in!
Soon to be third X-mas ago we had just settled down outside Philly and were a bit ancious on how christmas was going to be. With the help of the weather (lot's of snow) and a bit of guidance from new found friends we got all the stuff (food mostly) we long for and another ex-pat Swede turned up as the Swedish Santa for the kids...
We have managed to keep the good traditions from a swedish Christmas and added some good US ones as well.

Ratton
12-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm in again!!

When I was a young we would go out in the woods to pick out a Christmas tree and my dad would cut it down and we would take it home and put it up, but it was never never decorated by us. It was one of the jobs that Santa did at our house for several years!! What a beautiful sight seeing the decorated tree Christmas morning. :bonsai:

SpikeC
12-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm in, I suppose. Speaking of trees, when I was in high school our band did a Xmas tree hunt one year. We went up into the snow on Mt. Hood. A good memory that I had miss placed.

Andrew H
12-03-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm in! In my house we decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, make hot chocolate, and then at midnight choose one little present to open. The trick to choosing the best present is knowing which one will occupy you until you fall asleep. Around 10 Christmases ago I opened a game called Brain Warp. My brother and I stayed up for hours playing that game, and it was the best present I got that Christmas. I still have it. Great memory :)

Eamon Burke
12-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Ok it's tomorrow already, so here's another! It's more weather.

The year after my senior year in high school, I had a band and a few good buddies and we were always hanging out, doing nothing, barely working because we had no needs--just slept on couches and whatnot. My girlfriend left with her family to Tennessee to have a snowy Christmas...and it didn't snow at all there. Meanwhile, in Rockport, it snowed for the first time in 100 years, we got 8 inches on Christmas morning. I had nothing to do but screw around with my bandmates throwing snow around, driving into small snowbanks, finding hills to skid down on trash can lids. Too bad my wife missed it, but it was a good time!

RobinW
12-04-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm in again...

A couple of years back i worked for a round the world yacht race team. We spent the christmas in South Africa. Being a Swede the weather was a little out of place. Anyway, the team rented a room at the botanical garden an we set up a great christmas dinner. Our Film/photo guy set up an elaborate scheme with multiple people acting as santa at different parts (outside in the garden, on the roof etc) to mesmerize the kids. In the end he appeared out of the chimney to give away presents. The kids were so happy.

Eamon Burke
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
This isn't a warm Christmas memory, but it certainly is something that I am often reminded of during Christmastime, and can maybe put some worry to rest!

We got a real tree when I was a kid, I guess because our fake one was worn out or something. But we hadn't used a real tree before, and we got that flame-retardant stuff to put in the water. Well, the tree lasted a pretty good amount of time, but in early January, the time came to toss it in the fortnightly burn pit out back. We threw it in there with our paper trash, branches, leaves and whatnot, and a little diesel and torched it, business as usual. After several hours of burning, the only thing in the pit was a pile of black ash and a single, pristine tree trunk. We were impressed, but left it in there to burn up over time. We took it out to the transfer station after a few months. That stuff really works!

steeley
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Im in THIShttp://www.limepic.com/img/20061222fg7.jpg

DwarvenChef
12-05-2011, 01:47 AM
I used to have that bike in a green :p

jm2hill
12-05-2011, 02:02 AM
I'm in again...

A couple of years back i worked for a round the world yacht race team. We spent the christmas in South Africa. Being a Swede the weather was a little out of place. Anyway, the team rented a room at the botanical garden an we set up a great christmas dinner. Our Film/photo guy set up an elaborate scheme with multiple people acting as santa at different parts (outside in the garden, on the roof etc) to mesmerize the kids. In the end he appeared out of the chimney to give away presents. The kids were so happy.

Kirtsenbosch?

Beautiful place. I'll be there in about a week.

Ratton
12-05-2011, 06:52 AM
I'm in again.....

As a kid and still a believer, one Christmas I got an electric train set and the tracks were attached to a piece of plywood! After the initial surprise, I started to wonder just how Santa got that piece of plywood down the chimney?? My mother's quick answer was that he came down the chimney and opened up the locked front door from the inside and then brought it in the front door. That sounded logical to me and I never questioned it again!! Until now!!!!! :detective:

SpikeC
12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm in- When I received an American Flier train set I was all agog. Then I heard my dad telling our neighbor how expensive it was. That was when I realized that there was no Santa.

Eamon Burke
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Today's another day! I'm in again.

I used to believe in Santa, and then began to question his existence at about 5 years old. Then when I was 7, I got a "note from Santa" that was handwritten, and I noticed it had soot smudged on it. I was convinced for a few years, until my brother said all our toys were in the shop. Turns out it was ink from my father's fountain pen!

GLE1952
12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm in again.
My wife always made a big deal out of decorating the tree with the kids.
Then being the perfectionist, she would strip it down after they went to bed and totaly redo it (to the tune of about 4 hours). Magazine worthy by the way.
They never realized it until they were grown and I ratted her out when we were telling funny Christmas stories.

Glen

apicius9
12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
O.k., I'm in again.

