PDA

View Full Version : Cuff Links

tkern
02-09-2012, 06:17 PM
So upon my recent viewings of James Bond movies I've come to realize that I do not own a set of cuff links. I figure a set of custom damascus cuff links would be even better. I've been talking a little bit with Randy about it and was wondering if anyone else wanted to get in on this.

Johnny.B.Good
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
I have too many sets of cuff links to consider this, but am sure Randy will produce something unique and incredible for you.

If you want an inexpensive option while you wait, I have half a dozen pairs of these (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=234&Product_Id=523063&Parent_Id=228&default_color=Red-white#) from Brooks Brothers that I like quite a bit.

ajhuff
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Cuff links are so cool! But outside of prom and two weddings I never wore/wear them.

-AJ

Deckhand
02-09-2012, 08:47 PM
I have too many sets of cuff links to consider this, but am sure Randy will produce something unique and incredible for you.

If you want an inexpensive option while you wait, I have half a dozen pairs of these (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=234&Product_Id=523063&Parent_Id=228&default_color=Red-white#) from Brooks Brothers that I like quite a bit.
It used to be brooks brothers khakis with a navy blazer and Burberry trench coat. Glad my life is more casual now.

apicius9
02-10-2012, 12:53 AM
I like the idea but I only own short sleeved and colorful shirts...:hula::aloha:

Stefan

Line cooked
02-10-2012, 01:09 PM
I would be interested. I wear cufflinks at least twice a week...and I love unique ones.

HHH Knives
02-10-2012, 01:22 PM
OK guys. Were talking about doing a short run of awesome, damascus cuff links! Im thinking 12 to 14 mm rounds and or squares. With silver or antiqued backs.
Im thinking Explosion damascus or ultra cool mosaic pattern damascus faces. The price per set is not set in stone yet. But the more pre orders we can get the better price I will be able to offer on these sets.

currently Im thinking 45.00 to 50.00 a set. this price is not set in stone just a estimate. Once I know how many sets are being made. I will lock in.. but no more then 50.00 a set for sure.

If you are interested. please post here or pm so I can start a list..

Heres a example of the patterns I was thinking for these!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/BBWIPBillet045.jpghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/BBWIPBillet019.jpg

WildBoar
02-10-2012, 02:03 PM
<sigh> I'm in. Dang it, Randy!

Probably will be a x-mas gift for my brother-in-law -- he has to dress up a lot. I try to limit dressing up myself to my weddings, and hopefully will not need another one of those for at least a few years.

oivind_dahle
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Put me down for a set of squares :)
I use a suit at work everyday, and it would be awesome with a pair of cufflinks from HHH

I liked the first damascus on the pics .)

oivind_dahle
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Squares like these ones:
http://www.dillards.com/product/Kenneth-Cole-New-York-Cutout-Rectangular-Cuff-Links_301_-1_301_502270916

I hope for a lock similar to that one as well :)

Craig
02-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm interested!

Candlejack
02-10-2012, 05:41 PM
A bit lost in translation when i saw the thread name.. i just related it to handcuffs, even though i know what cuff links are.
So i just started to wonder what a kinky little guy you where, to have damascus cuff-links made by Randy.

Then my mind wandered to places we should not go.

rsacco
02-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Count me in. I was searching the interwebs for these a while ago.

Mint427
02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
I have a set made from metorite - very cool and interesting especially when the light hits them. When I can figure out how to upload a photograph, I'll post them.

HHH Knives
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Awesome! Starting to build a list. So far we have six sets. and climbing!
If anyone wants more then one set. please let me know so I can modify the list and my count.

I would love to be at 10 sets B4 I start this, 20 would be even better. So I'm going to let this run for a little while longer then I will be contacting each of you with specific's. (price, dates. material choices and stuff!)

tkern, Line cooked, WildBoar, oivind_dahle, Craig, rsacco

Thanks guys, this is going to be fun!!

I was also thinking and on a request from a member.. That at some point in the future making and offering some forged damascus money clips. I may spend a few hours this weekend and make a couple to see how these will work out. Some would call it R&D I just call it having some fun on a Saturday afternoon!! Stay tuned!

