PDA

View Full Version : extremely rare one of a kind stone

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 05:31 PM
This is something extremely rare and beautiful. I have searched for years around the world and was always one rumor away from finding it. Once every four or five years I would see a photo or read and article with a little tiny mention of it, never any details.:eyebrow: a few months ago I finally got in contact with a guy who knew a guy who was sleeping with some other guys sister........... and so forth, who owned a mine in a country formerly known as b???a. We corresponded and after working out some trades and creative financing, they cut me a custom made stone out of solid jadeite. It came while I was in the hospital and nobody told me about it. I found it today sitting on the floor with a bunch of boxes ready to go out to the garbage.:bat: :)I opened it and thought I might have another heart attack :eek2:it is beautiful. I haven;t used it yet and probably won't. It is a nice mottled green, matt finish estimate 10k-12k if you can measure that. 200mmx 50mmx 25 mm. Here is the kicker, I am going to have to sell her to pay for my meds. Deep sigh! :sad0:$450 shipped. You probably will never find one in your lifetime and neither will I. Deep sigh:sad0: well here you go, new never used.

NO ChoP!
02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Ummm......wow; just wow!!!!!!!

Candlejack
02-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Completely off topic here.. but i feel for you man. Healthcare in the US seems like a pile of bull.. but perhaps i'm just getting "princessed" by our government.. as much as we whine about ours.

One sexy stone, one really, really sexy stone. As the person above, extremely wowed by it.

JohnnyChance
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Can I make a handle out of it and then sharpen my other knives on it in a pinch?

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Can I make a handle out of it and then sharpen my other knives on it in a pinch?

I imagine you could. that would be cool.

Crothcipt
02-07-2012, 06:46 PM
:wow:um I so think that 450 seems cheap, and out of my league. but what do I know jaw dropping wow:ubersexy::notworthy::thumbsup2:

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
:wow:um I so think that 450 seems cheap, and out of my league. but what do I know jaw dropping wow:ubersexy::notworthy::thumbsup2:

it is cheap, but I gotta move it. Time and drug pushers wait for no man.

DeepCSweede
02-07-2012, 07:17 PM
it is cheap, but I gotta move it. Time and drug pushers wait for no man.

Daddy needs his Pills...
Wish I could help you out by taking that beautiful rock off your hands. It's a bear that you go through all that work to get it and have to give it up right away. I really feel for you, hell I really feel for me for not being able to get it :biggrin:

SpikeC
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM
That is amazing.

EdipisReks
02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
That is amazing.

x2

SpikeC
02-07-2012, 07:54 PM
I've never heard of using jadeite as an abrasive. How would it work for that?

Justin0505
02-07-2012, 08:22 PM
I read an article where someone was testing toughness / wear resistance of this stuff and they put it in rock tumbler with steel and some other tough stuff and everything was turned to sludge except for the jadeite.

So, I'm guessing that this thing wouldn't produce any mud. Maybe it would be more similar to a very fine glass stone or diamond plate than a jnat?

Really, I think that Son should just take it for a spin and post picturess/video :)

SpikeC
02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
More like a fine arky, then?

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 08:35 PM
the thing is is Jadeite isn't particularly hard, but it is incredibly tough and wear resistant because of it's structural make up. They used to use it to make swords, daggers and axes. not as tough as nephrite jade because the structure is different, but the two stones are regarded as the toughest on earth. It has the translucency and feeling of a novaculite.

Eamon Burke
02-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Would this stuff make fantastic nagura?

mainaman
02-07-2012, 09:30 PM
how is this different than jade or is it the same stone?

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 09:56 PM
how is this different than jade or is it the same stone?

There are two stones that are recognized as true jade, nephrite also called old jade or fat jade which is considered the toughest stone on earth and jadeite which in super fine quality is the most expensive gemstone in the world. This one is Jadeite jade also called Burma jade or new jade, but not gem quality.

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Would this stuff make fantastic nagura?

I really don't know, I have never used a nagura stone.

SpikeC
02-07-2012, 10:05 PM
I think that this would be a place where the nagura would be used on this stone. The nagura adds abrasive to the working surface. The natural structure of this stone would hold those abrasive particles so that could work on the blade, without grinding the surface of the jadeite down.

