PDA

View Full Version : JNS 1000

maxim
12-25-2011, 10:40 AM
This topic was mention at youtube and KF, i did not started it or made any comments before they started to clame it !!

Recently some vendor clammed that they have my JNS 1000 grit stone they even use my name on other stone on they website !!!
The thing that pissed me most of that they use JNS 1000 in they website !

To prove that it is different stone i made a video but still they think its same stone.
On my viset to Japan i have visited Tanaka toishi where all of they re brandet stones come from. And i know what brand that stone is, i will kip it secret to not be same jurk as they are !

In Japan that color of stones is very popular they call it marble actually same color is used on 6k 8k 4k 400 grit in all different brands, basically if you order enough stones you can choose your own color.

My stone is even bigger, harder, cheaper as you can see in the video and faster ! But still they dont see the differens in the video, i am thinking how can they make evaluation of stones if they cant even see differens in simple synthetic stones :scared4: How can they sell Naturals stones then !

My point is in this post, that color or brand do not tell you anything how stone preforms and what stone it is ! I dont mention witch stone is better here !! Just pointing out they are not the same

Here is my video reply:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCNNbW7EZTc&list=UUs-7XfitjOEgbKX0842AtLQ&index=1&feature=plcp

I will not mention who sellers is or what brands is used of they stones !

mainaman
12-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I used your 1k on my moritaka, full pressure mode uthil my hands hurt from grinding, the stone barely barely dished, not smidgen of mud on it all pure swarf. Ken stone makes so much more mud compared one has to be blind not to be able to see the difference.

As far as naturals from another vendor that we all know ,I heard some pretty interesting stories about the quality of the product and the customer service. Apparently if someone in Japan says that the stones are good and stamps them then they can't possibly be flawed in any way, therefore no returns are accepted.

Peco
12-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I see the site and I'm not surprised this fella will use your name - anything for a buck ... or 2.

maxim
12-25-2011, 11:57 AM
For me its just very weird why they start all that, the only reason most be that they think i have very good reputation :D

Marko Tsourkan
12-25-2011, 12:00 PM
What's the cost of this stone shipped to US?

M

Peco
12-25-2011, 12:03 PM
You sure have and I think that fool have been acting stupid on many occations - posting terrible utube vids etc. I don't even understand why people send $$ his way - to me he is as fake as one can be ...

Aphex
12-25-2011, 02:48 PM
After typing jns 1000 into google, i can now begin to see why Dave has such a with those two (you know who)

That's pretty poor behaviour if you ask me.

mainaman
12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
You sure have and I think that fool have been acting stupid on many occations - posting terrible utube vids etc. I don't even understand why people send $$ his way - to me he is as fake as one can be ...
ha ha those stone reviews are so bad...

Eamon Burke
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't understand why everyone thinks they are the same stone...they look very different to me.

Maksim, the JNS 1000 looks like an incredible stone!

Peco
12-25-2011, 03:38 PM
I don't think it's because people think it's the same stone. Trouble is that Maxim's "brandname" is in the title on the page where the stone is advertised.

heirkb
12-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Seriously pathetic. I was going to buy something from them, but this crap is too much. Sneaking it into their page so it shows up on a google search. And with a ******, obviously fake review on the page.

Lars
12-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Man, that is lame. Those guys just have no class at all..

Lars

Dave Martell
12-26-2011, 02:28 AM
Here we go again.....will they ever stop this crap? :scared4:

I had hoped that by this point they had spent some time in the R&D department and put in some hard work to gain the knowledge and respect that this brings but it appears that this isn't the case. In my opinion, those guys know very little between them on this subject so they need to gain credibility and/or knowledge from people who do possess these things - that is if they wish to succeed selling these products.

Maksim, I'm sorry to hear that you're their newest victim (I know how it feels). I'd wager that you won't be the last. I'm disgusted.... :disdain:

maxim
12-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Here we go again my name is again is used in description.
This time it is same stone as mine.
But wow for a pure sharpening the knife edge scrapping against unflattened corners of the stone. :scared4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2i-Fk8X2BkI#!

