PDA

View Full Version : I like this forum! Vote of confidence for Dave

Burl Source
11-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I just wanted to start a thread where those of us who like this forum can say so.
It is a lot of work keeping up something like this and it can get pretty discouraging when some of the negative stuff happens.
I know that with me, a little positive encouragement really goes a long way.

If you enjoy the forum and feel Dave is doing a good job, maybe you would be willing to make a supportive post saying so.
Nothing negative here please.

obtuse
11-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I like this forum too. best source of information and discussion on kitchen knives on the interweb.

Mike Davis
11-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I think Dave is doing a great job. Running a forum is a BUTTLOAD of work...And despite all the people who are unhappy with certain aspects of the direction the site has taken, he holds his head up and plugs away at it. As i told him earlier...I have a lot of respect for him in keeping this running and keeping up with everything that is going on. Keep it up Dave...We are rooting for you!

tgraypots
11-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Growing pains. Time to move on and get beyond. Good job Dave. Thanks-Tom

Dusty
11-28-2011, 09:04 PM
I mostly lurk here, and I have learnt a hell of a lot reading pages on this forum. Well done kkf.

jm2hill
11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
I +1

The BoardSMITH
11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
:thumbsup:

Eamon Burke
11-28-2011, 09:26 PM
doy. The growth, the way the site loads no problemo, the mature atmosphere, the focus on cooking, the inclusion of vendors, it's why I have a few grand in posts in the past few months.

El Pescador
11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
I love this site! I find myself looking at the site half a dozen times a day. I had a great talk with a knife maker today and he said this site has definitely influenced him in a postive way. Good or bad, there are a ton of great minds that contribute.

The Edge
11-28-2011, 09:56 PM
One of the best sites I've found online. Keep up the fantastic job Dave and company. Not only provides top notch information on kitchen knives, and how to maintain them, also loads of entertainment.

sachem allison
11-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Dave, you know my thoughts on this. good job!

Lars
11-29-2011, 12:57 AM
I like this forum too..!

Well done, Dave - thanks for giving us a great place to hang out..

Lars

mr drinky
11-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I too like this forum. All forums (vendors or not) are hard to manage and most break down at some point. Some growing pains and a couple of delicate issues aside, it is nice place to hang and I think the direction is positive.

k.

stevenStefano
11-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Just to agree with everyone else, no internet forum is perfect, but compared to other ones I've used I think this place is probably the best, in part due to the fact that basically all the members on the other places whose opinions I valued post here as well.

HHH Knives
11-29-2011, 12:51 PM
KKF members are the best bunch of knife nuts I know! I have learned more from you guys, Dave included.. Great content as well as people make this one of my favorite places to hang out on the net!

Dave your doing a GREAT JOB keeping the balls in the air, juggling everything!
Thanks to all who make this place such a cool forum to visit and hang around!

God Bless

markk
11-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I too like this forum. All forums (vendors or not) are hard to manage and most break down at some point. Some growing pains and a couple of delicate issues aside, it is nice place to hang and I think the direction is positive.

+1

PierreRodrigue
11-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Aw Common you guys! What the Heck!! You are gonna make that shinny top of his glow like Rudolphs nose, hes gonna blush so much!

Seriously Dave, well done, I am glad to be here, I know it can't be easy, but you and the mods, need a pat on the back! Thanks!

Michael Rader
11-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Great job on the forum, Dave. I know it must feel like herding cats here, so keep it up. Everything is good here on my end. No complaints at all.

-M

chazmtb
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Good job Dave and Mods.

Don't sweat the little stuff. Look at the big picture.

mhenry
11-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Dave, I really enjoy this forum. Thanks and great job

Dave Martell
11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
I get a little embarrassed by this type of thing but I appreciate all the sentiments being expressed here. Thank you :)

This is a good opportunity for me to say thanks back to you guys as well because this place is nothing without all of us contributing. It doesn't matter who you are or what you do here - everyone is important - because this is a community not just a forum. The community is what's alive here, the forum is just the house that we gather in.