HHH Knives
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
I have a set made from metorite - very cool and interesting especially when the light hits them. When I can figure out how to upload a photograph, I'll post them.

I think that would be a cool cuff link! I could also offer these with meteorite!! :D As a UPGRADE..

That would actually be pretty amazing. The stuff is so 3-D when the light hits it or its turned it changes. The stuff is just WILD!!!!

oivind_dahle
02-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Price metorite? I cannot pay until 1. Mars

The Edge
02-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm interested as well Randy

stevenStefano
02-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I would be very interested in a set of cufflinks. It's my dad's 60th birthday soon and I think this would be a cool little gift

oivind_dahle
02-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Stupid Question:

Any danger for radiation from the meteorite cuff links?

WildBoar
02-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I feel like this thread should be linked in some manner to the compulsive buying thread :biggrin:

jm2hill
02-11-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd like a set please Randy!

Gonna give them to my dad!

HHH Knives
02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Awesome! Its looking like this is going to happen!

Heres a updated list. if I missed someone let me know..

tkern
Line cooked
WildBoar
oivind_dahle
Craig
rsacco
The Edge
StevenStefano
jm2hill.

I will put together a group PM with all the details and send it out to you all this week. and we can get started!! I will also include the upgrade to meteorite info in the PM

If there are others interested. feel free to post up and get on the list.

Thanks guys!

HHH Knives
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Stupid Question:

Any danger for radiation from the meteorite cuff links?

As far as I know.. you wont start glowing green from this meteorite! :) Not a stupid question, actually your the 4th person that has asked a similar question..

mr drinky
02-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Count me in. Meteorite might be interesting.

k.

HHH Knives
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
K, Added you to the list. Thanks. And that makes 10!!

tkern
Line cooked
WildBoar
oivind_dahle
Craig
rsacco
The Edge
StevenStefano
jm2hill.
mr drinky

Im looking into material options and styles for the backs, and will put together a email this week letting everyone know what options will be available. sizes and materials and prices.

I want to offer them in a high quality material and a well made design. which to do so, may mean a small increase in the price per set.. But the difference in quality will be priceless! I know upgrading to better materials will equate to a end product that I will be proud to make and sell. and that you will be proud to wear and or give as a gift, etc.
Im still working on getting just the right backs to use for these. Where I can still offer them to you guys at a great price, and still make a little money.. That is always a fine line when doing business..

Stay tuned, I will be sending PM's sometime this week and will update the post accordingly..

Thanks guys for your support!

jannend
02-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Randy,

Count me in too!!!

Thanks!

oivind_dahle
02-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Im off to Dubai i 2 days, so Im in on the meteorite as long as it doesn't have radiation.
I don't like round cuff links.
Im in on what ever you guys decide.

DeepCSweede
02-13-2012, 11:57 AM
A bit lost in translation when i saw the thread name.. i just related it to handcuffs, even though i know what cuff links are.
So i just started to wonder what a kinky little guy you where, to have damascus cuff-links made by Randy.

Then my mind wandered to places we should not go.

Well - If Oivind said he was on board it is no wonder:rofl2:

GlassEye
02-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Ok, I need a pair of these.
Edit: This forum is encouraging too many ridiculous purchases.

RobinW
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm in too!
Meteorite would be cool unless the upgrade cost is prohibitive. Don't really use cuff-links as much nowadays as i used to.

Looking forward to seeing some more definitive ideas.

Thanks

HHH Knives
02-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Update, I will be working on this today and should be sending PM's at some point with the details. timeline etc.. Thanks guys!!

Updated list.

tkern
Line cooked
WildBoar
oivind_dahle
Craig
rsacco
The Edge
StevenStefano
jm2hill.
mr drinky
jannend
GlassEye
RobinW

HHH Knives
02-14-2012, 10:15 AM
Im off to Dubai i 2 days, so Im in on the meteorite as long as it doesn't have radiation.
I don't like round cuff links.
Im in on what ever you guys decide.

I should be sending out PM's today. If you leave B4 I mange to get the PM's sent out etc. I have you down for one set of meteorite oivind.

Thanks

oivind_dahle
02-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Nice!