Peco
12-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Those guys are F..... U.. Here's a little for google. JNS 1000 ... JNS 320 etc. is the brand of Maxim's stones. Mark R i c h m o n d and Ken Schwartz from Chef Knives To Go obviously don't care about ethics etc. and are willing to use others brandnames / do fake reviews - to promote their own business. From what I hear it's not the first time this has happened. I hope as many as possible will be aware of this and boycot the bastards.

bieniek
12-26-2011, 08:02 AM
I really have to appologize Dave and others, and I have to because to this point i didnt realized it was so serious!

Wouldnt expect that, but there it is! What kind of a person are you to steal somebodys work and post it on your website. Shite!

Surely we should write to the small knife producers he is selling within his shop, and tell them the story and ask to just stop the dealing with such a ***.

Peco
12-26-2011, 08:23 AM
For what it's worth I just offered my support to Maxim by placing an order on the JNS 1000 grit stone. Looking forward to receive it :D

maxim
12-26-2011, 08:55 AM
You are true gentalmen sir :D

Peco
12-26-2011, 09:00 AM
Nah, it's just a small contribution - for now - I'm sure there will be more buys from me in the future :D

mainaman
12-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Here we go again my name is again is used in description.
This time it is same stone as mine.
But wow for a pure sharpening the knife edge scrapping against unflattened corners of the stone. :scared4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2i-Fk8X2BkI#!
I can't understand why are they mentioning your stone when you sell is so much cheaper then them, that is the dumbest thing ever.
Here what I was told over at the other forum:

I can't quite understand your 'English', but are you saying the 320's are the same stone? Really? You can tell this from just looking at two white stone pictures without even seeing both in action? What amazing powers of deduction. X ray vision over the net, lol.
Then on the video description he claims they are the same, it looks like he has that magical X ray vision but others do not?

Your 320 is cheaper than theirs even if shipped to US, and how do they know is similar in characteristics is beyond me. And he is talking about honesty, what a tool.
Oh and check this out:

If you want to send me your 1k for me to compare directly, I can confirm that they are the same or not, but that's as much effort as I can devote to this.
Can you believe that?

dough
12-26-2011, 12:55 PM
i cant even believe the direction that thread on KF. it was so backhanded. in fact mark bumped that thread about low grit stones over a year old... deleted his post... then managed to talk about his products and have ken jump in to call people out as shills. its so pointlessly ridiculously confusing.

hopefully its ends up getting you free advertisement.

it sucks to have confusion surrounding your products and not even be able to confront it at the source.

anyway i still want a jns 1000 but sadly my money is spent this month so gotta wait til next month... hopefully you will have a few left when im ready to purchase one.

in the end i for one just want to spend more of my money at your store then i even did before this silliness.

WillC
12-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Its made me want one from you even more:D Very Sneaky though. I notice JNS 1000 comes up in the page title as its loading, then vanishes, must be in the coding somewhere to get it in on Google searches.

maxim
12-26-2011, 01:36 PM
Just notised that review come up on his website that tells my stone is more expensive, that is just not true !
And BTW he only allow good reviews on his website all bad ones he delete, hehe so pathetik.
I really hope now people will see who they dealling with.
I sell manly Jnats so luckily it dose not affect me at all :)

We are all knife and stone enthusiast and we shod respect etch other.

That trick for me is total pointless and only show how weak they are, and how fare they will go just to sell more.

maxim
12-26-2011, 03:40 PM
What post did he removed??

i cant even believe the direction that thread on KF. it was so backhanded. in fact mark bumped that thread about low grit stones over a year old... deleted his post... then managed to talk about his products and have ken jump in to call people out as shills. its so pointlessly ridiculously confusing.

JBroida
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
i dont think he removed it... i believe it was removed by the mods

Dave Martell
12-26-2011, 11:53 PM
What post did he removed??
i dont think he removed it... i believe it was removed by the modsThat's the same thing Jon - he OWNS that place - mods included.

labor of love
12-27-2011, 12:53 AM
its a conspiracy!

labor of love
12-27-2011, 01:34 AM
loving this thread! my only regret is that i havent discovered this highly educated and informed populace sooner! off with t** h*** o* M*** R*******!

dough
12-27-2011, 01:56 AM
the deleted post didnt have anything to do with this.
it was just about choseras and bestons.

maxim
12-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Ok now they use my name JNS on 1000, 320 and 600 grit stones just to bust they google search.
I hope you guys see what happening here :(

mainaman
12-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Ok now they use my name JNS on 1000, 320 and 600 grit stones just to bust they google search.
May be you should start selling the 600 bamboo too, your price will be much cheaper shipper to US anyway. That should make them happy for sure.