Johnny.B.Good
02-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Sachem,

That is a wild stone. Beautiful.

Sorry you have to let it go, but happy you are still with us.

-Johnny

Wagstaff
02-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Is that from Myanmar? I now have THREE friends there.... but they don't know a damn thing about knives or stones or...

Anyway, that story if freaking amazing and sad. I hope your health improves "impossibly" well and quickly!

Johnny.B.Good
02-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Anyway, that story if freaking amazing and sad. I hope your health improves "impossibly" well and quickly!

+1

If you didn't live 3,000 miles away, I would pay $500 up front for some cooking lessons so you could hang onto that stone.

Hate that you have to sell it but hope you find a buyer quickly.

tk59
02-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Wow. You get your hands on a lot of cool stuff, Son.

slowtyper
02-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I say keep the rock. Post up some kitchen tips / tricks / cool ideas once a week when you have time and i'll ship 20 bones to a paypal account. I'm sure other some other members (hopefully more generous and more...employed...than me) will do the same

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Is that from Myanmar? I now have THREE friends there.... but they don't know a damn thing about knives or stones or...

I can not confirm or deny, that this piece of perfectly legal B@#$a Jadeite originated in said country.

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 11:51 PM
+1

If you didn't live 3,000 miles away, I would pay $500 up front for some cooking lessons so you could hang onto that stone.

Hate that you have to sell it but hope you find a buyer quickly.
Well, thank you, but I have finally learned over these last five years that they are just things and that they have no hold over me. At least I got to finally touch one.haha.

sachem allison
02-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Wow. You get your hands on a lot of cool stuff, Son.

you don't know the half of it, you should of seen the stuff I would get when I was running guns. people would trade you just about anything for a gun.

tkern
02-07-2012, 11:57 PM
6 Angus ribeyes (that fell off the back of a truck) for a walther ppk?

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 12:00 AM
oh, I meant collecting guns. Yeah, that's it.

Justin0505
02-08-2012, 12:02 AM
jadeite toughness:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/wj/jadejewelry/Jadeite.tough.html
"You will find that when cutting Nephrite and Jadeite, Jadeite takes longer and wears the cutting material more. Jadeite can be used to shape Nephrite tools, whereas Nephrite is useless against Jadeite. Put Jadeite and Nephrite, steel, and Quartz in a tumbler, I have. The Nephrite, steel, and Quartz will be ground to about half their respective mass, whereas Jadeite looses only a small fraction."

Hardness:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadeite
According to wiki, it has a hardness of 6.5 - 7, which puts it up in the range of some fairly hard stuff like quartz.

So, I have no question as to the theoretical ability of the stuff to abrade steel, but I don't know enough about the microscopic crystalline structure to be able to tell how it actually works or what the scratch pattern would look like. The only jade that I've ever held was in jewelery or art an it was polished very smoothly.

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 12:04 AM
6 Angus ribeyes (that fell off the back of a truck) for a walther ppk?

This is New York, I used to get a knock at the back door of My kitchen and a guy in an Armani suit and driving a Mercedes would notify me that I would be buying my meat from them. He would pop the trunk and I would have the best cuts you ever saw at half the price. Ribeyes and they seemed to like Browning Hi powers. Ah I miss those days.

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 12:14 AM
jadeite toughness:
http://webspace.webring.com/people/wj/jadejewelry/Jadeite.tough.html
"You will find that when cutting Nephrite and Jadeite, Jadeite takes longer and wears the cutting material more. Jadeite can be used to shape Nephrite tools, whereas Nephrite is useless against Jadeite. Put Jadeite and Nephrite, steel, and Quartz in a tumbler, I have. The Nephrite, steel, and Quartz will be ground to about half their respective mass, whereas Jadeite looses only a small fraction."

Hardness:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadeite
According to wiki, it has a hardness of 6.5 - 7, which puts it up in the range of some fairly hard stuff like quartz.