Put them in a nice box so I can store em in my closet when I don't use em :)
This gonna be awesome! Gonna buy me a new suit just to celebrate this one! :)

PICS TO COME! + Review. I have lots of cufflinks ;)

wenus2
02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
Randy, I'd like a piece of this action.... :)

tkern
02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
You can add me for two sets. Lost a bet on Arsenal v. Sunderland

Andrew H
02-15-2012, 02:12 AM
You can add me for two sets. Lost a bet on Arsenal v. Sunderland

Never bet against Arsenal. :laugh:

tkern
02-15-2012, 02:15 AM
Oh sure.. cause you guys will be taking the premier league. 4 more days 'til revenge

jm2hill
02-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Oh sure.. cause you guys will be taking the premier league. 4 more days 'til revenge

Wow... The anger and hostility!

I like it!

:pirate1::viking:

Lets go Arsenal!

tkern
02-15-2012, 02:30 AM
ouch... i'm a new Sunderland fan but it seems there is an upwards battle to fight. Its ok.. I've been a Vikings, Knicks, and Sharks fan for years.

Andrew H
02-15-2012, 02:33 AM

More likely us than Sunderland.

tkern
02-15-2012, 02:44 AM
More likely us than Sunderland.

Cutting one's losses fits the occasion.

But we're disgressing from some great cuff links.

oivind_dahle
02-15-2012, 04:14 AM
Americans will never understand football :)

But in UK Id go for Liverpool. However the football has lost its charm, its all about money and manufacturing no charming players.
Id say the football lost its charm in the early nineties. Then it became a money sport. Back in the good old days it was fun to watch uk football. I loved Phil Neal, Kenny Daglish, Grame Sooness and all the good old lads....

Football still got it charms but thats way down in the lower divisions.

And btw:
Looking forward to the cufflinks, Im off to the airport :)

WildBoar
02-15-2012, 09:41 AM
So what is this about Randy working team logos into the cufflinks? <searches for DC United logo...> :biggrin:

DeepCSweede
02-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Randy Jr. likes a challenge, he probably could find a way to hammer it into the damascus.:groucho:

HHH Knives
02-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Alright guys, I have sent out a PM with all the info. If you signed up and did not receive a PM.. please shoot me a message and I will forward all the info to ya.

Looking forward to getting this started.. and I have another 10 ideas for amazing custom cuff links already! Im thinking BURL cuff links.. and some inlaid cuff links. and well My mind goes nuts sometimes! lol :)

Thanks
Randy

HHH Knives
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
I wanted to update this post with all the details of this just in case anyone else is interested. If you would like to get in on this pre buy. Just shoot me a PM with your info and I will get your name on the list.

Hello and good day.

This is a breakdown of the Damascus cufflink project we are dong on Kitchen Knife Forum.

The Plan. To offer you custom cuff links with damascus or meteorite faces. All will be finished with seal coat that will protect the materials from rust etc. and make upkeep easy for you.

The Price. These will be 60.00 a set for damascus and 85.00 a set for meteorite.

The Backs. Im torn between two materials at the moment. Both look great and will complement the damascus. First is antiqued copper and the second is antiqued brass. Both will be great so I will put this to a vote. Please let me know your preference and I will take a tally of the choices and make the ones that are requested most for this batch.

Estimated time till delivery will be 2 months. So far there are at least 15 sets ordered and I am hoping that some of you will either want one of each shape or materials etc.

I will be accepting payment through PayPal. or Money orders. To be collected In full when placing the order. Shipping will be 5.00 for USA and 14.00 for international shipping. that will cover one or up to 10 sets.

After I hear back from you I will send a detailed invoice through paypal. for our records.. And when these are ready to ship it will make my life easier just print a lable and ship..

Please include in your response.

Email address, full name, forum name and shipping address.
Number of sets desired.
material choice for the cufflinks... damascus, meteorite
material choice for the backs..... copper, or antiqued brass
face shape, round or square
desired payment option. PayPal or Money order.

Thanks guys. Im excited to be able to offer these, and after thinking about it. There are 100s of cool shapes and materials that could be used to make designer cuff links!!! Im thinking burl cuff links or ivory.. are gona be next!

I look forward to hearing from you all. Please try and let me know what your choices are B4 that time. And I will get invoices sent out as I can throughout the week and weekend.

mr drinky
02-15-2012, 10:55 PM
My mind goes nuts sometimes!