MadMel
12-27-2011, 10:06 AM

Man that really sucks!!

BraisedorStewed
12-28-2011, 05:38 AM
I had contemplated sending some of my hard earned money to "that place" at a point in time, now I am glad I didn't and can say that I never will. If I'm ever in the market for a J-nat I will contact you for sure.

Peco
12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
I just received my JNS 1000 stone. Nice solid packaging, quick turnaround A++ ... now I just have to try it out - can't wait :D

mainaman
12-28-2011, 08:33 AM
I had contemplated sending some of my hard earned money to "that place" at a point in time, now I am glad I didn't and can say that I never will. If I'm ever in the market for a J-nat I will contact you for sure.
For Jnats I'd never buy from anyone else but Maksim, I have tried at least two stones from all available vendors except one, but based on what people say about them I am glad I did not buy from them.Maksim has great variety of high quality stones from very soft stones for knives, to super hard stones for razors.

maxim
12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks guys for all of your support !!!

maxim
12-28-2011, 11:24 AM

One more post and you can join giveaway :D

stevenStefano
12-28-2011, 09:41 PM
This whole thing is incredibly lame and they are lying about you and your prices to boost their own business. Just another example of why so many of us post here now

Eamon Burke
12-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

SpikeC
12-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone ever consider that Mark and Ken might be actually the same person?

dough
12-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Anyone ever consider the fact that Mark and Ken actually believe these are the same stone?

of course this could be true.
i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.

mainaman
12-29-2011, 02:08 AM
of course this could be true.
i just dont understand why they would do this whether its the same stone or not.
also notice how quickly adam nipped the conversation right in the bud.
its also odd that anyone can buy a stone from maxim including mark and ken and just make their own comparison. it seems this has yet to happen nor does it seem like ken cares beyond claiming his stones are the best and to be compared to them should be considered an honor... that right there is a bad position to put oneself. although i know that to a degree about some of the things i have been paid to do or provide. i have never been a new kid on the block saying my stuff was the best... been a new kid many times. in the end, im merely working with great/good know great/good and likewise still keep my enemy bad/failure closer then good/great/best. what does bad/good/great/best even mean. even if talking about stones and knives.

why not do it to jon... maybe because he is still a vendor... maybe becuase he doesnt really sell naturals.
maybe maxim is more directly in competition with ken... i guess in a small market like natural stones any competition is bad competition.
something tells me though this is not about that. could i say what its about... certainly not. sometimes in life you are just along for the ride.

clearly ken has no love for mainaman... and i guess mark has little respect for maxim. these are about the only conclusions to be drawn by the likes of me; someone not holding any cards because im not a player in the game.
If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.
I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product), he is competition to 330mate though.

Dave Martell
12-29-2011, 02:55 AM
If you think they are not trying really hard to find out what are the stones John sell you are wrong.

I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.

I am not sure Ken is any competition to Maksim for stones, he has no access to quality stuff(Tanaka is not well respected in Japan because poor product)

I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is. :rofl2:

steeley
12-29-2011, 03:23 AM
Won't be the first time .

Peco
12-29-2011, 06:55 AM

If it was it still doesn't give them the right to use Maxim's brandname! Go ahead and make a burger called Bigmac, advertice it ... and see what happens ;)

ecchef
12-29-2011, 08:26 AM
:rofl2:
Anyone ever consider that Mark and Ken might be actually the same person?

maxim
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Yep they also clame they have Jons stones on KF.
That i am very sure they dont !

mhlee
12-29-2011, 01:00 PM
If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

Also, where is this thread in KF that people are referring to?

Marko Tsourkan
12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd bet my left nut that's #1 priority over there.

I'd bet my right nut that he thinks he is. :rofl2:

You are a brave man, Dave - :wink:

99Limited
12-29-2011, 01:22 PM

It's buried down in the later pages of the Naniwa Chosera or Bester thread.

chefofthefuture
12-29-2011, 01:41 PM
So Maxim, if they don't have your stones what do they have?

maxim
12-29-2011, 01:54 PM
So Maxim, if they don't have your stones what do they have?