SpikeC
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm working on my 6th knife now, and I would not have made anything like the progress that I have so far without this forum and all the helpful stuff that I learn here. This is a good thing™!

TamanegiKin
11-30-2011, 01:34 AM
I don't like to think about where I'd still be with knives and sharpening if there was no KKF.
I've learned so much thanks to this site and It's community. Thanks for providing a venue for all of this to take place Dave.

apicius9
11-30-2011, 03:18 AM
I spend way too much time here, so it can't be all bad. And I understand now that Dave is completely nuts (a professional term...) for running a forum. Thanks to him for doing this and thanks to the Mods for helping out!

Stefan

macmiddlebrooks
11-30-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree, my understanding of steel, knives and edge maintenance have improved tenfold since joining KKF. While I'm not quite sure where my passion for all things sharp comes from, I'm glad to be a part of this friendly and skilled bunch.

WillC
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I love this place, you all keep me chuckling on a regular basis. Not to even go into the amount I've learned here and the warmth and generosity of which i've been received here. Its great!:biggrin:

tk59
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
You wouldn't know it from my post count but I actually do like to spend some time here occasionally.

AFKitchenknivesguy
11-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Thanks Dave.

add
12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
I too like this forum. All forums (vendors or not) are hard to manage and most (- some-) break down at some point. Some growing pains and a couple of delicate issues aside, it is nice place to hang and I think the direction is positive.

k.

Dave, you seem to be on the right track... continued success and knowledge.

Ballsy to start this up, thanks for the venue.

Ratton
12-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Dave, you seem to be on the right track... continued success and knowledge.

Ballsy to start this up, thanks for the venue.

:plus1: :goodpost:

Pensacola Tiger
12-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I love this site, but my bank account doesn't.

bprescot
12-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I love this site, but my bank account doesn't.
Oh man, ain't that the truth!

I don't post a ton, but I probably read more than half of all the active threads. This is where I spend the bulk of my time online. Considering that my wife and I use Hulu for ALL of our television watching, that's saying something! Great job, Dave! Still think you're nuts for taking this on, but hopefully the addition of the news mods will make things easier on you. Keep up the great work!

Burton
12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Loving it.

SpikeC
12-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Jeeze, I read everything that gets posted. I must be knuts!

Burl Source
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Jeeze, I read everything that gets posted. I must be knuts!
You are. :shocked3:
Has anyone ever told you that those glasses make your nose look big?

Mike Davis
12-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Ha! Mark...I really want the plate of spaghetti that you use for an avatar! Seriously, Let's keep this rolling, Butch...you are going to have to drive to Dave's when he reads this...That way we can all see what the top of a bald guy's head looks like when his blushing reaches the peak:razz::rofl2::angel2:

SpikeC
12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
You are. :shocked3:
Has anyone ever told you that those glasses make your nose look big?

What nose??

Burl Source
12-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I have to admit that this forum has caused a lot of changes with me.
1st It got me to be a bit more serious about my cooking. I would look in the What's Cooking forum and would start to drool. One of my next projects will be the Blow Torch Roast Beef.
2nd It is starting to turn me into a Kitchen Knife snob. I used to think the Santoku I got at Walmart was a good knife. Before coming here I had lumped most kitchen knives into one generic category. Now I can appreciate the nice kitchen knives and pay a lot more attention to care and maintaining the ones I have. Plus I am slowly but surely starting to get some nice kitchen knives.
3rd I have made a lot of friends here. I am constantly surprised how generous the other forum members when it comes to sharing information and actually helping me to accomplish tasks I don't know how to do myself.
4th Dave and the other guys have been very patient with me when I have done or said dumb things.

In a nut shell;
I have learned and continue to learn a lot.
Plus I have been treated better than I deserved.
So Thank You everyone.