PDA

View Full Version : earth quake

steeley
03-11-2011, 03:13 AM
8.4 quake off japan the tsunmi ther showing CNN is un real

apicius9
03-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Makes me almost wish I had a functioning TV. We are on tsunami watch out here, not yet clear what to expect. First news from Japan don't sound good, I hope they get through this o.k.

Stefan

steeley
03-11-2011, 03:23 AM
stay safe Stefan.
the damage from the tsunami is looks the worst
thoughts go out people in japan.

JBroida
03-11-2011, 03:29 AM
the city of sendai has been really hit hard... all of the train systems are shut down... they are saying it was an 8.9 now

My in-laws are in the north, but on the opposite coast... they felt it pretty strong (maybe 5-6). My niece and nephew got sent home early as the schools closed. Scary stuff.

Lots of aftershocks and it was felt pretty hard even in tokyo and saitama.

steeley
03-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Stefan they just said first wave for your islands is 2:59 am your time

chuck239
03-11-2011, 04:10 AM
Stefan,

Stay safe. I have 2 friends that live in different parts of Hawaii and they have both been evacuated in the last 20 minutes. Also, I hope anyone in Japan is doing alright and I hope all family and friends are safe.

-Chuck

apicius9
03-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks guys, I get a few live reports over the web, it looks like parts of Japan were really hit hard. I don't know what kind of warning they had, I hope that many people could get to safe places in time.

We now have a tsunami warning status, sirens went off a few minutes ago. Not sure what's happening at the coast (my cable box died a few weeks ago and I hadn't bothered replacing it, don't watch much TV anyway...). I am high enough to be safe, I just hope that we don't get hit hard, there are lots of people very close to tje coast. When we had a tsunami warning last year, all evacuations went perfectly organized, so I am hopeful. Really more worried about Japan than about us.

Stefan

obtuse
03-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Tsunami warnings last year and evacuation went really well last year.

ecchef
03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Not good. Family in Tokyo is ok, subway is running agian, a petro plant is still burning though. Sendai is annihilated. Nuke plant seems to be in no danger.

Dave Martell
03-11-2011, 10:46 PM
That was some bad stuff.