I don't see any reason why i should say it, then i will be as lame as them.

edit: you know maybe i just get couple of them for sell :D

Marko Tsourkan
12-29-2011, 02:36 PM
It's buried down in the later pages of the Naniwa Chosera or Bester thread.

Boy, we will quadruple traffic on KF with this post :)
Here it is:

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/870040/tp/6/

Here Ken writes "The *** 1k (aka jns1k)..." and I thought that certainty was only about death and taxes. Here is another good one "...They look, sound and cut the same. Pretty obvious to me" So, did Ken buy one from you, Maxim -?

maxim
12-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Nope :eyebrow:
I like how they like to play wise guys for something they did not even try hehe...
Its ok to guess, but make public announcement that they are same stones and publish it on they website its just to much.

Marko Tsourkan
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Dan, if it is not the same stone, you should ask for your money back, or get one from JNS and have two. :)

Marko Tsourkan
12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Maxim, wise guys has a slightly different meaning (or a second meaning) here in the US, than in the rest of English-speaking world as the word combination would imply.

Could not help but think about Jimmy Two Times character "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers"

LOL

mainaman
12-29-2011, 04:11 PM
If you do a search of "jns" on the website, you get two hits - to the 320 and 600 stones where Ken comments how each stone retains swarf similar to the "JNS 320."

I haven't seen the videos that are posted, nor do I care to, but did Ken actually buy the JNS 320 stone or did he borrow it from someone?

No he has never tried JNS 320 , he also accused me of claiming they were same stones, only to then start referring to them as being the same stone.
If that is not the most illogical way of thinking I do not know what is. Of coarse they have no problem claiming the 1k is identical, based on color I guess since they have not tired JNS 1k either. That is the dumbest thing ever, that is like saying Sigma power soft and hard are the same stone, just because the look the same.

Johnny.B.Good
12-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Its ok to guess, but make public announcement that they are same stones and publish it on they website its just to much.

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/917790/

Ken: "This is one of several 1000 grit stones available among the ******** Synthetic Japanese Waterstones. This particular one is part of the *** or plum series. Most notable for it's georgeous speckled pattern, it is a particularly beautiful stone that sharpens as well as it looks. ..."

CKTG: "Now THAT"S where I've seen that JNS 1000 stone! It's the *** 1K! Ha, it's on my shelf and I've been using it at home for the past week!!!! Guess I don't need a loaner after all. Nice video Ken. Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."

Edit: I probably should have sent this to you (Maxim) as a PM. I am happy to remove it if you wish.

Pensacola Tiger
12-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Maksim, when will you have more JNS 1000 in stock?

mainaman
12-29-2011, 04:48 PM
Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."
I am not sure I understand what he means by that. I never payed customs fees when I got stuff from abroad.

maxim
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
I must say i got a lot of request for JNS 1k because of these thread, witch was not my intention at all.
So i guess i need to say thanks to people that copy my stones name hehe.. :dontknow:

I never expected to sell so many synthetic stones, so my stock is very limited.
I get new stones next week with them there will be some JNS 1k :D And some very cool new Natural Red Aotos for knives.

maxim
12-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow man i did not have seen this one !
I glad that you posted it, it shows them in right light!

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/917790/

Ken: "This is one of several 1000 grit stones available among the ******** Synthetic Japanese Waterstones. This particular one is part of the *** or plum series. Most notable for it's georgeous speckled pattern, it is a particularly beautiful stone that sharpens as well as it looks. ..."

CKTG: "Now THAT"S where I've seen that JNS 1000 stone! It's the *** 1K! Ha, it's on my shelf and I've been using it at home for the past week!!!! Guess I don't need a loaner after all. Nice video Ken. Glad folks in the US can get this quality stone for less money without having to pay for customs and get free shipping to boot."

Edit: I probably should have sent this to you (Maxim) as a PM. I am happy to remove it if you wish.

stevenStefano
12-29-2011, 06:15 PM
I love how if anyone disagrees with Ken or Mark the mods step in. The attitude in those threads is unbelievable. Where is the professional courtesy?

Peco
12-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Funny thing is that they post to each other in public even though they could communicate in an easier way. I believe that Ken has a little corner on Mark's site.