Thanks
Randy

Just wanted to quote this...and I sent in my info btw ;)

k.

wenus2
02-17-2012, 03:28 AM
Anybody interested in a tie tack?
Dunno how many it would take to make it worth while, but I have it on good authority that the will of the people shall inspire the man to action....

HHH Knives
02-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning.. I just wanted to say THANKS to all who have signed up for these cuff links. This has turned into a great project/distraction. lol :) And I love it!

Im leaving the sign up open till Sunday. So if you have not signed up yet. you still have a few days!! :D

Tie Tacks??? TIE TACK!?! What the heck. that is actually a great idea. If any of you would like to add a matching tie tack please post on here so I get a rough idea of how many would be interested!!

Im also working with a local craftsman trying to secure some very cool handmade wood boxes for the cuff links! Im going to provide him with my burl wood from my personal stash, and he will resaw and turn the stuff into beautiful boxes for us.

Ill let you guys that already ordered know if this or the tie tack becomes a option..
I do know he makes awesome boxes and if we can work out all the details. These will be a AWESOME addition to this pre buy!

Craig
02-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Ever since this started I've been wondering about getting a bunch of damascus buttons made and replacing some/all of the ones on one of my jackets. I can't decide if it would be too over the top.

WildBoar
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I was hoping for cuff links shaped like a wok...

mr drinky
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Ever since this started I've been wondering about getting a bunch of damascus buttons made and replacing some/all of the ones on one of my jackets. I can't decide if it would be too over the top.

Jackets would be ok I think, but you've gone too far when you put them on your pants. Bling by the ding ain't cool -- unless that's what you're into I guess ;)

k.

Edit: And if you do that jacket thing, don't ever tell your woman/date/wife about it. The quickest way to zero population growth is talking about knives, steel and how you've integrated knives into your wardrobe.

Johnny.B.Good
02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I can't decide if it would be too over the top.

Depends on the jacket I think. I wouldn't do this to a suit for example, but maybe a casual jacket of some sort would be cool.

<----------- Voted "best dressed" by my peers at Stanley Middle School if you want my credentials. ;)

HHH Knives
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Update. Tomorrow/Sunday 2/18 will be the last day for pre orders. If you would like to get in on this please post here or message me.

Everything is coming together well for this project! I have randy Jr. forging a special billet for the damascus cuff links. These are going to be awesome and very detailed and matching from side to side. :D

Anyone who has messaged me your order that has not received a PP invoice please PM me again. I may of sent it to wrong email address etc.

I want to say Thanks to tkern for starting the ball rolling on this project and to all who have signed up.. The more I have thought about these and how I plan on making them and what the final product will look like. The more excited about it I have become. These are really gona be cool and very unique and original cuff links!

On a side note, I talked to my friend who helped me design and fabricate the box I used for the Out Of This World project, about making some small storage/display boxes for these. After brain storming he and I have agreed it would be cool to offer these to you guys as a option. We plan on using some exceptional burl wood from my stash to make them. :D and they would be available and delivered with the cuff links.

As soon as I have everything figured out I will update everyone who pre-ordered through PM. with options etc.

Im really looking forward to getting started on these.

God Bless
Randy

oivind_dahle
02-28-2012, 01:12 PM
any news?

WildBoar
02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Doesn't appear to have been any.

HHH Knives
02-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey guys. I am working on it! :D

Ill post a update when I get started on them. Its gona be a couple weeks.

oivind_dahle
03-11-2012, 10:53 AM
How many ended up ordering?

HHH Knives
03-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Hello, In total there were 25 sets pre ordered.. and a couple additional sets were added after.. And because I have not started on them YET.. I am going to open it up again. if anyone else wants to pre order a set, contact me and I will get you on the list.

After having a rather large hiccups with one of the larger tools in my shop. (My forging press needed to be rebuilt). I find myself about 2 weeks behind schedule on these and all my current orders.. Im thankful that the problem was able to be resolved. as quickly as it was.. But still feeling a bit behind the 8ball.

I have BURL boxes being made that I will be offering for these.. I should have photos of a example box soon with final price point. for those who may want a classy box to store there cuff links in!