That last post reminded me of my Mom who is a little obsessive compulsive also ;) One year I couldn't believe it when she had decorated the tree with tinsel (? the golden, hair-like threads) and then she got the scissors and cut them all even so they look pretty. I still tease her about that. She is also known for having thrown out sheets of christmas cookies that did not come out quite as perfect as she wanted, even though nobody else would have noticed. Fortunately, she has relaxed a bit and takes things easier these days.

Stefan

geezr
12-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I'M IN
Years ago we hosted Christmas dinner at our place for the extended families. We had finally wrangled everyone to the table and shushed the children so my wife’s sister could say grace. This is what it sounded like:

“Lord, we thank thee for thy—“
“KALI-MAAAAA! KALI-MAAAAA!” “AAAAAAAAAUUUUUGGGHHHH!!!”

It was the heart-ripping-out human sacrifice scene from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom that we forgot was on the television. We also forgot that we had turned the volume up really loud so the kids could hear the movie over all the earlier noise. I asked one of our nephews to turn off the tv which he did. He was about 7 at that time and thought the moment was funny.

Eamon Burke
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm in again!

My brother got a tape player and a Johnny Horton tape one year. He then played it over and over and over and over and over and over. My parents made him go to the shop and he sat there listening to it play over and over again while sanding some wood down or something. He probably barely remembers it, but it is ingrained in my memory. Check it out, I typed this from memory from over 15 years ago:
In 1814 we took a little trip
along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans,
and we fought a bloody battle in the town of New Orleans.

Well, we fired our guns and British keep a-comin';
there wasn't as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
along the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico...

Yeah. That Christmas left an impression.

steeley
12-08-2011, 02:32 AM
my gi joes.http://www.limepic.com/img/qxi8601.jpg

David Metzger
12-08-2011, 12:49 PM
I got a Browning TBolt 22 as a compete surprise. Didn't know i wanted one, but had a lot of fun plinking. I'm in. David

Twistington
12-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm in! I can't remember what year this was but the Nintendo... wow that was something!

Andrew H
12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm in! I can't remember what year this was but the Nintendo... wow that was something!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

HHH Knives
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Thats awesome! And really brought a smile to my face!! :) Only a couple more days to enter!!! :) Thanks to everyone who has entered to far. Its easy to run through life we are so "BUSY" these days. And we often forget what got us where we are. and the fond memory's of Christmas pasts.

Its been a REAL JOY you guys are awesome!

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 02:09 AM
Hey Guys, This was GREAT! I really loved reading your story's and reliving the memory's! Thanks. Your all winners in my book!

Im gona go to random number generator and get some winning numbers. Your post number is your entry. :)

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to you all from Randy Jr and myself!

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Random Number Generator / Picker

Click “Get random!” to pick a random number between 1 and whatever you enter in the field below, inclusive. This generates a pseudo-random number using JavaScript's Math functions.

If you prefer, you can still use the original Random Number Picker.

NEW! Now, you can also pick one item out of a list!

Enter a number:

I want a number between 1 and… 48

Result:40

Random number code based on JavaScript documentation on the Mozilla Developer Center.

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 02:11 AM

Click “Get random!” to pick a random number between 1 and whatever you enter in the field below, inclusive. This generates a pseudo-random number using JavaScript's Math functions.

Enter a number:

I want a number between 1 and… 48

Result:18

Random number code based on JavaScript documentation on the Mozilla Developer Center.

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 02:13 AM

Enter a number:

I want a number between 1 and…

Result:28

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 02:15 AM
Thats it guys, Check and see if your a winner!! PM me and we will work out shipping and you can choose your gift.

Thanks again to KKF and to all of you for this great community of knife nuts!! I really enjoy being a part of it!!

Merry Christmas.
Randy

DwarvenChef
12-14-2011, 09:15 AM
DOH missed it by one :p

RobinW
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I actually won! No 28.!

Tjohoo!!!!!!

Thanks!

GLE1952
12-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Missed by 1 too!!
Thanks for the chance Randy.

Glen

steeley
12-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Thank you for doing this and happy holidays:2thumbsup:

bprescot
12-14-2011, 10:09 PM
Holy Moly! I won something. I NEVER win anything. Woohoo!!! Thank you Santa! By which I mean Randy!! This was super fun, thanks for doing it.

Eamon Burke
12-14-2011, 10:19 PM
:woot:
:happy1:

And the fountain pen/soot story wins! That's a favorite of mine.

Thanks Mr. Haas, this was fun!

HHH Knives
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
I want to thank you all for bringing a little more Christmas cheer into my world! I enjoyed this!

I need you guys to send me a PM with you mailing address as well as let me know. if you want a key chain, scales, or a block of wood!! :)

Merry Christmas to you all!
Randy

HHH Knives
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
OK, I got all 3 packages delivered to the post office this morning! :)

This really was fun, I hope to make this a new tradition!

God Bless And Merry Christmas!
Randy

Hermes7792
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Up next is a full custom knife right? :lol2:

HHH Knives
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
could be! Ya just never know what I might do next! :D