PDA

View Full Version : Random...and I mean Random Trade

Lefty
02-01-2012, 03:04 PM
I have a Sabatier Nogent 10" chef knife that could become available for the right item. I've fixed it up a fair bit, grinding the finger guard back and narrowing the guard up/rounding its sharp edges.
I'm looking to get a Soprano Kala or Lanikai ukulele (my other, other hobby). If anyone here happens to have one/know someone who does, I'm interested in a trade. Weird, I know! Haha
I'll attach pics if anyone is interested.
There's a good chance the knife will be in Florida soonish, so it might ship out of the US.
Thanks guys!

Deckhand
02-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Tempting but Jake Shimabikuro and brutha IZ would be mad at me : ) When I am rich I want a original Kamaka painted pineapple. I had a tiki flea, and a pineapple kamaka. Not weird they are fun. So are blues harmonicas.

Lefty
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM
So, is that a no? :D

Deckhand
02-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Yep. Sorry ;( And good luck!

Johnny.B.Good
02-01-2012, 03:52 PM
It's a no for me too, but how about some pictures of that Nogent chef's anyway? ;)

My 10" chef's arrived from TBT last night and is going to require the same work that you put in on yours. I want to see what it should look like when I'm finished!

Lefty
02-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Dang!
I'm eyeing a Kala KA-S pineapple, myself. Talk about buttery smooth, deep tones!
I wish you still ha the Kamaka and wanted to trade it for a French chef's knife. Haha.
As of right now, my dream uke is a concert KoAloha, but sopranos are so dang cute ;)

Deckhand
02-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Dang!
I'm eyeing a Kala KA-S pineapple, myself. Talk about buttery smooth, deep tones!
I wish you still ha the Kamaka and wanted to trade it for a French chef's knife. Haha.
As of right now, my dream uke is a concert KoAloha, but sopranos are so dang cute ;)
Good luck on your dream Ukelele mine was a kamaka made just like Jakes. They had a drawing for the limited production just to buy one. Mine name wasn't drawn ;( koaloha has a good sound.

Mattias504
02-03-2012, 01:12 AM
Any interest in selling the Sab? I sold my 4* Elephant a couple of years ago and miss it every day.

Lefty
02-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Matt, I'm in a bit of a pickle (did he just write that?). I just picked this knife up about a month ago, and it's partly because I have a love for Sabs that goes back a little while. I kinda got dinged with "handling fees", otherwise I'd likely ask $65 for it just to get my money back I wouldn't feel right asking $80, but a trade for a knife (or uke!!!) would likely work.
Let me know.

Lefty
02-03-2012, 05:04 AM
I guess I'd be interested in a Tanaka, or another nice nakiri. Ok, I'll shut up now.

Mattias504
02-03-2012, 12:13 PM
No worries. If you decide to sell it, I'd be interested. :)

Lefty
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Ok guys, as much as I should love this knife, it's just not for me. I'm not a 10" chef knife guy. I have a 240mm that I actually use, so I figure this one deserves a good home. Two this size doesn't make sense for me.
I'll take some pics tomorrow and post for your viewing pleasure.
So, here's what I'm after: either $75, shipped, but just normal shipping with insurance. Or, a decent nakiri, preferably carbon OR, throw a trade offer at me.
Thanks again guys!

brainsausage
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Hmmm... I've always wanted to try out a Sab. Can't wait to see the pics, I might just be tempted to grab this... #neverenoughknives