Thanks again everyone who has pre ordered. these are gona be awesome!! :)

HHH Knives
03-19-2012, 06:34 PM
UPDATE!!

Randy Jr is forging the damascus for these!! :) After looking at a couple options, we went with a Mosaic explosion pattern! Similar to the larger of the 2 pictures in this thread.. Or like this.

Ill be taking a few slices of the meteorite this week and cutting and surface grinding the pieces etc.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Damascus%20billets%20for%20sale/DamascusforsaleHHHKnives039-1.jpg

RobinW
03-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Very cool!

Looking forward to mine.

HHH Knives
03-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Its been a fun week, I managed to finish up the folder for the NRA auction.. As well as made great progress on the cuff links.

I should have a few photos to show this week. and if everything goes right. They will be ready for delivery by weeks end!

Today I finished shaping and sanding the meteorite pieces. Its always amazing to etch this stuff. Ya just never know what your gona get. But it is always awesome and so 3-D!! Even in pieces this small there is alot of movement and flash to them!

Ill try and get a couple of good pictures of them tomorrow.

HHH Knives
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
I promised a few pictures so here they are!! :cool2: The damascus ones are done, and now Im working on the meteorite ones. All should be ready for packaging and shipping by weeks end.

I am very happy with them I hope you all like them as well! :pirate1: Better photos in there boxes etc. ASAP. :thumbsup:

Luke_G
03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Stunning Randy!!
Any update on the Burl wood boxes? :scratchhead:

WildBoar
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice stuff, Randy!

HHH Knives
03-26-2012, 05:20 PM
Thanks and yes. The burl wood boxes didnt happen. After many trys. and wasted materials. It turns out that were not gona be able to offer them at this time. :(

These will however be delivered in a very nice storage/display box. Kind of like a ring box from a jewelry store. But large enough to hold them comfortably.

Its a KNIFE LIFE!
Randy

Crothcipt
03-26-2012, 07:28 PM
As usual stunning just stunning.

tkern
03-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Real nice.

The Edge
03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Very nice!!

stevenStefano
03-27-2012, 07:02 AM
They look great Randy

Craig
03-27-2012, 07:54 AM
Thanks and yes. The burl wood boxes didnt happen. After many trys. and wasted materials. It turns out that were not gona be able to offer them at this time. :(

These will however be delivered in a very nice storage/display box. Kind of like a ring box from a jewelry store. But large enough to hold them comfortably.

Its a KNIFE LIFE!
Randy

I'd rather save money on the box anyway. Just gimme the Damascus!

clayton
03-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Wow, those looks amazing. Bummed I missed the boat on these. If anyone does not want theirs let me know.

HHH Knives
03-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks Clayton.

I will be doing another round of these cufflinks, and plan to start taking orders after this first batch are delivered. More info to come!! :)

Anyone else who missed this batch or may just want another set of a different damascus pattern. Stay tuned.. as I'll announce them ASAP

clayton
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Wonderful news! Thanks!

Amon-Rukh
03-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Man, totally missed the boat on this one too. I will definitely keep an eye out for round 2 though! Tie tacks/tie bars would be awesome too....

HHH Knives
03-28-2012, 11:13 AM
OK Guys! There done.. and ready for delivery! We are going to be packaging and shipping these over the next couple days. everyone who paid with PayPal should get a email when I print there shipping label notifying you they were shipped and expected delivery dates etc. :running:

I want to say Thank you to all who participated. It was a challenging, yet fun project! Im really happy with them, and overall I think the damascus ones look the coolest! The meteorite is awesome. but I just love the look of deep etched polished damascus!! Its a personal preference. :doublethumbsup:

I was able to give everyone there requested back material. So if you asked for antiqued copper or brass. Thats what your gona get. :thumbsup:

:idea2: Im planning on making more of them, I was thinking that Black lip mother of pearl would look awesome as a cuff link.. As well as making some ivory ones. And even Oosic among other things!! The possibility's are endless. BURLWOOD!!!! I will start a NEW thread for the next batch and if we can get some pre orders like this time. We will move forward on another batch!:idea2:

Here are some picture. Enjoy. :bigeek:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7574-1.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7582.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7584.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7600.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7603.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7612.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7602.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g428/HHHKnives/Terrys%20Leather/IMG_7624.jpg

Craig
03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
So the meteorites aren't meteorite damascus?