So, I have no question as to the theoretical ability of the stuff to abrade steel, but I don't know enough about the microscopic crystalline structure to be able to tell how it actually works or what the scratch pattern would look like. The only jade that I've ever held was in jewelery or art an it was polished very smoothly.
I have seen jade sharpening stones made by the maya, chinese, Inuits and the maori. I know it works, but the key is not to over polish the stone before use, otherwise it is like sharpening on glass. I would rough up the surface with a diamond plate or some high grit emery, so that you can get a bite. This stone is smooth but it does have some surface texture, albeit extremely texture. Similar to frosted glass.

Jade, Jadeite and Nephrite

Jade is actually 2 different minerals: nephrite and jadeite. Learn why jadeite is the more valuable form of jade.

Jade is one of the oldest gemstones known, with a history stretching back more than 7,000 years. But it was only in 1863 that gemologists discovered that jade is in fact two separate and quite distinct minerals: nephrite and jadeite. Though it can be difficult to tell them apart just by looking, the two varieties differ both in chemical composition and crystal structure. Experts can often detect nephrite by its lower translucency and luster. Nephrite tends to have a resinous luster, while jadeite is more vitreous.

Nephrite is by far the more common form of jade. Nephrite ranges in color from mid to dark green or grey-green, but it can also be white, yellowish or reddish. Nephrite is slightly softer than jadeite -- nephrite is 6 to 6.5 on the Mohs scale, while jadeite is 6.5 to 7. They have quite different chemical compositions as well: nephrite is a calcium magnesium iron silicate while jadeite is a sodium aluminum silicate. As a result, the two minerals also have different densities. Jadeite has a density of 3.30-3.38 while nephrite is less dense at 2.90-3.03.

The two varieties of jade also have different crystal structures. While jadeite's structure is an arrangement of grainy crystals, nephrite is made up of fibrous crystals that interlock in a matted texture. These densely packed and interwoven fibers are extremely resistant to fracturing. So while jadeite is the denser and harder jade, nephrite is actually the tougher of the two.

zitangy
02-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Pm sent earlier.. KIndly respond..

rgds
D

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Pm sent earlier.. KIndly respond..

rgds
D
My mailbox is empty, I haven't recieved any pm's. Yours however is completely full and won't except any new ones. :D
Try me again and I will definitely get back to you.
Thanks, son

zitangy
02-08-2012, 01:42 AM
Pm sent again.. thanks..

Lefty
02-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I know the whole Burke Donation thing didn't work out, but can't we figure something out for Son? This is reallybugging me that a guy who is clearly a GOOD guy has to sell his stuff because of the lack of good health care in the US.
If we can do anything, I'll happily be the first to donate for one or our friends in the community.
Sorry Son, I hope I'm not overstepping here....

WildBoar
02-08-2012, 06:21 PM
^^ One easy and direct method would be to PayPal donations directly. Son, do you have a PayPal account set up? If not, are you willing to do so?

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 06:26 PM
I appreciate all the love guys, But I'm all right. My doctor says to me to bad your not an illegal alien or homeless because all this would be free. I have lots of stuff and it no longer has a hold on me, so I can let it go freely. No donations please, the best thing you guys could do for me is get yourselves checked out, i mean really checked out and stay healthy. Because I know most of you aren't, I've seen the pictures and this **** sneaks up on you and puts you on your ass quick.

sachem allison
02-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm looking into changing my name to Juan Manuel Felipe Ignacio Garcia, I think it has a nice ring to it.

DeepCSweede
02-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm looking into changing my name to Juan Manuel Felipe Ignacio Garcia, I think it has a nice ring to it.

Sure beats Princess Bananahamock :bigeek:

That is why people appreciate you Son -You have a great sense of humor and perspective - Keep it up.

Candlejack
02-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, and you seem like a really really good guy, with lots of experiance i'd love to hear more about. You seem like a real interesting person.

Lefty
02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Fine. I might buy one of your vintage blades then.

Deckhand
02-08-2012, 09:20 PM
^^ One easy and direct method would be to PayPal donations directly. Son, do you have a PayPal account set up? If not, are you willing to do so?

If he changes his mind I will donate. Had to sell everything twice in life no fun.

memorael
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Sorry Son, that one is taken you can try Elber Gonzalez that one I am sure isn't.:rofl2:

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 01:37 AM
how about omar diaz? i always wanted to be an omar.

hax9215
02-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Speaking as a heart patient myself, I understand, facing our own mortality really gives one a different perspective. Speaking as another old guy I have great respect for your concern for the younger guys, and this is not the first time I have noticed it. Take care, bro.

