PDA

View Full Version : NYC Food Show

ThEoRy
02-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Anyone else going tomorrow? These things aren't usually my thing but I'm going tomorrow to look at products we could possibly use for the Barclays tournament. I may do something else while I'm there, haven't decided yet. Maybe go to Korin or something IDK, depends on time.

ThEoRy
03-01-2011, 08:55 PM
So I was in the Javits center today at the food show. Anyone else attend?

Jim
03-01-2011, 09:22 PM
So I was in the Javits center today at the food show. Anyone else attend?

Anything exciting?

ecchef
03-01-2011, 11:55 PM
True World Foods now sells knives. :confused:

ThEoRy
03-02-2011, 07:22 PM
True World Foods now sells knives. :confused:

Yeah they had Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef stuff on hand but in my eyes they were way over priced. I mean a honesuki was like $630!! I'm not spending $600 on a friggin beater knife.

They were slicing up some bluefin tuna. I believe I had the belly portion. Served with a light dressing of soy and freshly grated real wasabi. Very delicious. The tuna was just so buttery it was really unbelievable. I actually took a picture of the booth with those huge display knives. I'll put em up later.

Dave Martell
03-02-2011, 10:13 PM
I actually took a picture of the booth with those huge display knives. I'll put em up later.

yes please do. :)

ecchef
03-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Yeah they had Sakai Takayuki Grand Chef stuff on hand but in my eyes they were way over priced. I mean a honesuki was like $630!! I'm not spending $600 on a friggin beater knife.

They were slicing up some bluefin tuna. I believe I had the belly portion. Served with a light dressing of soy and freshly grated real wasabi. Very delicious. The tuna was just so buttery it was really unbelievable. I actually took a picture of the booth with those huge display knives. I'll put em up later.

Yeah, I did that on Monday. Pretty damned good! Did you stay for the ike-jime demo too?

ThEoRy
03-03-2011, 01:46 AM
No I didn't get to see that. Would have been interesting though. Here's the pic from the display case of show knives.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t193/RickTheory/3-2-2011024.jpg

That case was like 4 feet tall! lol

Dave Martell
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
Colin ain't got nothing on those knives. :P