HHH Knives
03-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Craig. Nope there solid slices of meteorite.. :) That are etched to show the pattern..

Deckhand
03-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Stunning! Since you were making a list. Blue mammoth tooth or musk ox would be interesting. As always. Can't wait to see what you do next. Your work is always amazing and never fails to impress.

HHH Knives
03-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Blue mammoth ivory would be a cool choice!! I think Black lip Mother of pearl will also look amazing!

Deckhand
03-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Blue mammoth ivory would be a cool choice!! I think Black lip Mother of pearl will also look amazing!

I had to look the black lip mother of pearl up. Does look good. Started me thinking about Maui divers black and gold coral. This place is bad for my wallet.:biggrin:

HHH Knives
03-28-2012, 03:14 PM
The reason I am thinking of using the mother of pearl, is that I have a few very nice pieces. exceptional actually.. That would be perfect for these.. There a bit small for a knife. and are jewelers grade material. Top notch stuff!!

tkern
03-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Randy, thanks for taking this half cocked idea and running with it. The work is beautiful. I'll be seeing my soon to be brother-in-law next month and a pre-wedding gift of these cuff links will be a nice way to show him "welcome to the family." Brothers tend to be protective of their sisters.

HHH Knives
03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Actually. tkern, I want to thank you for challenging me, and a great big THANK YOU to all who pre ordered.

Ill be spending the morning getting these packaged up and shipping labels made. etc. Then .. We can move on to the next projects!!! :)

I have 1 set.. ONE of damascus square shaped.. where someone backed out. If anyone is interested.. The one to post I'LL TAKE EM!! Gets em. Same price as the preorder. .. 60.00 for the set + shipping!!

rsacco
03-29-2012, 09:57 AM
I'll take em

HHH Knives
03-29-2012, 11:52 AM
rsacco,, You got it! :) Good timing. I added them to you package.

I have all the labels printed and the cuff links boxed and will be dropping them off at the post office today!

Thanks again to everyone who got in on this. and I look forward to the next batch and hearing about or seeing these in action!

God Bless
Randy, HHH Knives

HHH Knives
04-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hello, I am going to post this NOW. in hope of damage control. And to inform everyone of a possible problem IN ADVANCE!

I was informed this weekend that one of the sets of cuff links we just made. has already failed. Meaning the face seperated from the backs.

I used a new highly rated 2 part epoxy to attach the damascus to the backs. It was suppose to be the best bond available for metal to metal. Mind you. I did run a couple tests in house and it worked perfectly in my testing.. So I made the cufflinks with the new epoxy. I dont understand why there was a problem, and I am VERY hopeful, that this one is a isolated to this one set, But if not.. I will have some work to do to make this right!

I may be jumping the gun here, But want to say this in advance, If you find that there is a problem with your new cuff links. I will make it right, and do so RIGHT AWAY! Please contact me to inform me of the problem, and send them back. I intend to pay all shipping costs for you to return them for repair. etc.

My apology's for any inconvenience this may cause. and more so that I had the problem to begin with. I try VERY HARD to make everything that comes out of our shop "RIGHT" and as if I were making it for myself or a gift for my father. etc. These were no exception.. If this new glue is going to be a issue. I want to rework every one of them!! But if this is a isolated thing and its only one set or two sets that maybe the glue had already kicked a little B4 I was able to get the pieces set properly. etc. Then I will repair them.. Either way. I am truly sorry and only ask that you guys dont publicly flog me. and leave me tied to a stake for the buzzards to eat my eyes out! . Give me the chance to fix any problems and make this right!!!

Thanks and God Bless
Randy

HHH Knives
04-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Also, In my excitement and hurry to ship these out. I forgot to put care instruction in the boxes. So here its is..

The steel, and meteorite used to make these will rust. The best way to prevent this. is to wax or oil them every once in a while. Wax like Ren wax or a good car wax will work wonders!
If you prefer to use oil.. I light, clear oil works best. rub it on and let it set for a few minutes then wipe it off.