Keith Neal
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I can't tell from the posts if it has been sold or not. If not, I will buy it, with the provision that I will not sell it and you can buy it back sometime in the future if you wish. Let me know.

Keith

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Speaking as a heart patient myself, I understand, facing our own mortality really gives one a different perspective. Speaking as another old guy I have great respect for your concern for the younger guys, and this is not the first time I have noticed it. Take care, bro.

Thanks. I am trying it isn't always easy.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 01:10 PM
I can't tell from the posts if it has been sold or not. If not, I will buy it, with the provision that I will not sell it and you can buy it back sometime in the future if you wish. Let me know.

Keith

Thanks, Keith i appreciate that. I think I may have a buyer, we are finalizing everything now. If anything changes I will let you know
son

Chef Niloc
02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I got a check up for the 1st time in 5 or 6 years. My cholesterol was 340 so the doctor suggested diet and exercise. My diet has never been too bad worst things is I like cream in my coffee and a banana milkshake about once a week, mostly fish and salad. I use to exercise more then I do now but I'm no couch potato, I'm 6' and 185lb. Anyway works slow this time of year so I hit the gym hard again and cleaned up my diet. Made a big enough difference that people noticed, even got asked if I was juicing. So 2 weeks ago I went for some follow up blood work. Doctor even sad "wow you been hitting the gym"? Guess what cholesterol still 340!
The reason for the long story is I was very discouraged and very pissed off B/C she put me on that dam lipitor pill that costs more then cocaine. Knowing what you been threw I guess it's worth the money? My Dad had his 1st bypass surgery at 44 and died of a hart attack at 50, I'm almost 39 now.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 02:55 PM
my father had his first at 58 and has had 12 total. my mother has had three mini strokes. My first two heart attacks were at 33 and then i had a stroke that same year. Then this heart attack and judging by the symptoms and hindsight I may have had 3 more. I have have been shot twice, blown up twice,Involved in a massive chemical spill, stab several times, rolled my truck 800 feet down a mountain without breaking a single bone, had three heart attacks, possibly six, one stroke, cut off two fingers,triple bypass and two stents in the last ten years.
I don't smoke, barely drink, no drugs. I walk six miles everyday, don't eat much read meat. i eat a mostly vegetable and whole grain diet with some fish or chicken. no junk food, no high fructose corn syrup. still fat at 5'6" 235#. I only eat one meal a day at 2am and that's one of the problems The other problem is I sleep about 3 hours a day. Watch that lipitor, they took me off of it because it was giving me psychotic episodes( I was walking around thinking about killing small children and animals, more then usual). good luck with the cholesterol. me new drugs are over $1800 a month and that's not all of them. lack of insurance do to preexisting is a *****

Peco
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Quite a history you got ...

Johnny.B.Good
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Why have so many tried (and failed) to kill you Son?

You seem like a nice enough fellow to me. ;)

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Quite a history you got ...
my bosses jokingly called me bullet proof for years, one year at the company christmas party I was presented with a real purple heart, for wounds recieved during the call of duty. I had to refuse it, because that wasn't right, that's for heroes.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Why have so many tried (and failed) to kill you Son?

You seem like a nice enough fellow to me. ;)

I always say God keeps me around for comic relief. I can't figure if my timing is really, really good or really, really bad. There have been times if I was a centimeter closer or a few seconds faster or slower that I wouldn't have made it, by the same token if it went the other way nothing would have happened to me at all. It's not that I live an extraordinary or interesting life, it's just that I have been part of an extraordinary strange and unique set of circumstances over the years. I actually have a pretty boring life. I need a girl friend!
I am nice, now. I don't remember much about who I was before the first set of heart attacks and stroke. People who knew me then said that I am not the same person and that is for the better, most don't get into details, but I was a son of a ***** and I did some very not nice things for some very not nice people in my youth, apparently. They call me "the kinder gentler son". I don't ask too many questions as I have discovered that the past sometimes belongs there. On the plus side I have lots of unusual contacts from all over the world and unique sets of skills that come out during high stress situations that I never knew I had.lol Mac Gyver?