WildBoar
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM

Wow, that sounds like bad infomercial dialog, where they pretend it is not scripted :nono:

TB_London
12-29-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm conscious to avoid debates around business ethics etc but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable, the focus should be on the individual merits, not claims based on the reputation of another's hard work and knowledge. Makes me perceive the ******** as a knock off jns, and knock off anything doesn't appeal to me.
The whole debacle leaves a bad taste

Dave Martell
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm said to say that none of this is news to me, different situation, same old story.

Johnny.B.Good
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm conscious to avoid debates around business ethics etc but something about this makes me feel uncomfortable, the focus should be on the individual merits, not claims based on the reputation of another's hard work and knowledge. Makes me perceive the ******** as a knock off jns, and knock off anything doesn't appeal to me.
The whole debacle leaves a bad taste

+1

If it were just the video "review" and something like, "this is a great stone at a great price that is comparable to anything you will find elsewhere, and fast and free shipping to boot!" I would have no problem with it. I am all for promotion, but not at the expense of others. It left a bad taste for me too.

Schtoo
12-29-2011, 10:10 PM
No he has never tried JNS 320 , he also accused me of claiming they were same stones, only to then start referring to them as being the same stone.
If that is not the most illogical way of thinking I do not know what is. Of coarse they have no problem claiming the 1k is identical, based on color I guess since they have not tired JNS 1k either. That is the dumbest thing ever, that is like saying Sigma power soft and hard are the same stone, just because the look the same.

Hey! Leave me out of this Mickey Mouse cr@p!

Stu.

maxim
12-30-2011, 06:34 AM
Ok guys i have the other stone on the way that is not my JNS 1000 :D
Will make comparison video when they arrive !

mainaman
12-30-2011, 09:13 AM
that is awesome

chefofthefuture
12-30-2011, 12:31 PM

I can't wait to see that.

You know what the funny thing would be if you backhanded them the way they backhanded you. Something along the lines of "Unlike this imitation stone that you can buy cheaper with free shipping and no customs fees..." It would be funny, but then you'd be no better than they are... I'd still laugh though.

bieniek
12-30-2011, 12:37 PM
Why wouldnt he be better??

It'd just be showing the truth to potential customers getting fouled around by that tvvat from CKTG.

And thats why I think its good idea to consider, wouldnt propably changer much unfortunately

maxim
12-30-2011, 12:46 PM
I will only show that they are not same stones. So i get one they sell and mine to make compression, Then we see who is a duck :D

DeepCSweede
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Can't wait to see the comparison Maxim.

Timthebeaver
12-30-2011, 03:54 PM
KF really is beyond a joke now. Such a pathetic staging/hijacking of a thread coupled with appaling behaviour from the main protagonists. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is invested in this community would purchase from such a source.

Cipcich
12-30-2011, 04:24 PM
A duck?

Marko Tsourkan
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I think he is referring to an expression "if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..." in relation to a claim that ******** 1K and JNS 1000 is the same stone. One of the posts had something along the line of "...They look, sound and cut the same. Pretty obvious to me" , though it is possible that Ken used duck analogy in some other thread.

M

chefofthefuture
12-30-2011, 04:36 PM
KF really is beyond a joke now. Such a pathetic staging/hijacking of a thread coupled with appaling behaviour from the main protagonists. I find it hard to believe that anyone who is invested in this community would purchase from such a source.

Certain people on KF can't stand criticisms or negative reviews. I find the whole thing ridiculous. They act just like lawyers - you don't have to prove yourself right, you just have to prove the other guy wrong; and if there is anything negative written or said about your case, you consult the judge to have it stricken from the record.

The truth of the matter is that we only understand and overcome our faults through the criticism and feedback of others.

The person who goes around saying their the best at this or that obviously hasn't had their product or skills put up to adequate competition, or worse... they just don't acknowledge competition in the first place.

steeley
12-30-2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.limepic.com/img/swedishchefbyhellion.jpg

well said .

heirkb
12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
that is awesome

+1. I love the way you're addressing all this crap, Maksim. Those guys are so full of it, I regret buying anything from CKTG.

mhlee
12-30-2011, 09:48 PM

Also, when you do the video, make sure to mispronounce the name of the other Japanese stone as horribly as Ken does.

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
I just got a funny email from someone telling me that I'm Ken's target again. This time he's posted a video for the 800x stone talking about a Mukimono knife that "a hack sharpener from Pennsylvania" screwed up. Ken writes on KF...

