PDA

View Full Version : How do I attach photos

Peco
12-27-2011, 12:18 PM
so they can be viewed in full size? I usually link to photobucket but would like the pics to show here!

Peco
12-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Guess I found out :D

BobCat
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Guess I found out :D

Please tell me! My pics are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to correct that.

Pensacola Tiger
04-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Please tell me! My pics are thumbnail sized and I don't know how to correct that.

You can either reference the photo URL if it is stored in Photobucket, or upload the file from your computer.

In Photobucket, when you mouse over a photo, a dropdown of URLs will appear. I copy the bottom URL, the one marked IMG code, and paste that into my post. The drawback is that the photo appears full size in your post, and can slow down the loading of the page for others if you post too many of them.

If you have photos on your computer, click the Insert Image icon in the reply window, select the "From Computer" tab, and click the Select files button. Navigate to your photos on your computer, select one or more of them and click on the upload button. The files will be uploaded to the KKF webserver and the HTML for your pics will be inserted in your post automatically. The photos will display as thumbnails until they are clicked, and then will be displayed in a popup window. The drawback here is that you have a finite amount of space to upload your photos, and once you hit the limit, you'll have to delete older ones to upload new ones.

Hope this helps.

Rick

BobCat
04-21-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks Rick!

Dieter01
05-19-2012, 03:12 AM
In my posting permissions it sais "You may not post attachments". Can this be changed through settings?

TB_London
05-19-2012, 08:20 AM
In my posting permissions it sais "You may not post attachments". Can this be changed through settings?

I think you have to be a paying member to get that permission

Dieter01
05-19-2012, 09:40 AM
I've been thinking about supporting the site, so much great information here!

That said... I'm quite surprised. I see how bandwidth, storage and cost are associated. Pictures are such an essential part of communicating on a forum though that I would have liked to see it as a standard option.

Pensacola Tiger
05-19-2012, 09:47 AM
I've been thinking about supporting the site, so much great information here!

That said... I'm quite surprised. I see how bandwidth, storage and cost are associated. Pictures are such an essential part of communicating on a forum though that I would have liked to see it as a standard option.

Posting photos as attachments isn't the only method. Upload your photos to Photobucket and link to them. All it involves is one extra step.

The nice thing about attachments is that they show as thumbnails until you click on them, which helps if you are viewing the post from a slow internet connection.

Rick

Dieter01
05-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Since I will probably stick around here I made a small donation using the button at the top of the forums. Not sure what it takes to be considered a paying member but its a start :-)

Pensacola Tiger
05-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Since I will probably stick around here I made a small donation using the button at the top of the forums. Not sure what it takes to be considered a paying member but its a start :-)

To subscribe (and get the ability to upload photos) click on "Settings" (upper right corner of the page next to "Log Out") and then on "Paid Subscriptions" under "My Settings" in the lower left of the page.

Dieter01
05-19-2012, 02:50 PM

That worked... Thanks :-)

Pensacola Tiger
05-19-2012, 03:01 PM

That worked... Thanks :-)

Dave will probably add his thanks, but thank you for supporting KKF.

Rick

Dieter01
05-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I just tried posting a picture in the Food and Drink sub-forum. For some reason I am not allowed to (the posting permissions at the bottom of the page sais "You may not post attachments). However, back in this subforum everything looks good...

I tried logging in / out and deleting cookies. No change. Could there be something wrong or is it me?

Crothcipt
05-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I think you need 50 posts to become a senior member. Then that should be fine. I could be very wrong about this too. I just remember 50 being a milestone.

Dieter01
05-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Really? Whats the logic behind that? I love this forum but geez its hard to know how it works and how you get various permissions. I read all the FAQ's, forum rules etc but the info is a bit limited.

Pensacola Tiger
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Really? Whats the logic behind that? I love this forum but geez its hard to know how it works and how you get various permissions. I read all the FAQ's, forum rules etc but the info is a bit limited.

The 50 message threshold applies for posting in B/S/T.

Send a PM to Dave or one of the mods, as your permissions may need to be reset.

Rick

Dave Martell
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
I just tried posting a picture in the Food and Drink sub-forum. For some reason I am not allowed to (the posting permissions at the bottom of the page sais "You may not post attachments). However, back in this subforum everything looks good...

I tried logging in / out and deleting cookies. No change. Could there be something wrong or is it me?

I found a setting in the permissions that wasn't correct but it's been fixed so you should be all set now.

Thanks for your support! :)

Dave

Dieter01
05-22-2012, 05:30 PM
Cool, thanks for helping out! Perhaps it would be a good thing to include information on this in the FAQ?

:-)