Johnny.B.Good
02-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Son = Jason Bourne

tkern
02-09-2012, 04:25 PM
The answer seems clear. You need to eat more pork products while diving out of airplanes and firing off rounds at soviet MIGs and lighting a cigar off their afterburn.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Son = Jason Bourne

nothing like that, yet.haha! who know's though.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 04:32 PM
The answer seems clear. You need to eat more pork products while diving out of airplanes and firing off rounds at soviet MIGs and lighting a cigar off their afterburn.
I have jumped out of a plane rather quickly :running:once and I smoke cubans:O once in a great while. I don't think :scratchhead:that i have shot at anything in years. most of those blown up shooting things happened in my normal life.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I have jumped out of a plane rather quickly :running:once and I smoke cubans:O once in a great while. I don't think :scratchhead:that i have shot at anything in years. most of those blown up shooting things happened in my normal life.
All of your stories bring back a lot of memories for me I used to "collect" Cuban cigars for people that "appeared" a lot like Schwarzenegger and Stallone. :biggrin: as well as many other interesting people. Cohiba,Partagas, Montecristos, etc. Kiss on the cheek in suit types everybody is a cousin. My favorite quote was you are nothin but a soldier and you are an eyeblink away from becoming a memory a friend said to a bank robber that owed me money. That guy could tell me what I did all week without seeing me. Walther PPK someone mentioned my friend had I liked my scandium SW342PD.
I enjoy the memories, but didn't like looking over my shoulder. I have a beautiful wife, four kids and a dog. My buddy with the Walther lives in Florida with his wife and kids. Both of us prefer the boring family life now. I became a drug and alcohol counselor and nurse. Started helping people instead of being a tornado.I have been sober since June 18, 1989.
I really empathize with your health you seem like a great guy. Hope it improves.

tkern
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
This thread is quickly become the plot to the third installment of "The Expendables" series.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 05:00 PM
This thread is quickly become the plot to the third installment of "The Expendables" series.Lol

Lefty
02-09-2012, 05:34 PM
And I'm loving it!

WildBoar
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Man, I hate fish, and do not wish it upon anybody (sorry all you sushi overs :O), but Son I think you might need to starting eating some on a regular basis. And please, please, please find a way to eat 4-5 times each day. We need you here for the long term to keep this BBS interesting :spankarse:

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Man, I hate fish, and do not wish it upon anybody (sorry all you sushi overs :O), but Son I think you might need to starting eating some on a regular basis. And please, please, please find a way to eat 4-5 times each day. We need you here for the long term to keep this BBS interesting :spankarse:

I dislike most fish too, growing up in Oregon we pretty much ate fish 3 times a day unless it was venison or elk, (whicH i love) because that's all we could afford on my dad'd navy salary. To this day I can't stand the smell of salmon. I'm trying, I swear.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 05:45 PM

Please daddy don't hit me no mo, I be good! I promise!

tkern
02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Dave, good to know about you dislike of fish. I'm glad I didn't fish course you when you came in for dinner. The first time my g/f's family came into my restaurant a couple years ago we had a heavy fish-based menu. So upon their 6ish course I sent out to them the server came back to the kitchen to let me know that they don't eat fish. Yup... who felt like an ass? This guy.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM

Or just take omega 3 capsules : )

WildBoar
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Dave, good to know about you dislike of fish. I'm glad I didn't fish course you when you came in for dinner. The first time my g/f's family came into my restaurant a couple years ago we had a heavy fish-based menu. So upon their 6ish course I sent out to them the server came back to the kitchen to let me know that they don't eat fish. Yup... who felt like an ass? This guy.Hey, no sweat. I knew I was in for an adventure that night, and would be trying a few things I would not normally try. You had me eating tongue, sweatbreads, cabbage, okra, and I don't remember what else :) It's all part of the adventure -- who knows, maybe one day I will try some fish and like it. The closest I ever came was flounder stuffed with crab. "It was a dark and stormy day, set in the gray bleakness of a nearly-deserted mining town known as Pittsburgh..." :biggrin:

I have to push my boundaries. 'Cause if I don't, Leah will make me!