Third is a messed up single bevel kawamuki paring knife, messed up by a hack knife sharpener in Pennsylvania

So now here's my side of the story...

We were working together (at my house) to try to get his sharpening device prototype (AKA - his finished production model) to work correctly. That knife was screwed up by Ken's own hands on his own Gizmo device thing – not by me on an EdgePro and buffer like he stated. My only dealing with that knife was using it (after he whacked it out) to show him how his device fudged up the shinogi line and then I went to a leather belt to deburr it for him because he couldn’t get it to cut and he refused to admit it was a burr problem.

Anyway, I posted this here to add to the content already showing Ken for who he really is. In my opinion he tried to pass himself off as a surgeon when he first showed up in the community - and got owned in public on that, now he's supposed to be an expert knife sharpener and stone guru. People, take what he says with a grain of salt, it may not be the truth.

Peco
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
lol, those two guys (Mark and Ken) act like Laurel and Hardy.

maxim
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Haha he is a joke :D

mainaman
01-02-2012, 02:45 PM
here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

http://i56.tinypic.com/10xsmmg.jpg

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

http://i42.tinypic.com/1035pwg.jpg

I think that pretty much does it as far as credibility of this guy goes.

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Maybe his new stones would make those knives better? LOL :rofl2:

JohnnyChance
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Third is a messed up single bevel kawamuki paring knife, messed up by a hack knife sharpener in Pennsylvania

Technically Dave, he isn't lying. He was simply referring to himself and the fact that he was in PA when he messed up the knife. :D

Peco
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
here this is what Ken calls 8k Aoto finish (for the record Aoto does not get to 8k, only in Ken's world I guess)

here another of his masterpieces that went to a prominent member of another forum to get fixed;

W T F :shocked3: :eek2:

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Technically Dave, he isn't lying. He was simply referring to himself and the fact that he was in PA when he messed up the knife. :D

:lmao:

rulesnut
01-02-2012, 03:03 PM
That's the same thing Jon - he OWNS that place - mods included.
Back in the day, I complained about Ken and Mark. My post was immediately deleted.
When I complained about the deleted post, my post was deleted and I was immediately banned.
I re-registered and my posts were deleted and my IP address banned.
I re-registered under a different IP address and my posts were promptly deleted.
I gave up changing my IP address and have not been back since.
Ken and Mark pimp each others crappy products and the mods have their backs.

Anything I purchase now comes from reputable dealers like Maxim (and others on KKF, but I have only dealt with Maxim).

echerub
01-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Ho sh**, those knives are after he's done with them? Jeez. I'm still a learner and there's no way I'd "finish" my knives that way.

Timthebeaver
01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Its pretty clear that KF is/has become a shop window for cktg, populated almost entirely by a) fans who push the products and b) newbs who are dazzled by the glut of videos produced to peddle the wares.

bieniek
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, and he takes money for that bollocks??

Im sorry for showing that here, but this is how it can be done with just a 1k cheapo king stone....

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3030.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3036.jpg

And how it looks when dry

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3037.jpg

Just a bit of work and will...

Andrew H
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
I'd laugh at him, but that's probably how my single bevels would turn out. :doublebanghead:

Oh wait, I'm not a professional sharpener:haha4:

Peco
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, and he takes money for that bollocks??

Im sorry for showing that here, but this is how it can be done with just a 1k cheapo king stone....

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3030.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3036.jpg

And how it looks when dry

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m310/carl00s/101_3037.jpg

Just a bit of work and will...

Almost look the same to me .................................................. .................................................. .................... just kidding :D Nice job!

bieniek
01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Almost look the same to me .......................

Haha cause its the same knife :):)

Twistington
01-02-2012, 03:49 PM

That was the worst finish i have ever seen! My Suehiro Cerax 400 leaves a smoother finish... well at least not far from. :scared4:

bieniek : :thumbsup:

Marko Tsourkan
01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
What amazes me is that some things are just too obvious to miss, like the finish on a gyuto purportedly polished by sword polisher. I don't get this type of business model.

M

EdipisReks
01-02-2012, 04:22 PM

he actually shipped that **** to people? that bottom one, especially, is what it should look like after about 5 minutes on a King 800. what happened to the other 2 hours, and multiple stones, following that first 5 minutes?

