PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up forum view

DwarvenChef
01-21-2012, 04:09 AM
I don't know what happened but now I have every post as a scroll window but only half a line is visable. Where is the problem? I can't read a single page or post.

Johnny.B.Good
01-21-2012, 04:14 AM
No problems here...

Twistington
01-21-2012, 04:28 AM
What browser are you using?

DwarvenChef
01-21-2012, 09:52 AM
windows, I can't even make out what Johnny posted

it's only happening here, no other forums are tweeking on me

Mingooch
01-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Dwarven, I had that too for several days.

zitangy
01-21-2012, 11:00 AM
windows, I can't even make out what Johnny posted

it's only happening here, no other forums are tweeking on me

would help if you specify which which OS( opprating System), if Windows.. which version XP, Windows 7 adn teh browser that you are using.. I had severe headaches with Firefox as it cuases Windows to crash with a Blue Screen. Seems to do better with chrome and Opera browsers...

SInce we are on teh subject.. a regular house cleaning ( for PC is in order) go to www.ninite.com adn download the prog "Ccleaner" . run it as it will delete all teh temporary files and cache history is has been there for ages. YOU will be surprised that teh amount of "crap" can be a few hundred megabytes! All these is bogging your PC down..

Whilst at it.. you may want to download defraggler.. another shareware which will defrag your hard disk.

Btw.. Ninite is a portal where you can download all the shareware.. just click all teh shareware you want adn it will download all that you desire adn install all of them at one go . Great when you have to reformat or have a new PC..

Have fun..

rgds

Dave Martell
01-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi Shawn, I just checked IE on my PC and it's OK. Can you try cleaning cookies/cache in your browser and see what happens?

WildBoar
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
No problems on Windows Vista/ ie9 at home, or XP/ ie8 at work.

Vertigo
01-21-2012, 01:33 PM
What browser are you using?

windows
Gah! Flashback to my former career in tech support. BRB, taking an asprin! :shocked3:

sachem allison
01-21-2012, 01:53 PM
heah!

sachem allison
01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Gah! Flashback to my former career in tech support. BRB, taking an asprin! :shocked3:
heah! you better check out the carter 280mm sujihiki thread. we have questions.:bat::dontknow::razz:

ejd53
01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
I have no problems. Running Firefox on Windows 7.

DwarvenChef
01-22-2012, 02:54 AM
Sorry if I'm not computer savy, not my main interest.

I have defragged and use CCleaner and it's updated. As I said it is only happening here, no where else. I delete cookies regularly and it's still happening and only here.

Dave Martell
01-22-2012, 03:13 AM
This sucks and I wish I could somehow help but I have no idea why this is happening or what I could do....sorry

DwarvenChef
01-22-2012, 03:24 AM
Found it.

Seems when my daughter changed how large the screen view was it really messed up how this system reacted to it. When I enlarged it so I could read it, the problem went away. I tested it and sure enough as I shrank the window (ctrl and wheel rotation) the jacked up text and scroll problems came back.

That was a serious bugger... but it's back to normal now... lets see for how long.