(and for future reference, I have no problem eating shrimp, crab claws and lobster tails/ claws :D )

Lucretia
02-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Glad Son 2.0 is here. Son 1.0 sounds scary! :scared4:

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
Or just take omega 3 capsules : )

I do maximum potency Lovaza prescription 1gram a day. That stuffs expensive trying to find a good one with no fish burps.

DeepCSweede
02-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Little secret I learned regarding the Fish Tabs (Omega 3's) - Freeze them - I don't have any fishy issues.

The Edge
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Instead of fish oil capsules, you can replace them with flax seed oil capsules that have no fishy burps.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
I do maximum potency Lovaza prescription 1gram a day. That stuffs expensive trying to find a good one with no fish burps.
Omacor is an alternative. You may just be able to use OTC (over the counter) and save money. Many drugs have alternatives become best friends with your doctor and pharmacist and use as many generics and alternatives. Doctors many times just write RX's with no thought of cost, and are very helpful when asked and will many times discuss cheaper alternatives with the pharmacist on request. The can even write on the RX's generics are fine so the pharmacist isn't brand obligated on RX order. New meds with name brands cost more to recuperate costs of "invention"until the patent runs out and the drug is made generically by anyone. Usually the original company then says we have a new costly extended release i.e. xr,xl,etc. Many doctors also get "tons" of free samples. Always ask if they have samples of medications you can use. Many doctors will be very helpful with this.

In regards to flax seed which I use sometimes.
The Mayo clinic says:

Flaxseed and its derivative flaxseed oil/linseed oil are rich sources of the essential fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid, which is a biologic precursor to omega-3 fatty acids such as eicosapentaenoic acid. Although omega-3 fatty acids have been associated with improved cardiovascular outcomes, evidence from human trials is mixed regarding the efficacy of flaxseed products for coronary artery disease or hyperlipidemia.

Hope some of the information in some way can be of use to you.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 08:38 PM
actually lovaza is the american name for omacor. I get as many samples as I can, but this new hospital and doctor refuse to help at all, so I'm going back to my old cardiologist. I eat and take tons of flax seed and chia and a few other plant based supplements.
Thanks for the information.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 08:49 PM
actually lovaza is the american name for omacor. I get as many samples as I can, but this new hospital and doctor refuse to help at all, so I'm going back to my old cardiologist. I eat and take tons of flax seed and chia and a few other plant based supplements.
Thanks for the information.
Yw best of luck hope things improve.

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 09:03 PM
thanks, me too.

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 09:54 PM
I always used the name omacor so out of the loop. Pharmacies could mis-fill Omacor with Amicar a different medication hence the name change to Lovaza. Anyway I hope you find more cost effect alternatives. If you get on a regular med regimen mail order meds may save you some money. Hey anything helps.

Lucretia
02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Instead of fish oil capsules, you can replace them with flax seed oil capsules that have no fishy burps.

And flax seed oil is great for menopause symptoms, too. But, um, guess you aren't too interested in that...:tease:

WildBoar
02-09-2012, 11:24 PM
And flax seed oil is great for menopause symptoms, too. But, um, guess you aren't too interested in that...:tease:Probably depends on how old his wife is :D

sachem allison
02-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Probably depends on how old his wife is :D

safe, no wife, but good to know.

riverie
02-10-2012, 02:51 AM
i hope everything working out for you Son. i'm sad to hear your current health, please get better, sleep more, and maybe exercise more. I'm really surprise with this news as you look much younger than your age and seems very healthy in person.
On the other hand i'm only 29 and just got diagnosed with osteoarthritis last week. Wake up in the
morning and try to walk is like a torture for me :(.

Keith Neal
02-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Son,

According to a letter from the Department of Defense Health Affairs, the following are "formulatory alternatives" to Lovaza:
fenofibrate (Lipofen, Lofibra, Triglide)
micronized
gemfibrozil (Lopid)

If you like, I can fax the letter to you. PM a fax number to me.

Best wishes,

Keith

sachem allison
02-10-2012, 12:57 PM
unfortunately I am allergic to those drugs. Thank you for the research though, i appreciate it.
thanks, son

sachem allison
02-12-2012, 01:20 PM
sold pending funds! thanks, guys!