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 06:41 PM
That's precision for ya! :lol2:

mainaman
01-02-2012, 06:49 PM
he actually shipped that **** to people? that bottom one, especially, is what it should look like after about 5 minutes on a King 800. what happened to the other 2 hours, and multiple stones, following that first 5 minutes?
the top one is just his interpretation of Aoto that provides 8k finish. I asked for pics of the finish and that is what he showed me. Aoto can't give 8k finish because it is too soft for that, not to mention the bevel is so messed up one can;t even tell where the Aoto finish is in the whole mess. Those are the Tanaba Aotos he sells from Tanaka by the way.
The second knife is actual customers knife that he worked on and sent out, that KCMA had to later fix because it looked like crap.

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Do you guys remember that new Doi kiritsuke that he put a natural stone finish on for CKTG? :clown:

Dave Martell
01-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Getting back to the subject, I'm trying to figure out what he/they think this kind of thing gets them? I mean why even bring up any of this crap when you're trying to showcase a new product you're bringing to market? None of this is positive and does no good for your cause.

Peco
01-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Obviously they don't have the brains to figure that out.

schanop
01-02-2012, 08:34 PM
And why do they sharpen knives on the reverse side like that? right hand blade being hold by left hand and edge away from sharpener, single bevel knife in particular. With the motion he is using, it is very unlikely that he and get anywhere close to even scratch pattern on the bevel.

rahimlee54
01-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Man I just caught up on this thread. I can't believe what they are saying. Those knives he shipped are unacceptable for sure. Wow.

maxim
01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Its only explanes why they will steel my stone name, they own reputation seems to be pretty bad. They got more then 20 random stones (stones they did not even test ) from different brands and put they own stamp on them, now they need to get attention and good name for them.
Very bad busines strategy !!
Thats why these guys are jokes to me. I think i will just ignore them in the future and not recommend them to anyone.

mainaman
01-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Do you guys remember that new Doi kiritsuke that he put a natural stone finish on for CKTG? :clown:
yes I do it was so bad... wonder who payed 500+ bucks for that ???

Johnny.B.Good
01-02-2012, 09:56 PM
Video: 15:05

Ken: "You do have to be careful about some of the knife sharpeners out there...I won't mention names."

heirkb
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Woah, those stones are from random brands? Anyone see a desperate attempt at making a high end line like the Gesshins in all this?

maxim
01-02-2012, 10:20 PM
And those knives from sword polisher :eyebrow: Witch looks to me finished on 60 grit belt sander

heirkb
01-03-2012, 02:05 AM
I remember looking at those knives. I figured I was missing something, but I guess they are that bad.

maxim
01-03-2012, 04:14 PM
1k JNS test

guess witch is mine :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQwul9U7g8&feature=plcp&context=C36afd94UDOEgsToPDskK6vm24o-RjlnJcdQxBTTye

For those who thinks, if they are same color, then it is same stone or performance :rofl2:

mainaman
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
It is clear which is which stone #1 is JNS, stone #2 Nabutama, now if they claim they are the same stone then guess who is the fool?

TB_London
01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Nice demo

heirkb
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Next they'll see your video and ask you to sharpen on a scale to make sure that your pressure is the same on both stones :rofl2:

TB_London
01-03-2012, 04:57 PM
Next they'll see your video and ask you to sharpen on a scale to make sure that your pressure is the same on both stones :rofl2:

Haha i reckon he either swapped knives off camera, or added some CBN to the first stone :D

Peco
01-03-2012, 06:12 PM
That knife is a bad little mf ... you tried to kill it on several stones - still it holds up :D Nice video, makes things very clear ;)

99Limited
01-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Who's snoring in the background? :lol2:

Peco
01-03-2012, 06:42 PM
:That was not snorring, it was Maxim imitating/mimic Ken when sharpening on the fake stone :O

maxim
01-03-2012, 06:48 PM
:rofl2:

BTW got some JNS 1k in stock again !!! (http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=119)

Peco
01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Back in stock ... So now you got one you don't need anymore - slightly used I guess :razz:

Marko Tsourkan
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
What will you do about the other 1K?

maxim
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Just kip it for referens :)

Marko Tsourkan
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
What do you think of it?

maxim
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM
I like both stones, but when i should choose witch one i will sell, i choosed mine

schanop
01-08-2012, 04:24 PM
He's got three new videos showing a standard hardness, a hard, and an extra hard version of the stone.