By doing this occasionally it will prevent them from rusting. The Meteorite has been treated. to slow these effects down, But can and does rust easy. Its just the nature of the material. using a wax, like a car wax or a hard wax like Lustra or Ren wax. will also work well. prevent any problems. Prior to packaging and sending these out. I treated them.

Thanks again guys.
Randy

Craig
04-02-2012, 02:43 PM
What happened to the seal coat that would prevent rust?

HHH Knives
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Craig, Its there. :) I treated all of them, But prevent and stop it are 2 different things. Just like a high carbon knife. or any other iron or steel it can and will rust.

But, with a little care. It will last a lifetime.

WildBoar
04-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Mine arrive this morning, but I will not have a chance to open until tonight. I'll let you know if there appears to be a bond issue.

HHH Knives
04-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Dave, just write return to sender on the package and send them back. then you dont have to pay shipping! Ill fix em right away and return them! lol :)

I have been working on this all day and will be repairing these with solder. After testing a few I found one that will work with the materials and is strong. I mean super strong! I tried to get it to separate. and destroyed the back.

Any and all future projects like this, jewelry style things.. will be soldered! This was a learning curve for me. I had never done cuff links or anything like this Before.
Now I know and the next round will be even better and cooler then this round. Im thinking mokume on silver backs for the next batch. :)

Again I am sorry guys. Let me make it right. and just send these all back to me like a recall! If you have not opened them. Write RETURN TO SENDER on the box and return them.

This makes 3 so far... Im now doing a TOTAL RECALL..

ATT... EVERYONE please send them back, if possible to save me shipping costs, write return to sender on the package and they will get back to me. I will make the necessary repairs and return them to you all ASAP>

HHH Knives
04-02-2012, 06:59 PM
RECALL. Please review my last couple posts for explanation.

I am asking that everyone return the cuff links, You can write "return to sender" on the package.. and it will save on time and shipping costs.

For those who are overseas etc. You may be better to send them back postage paid. So they dont get lost in the mail.

I will do my best to refund any and all postage costs as well as return shipping costs etc.

Sry for this. and I assure you. I will make it right.

God Bless
Randy

Eamon Burke
04-02-2012, 08:59 PM
That's decent of you, Randy.

This is why we love you!

WildBoar
04-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Man, I so badly want to open up the package and show your work to my wife, but I'll hold off and send them back for now. But who knows, I may change my mind before morning :sad0:

HHH Knives
04-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to update the thread. I have received many packages back this week and today will be tearing into them and reworking them. I should have the ones I have received as of today. Back in the mail and heading your way B4 Monday morning. :)

I have done my testing and some practice soldering. Im now confident that they will be perfect and we will not have any future problems with them. Thanks to everyone for being so understanding and patient with me on this. It speaks volumes about this great group of knife Knits!!!

On a side note.. Im looking into a second batch. and doing them with Sterling silver backs and possibly taking it even one step further and adding Sterling silver bezel set Mokume or Damascus of a different pattern etc. Anyone think they would like a set, I can start a list and we can start planning and working toward making this happen.

Deckhand
04-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Anybody interested in a tie tack?
Dunno how many it would take to make it worth while, but I have it on good authority that the will of the people shall inspire the man to action....
I would be in meteorite.

HHH Knives
04-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Good morning. I just wanted to update this post..

I have received a number of these back and made the repairs and sent them out today. Here is a list so far of the ones I have sent back.

Travis K ,
Dave D.
Robin W.
Don C.
Taylor E.
Karring M.

These should be back to you guys this week.

I have received another box yesterday. and will hopefully get many more this week. and will spend the day Saturday repairing them and any I get back this week will ship out first part of next week.

Thanks Guys. I look forward to getting these fixed up and starting on the next crazy cool project!
God Bless
Randy

WildBoar
04-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Randy!

Line cooked
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Thank You Randy...sent mine out Thursday

The Edge
04-17-2012, 09:36 PM
I appreciate the candor and quick solution to fixing the pending problem. It shows you take great pride in your work, and will be looking forward to getting these in the mail again. I can be excited for a second time opening them :D.

wenus2
04-18-2012, 05:04 AM
I appreciate the candor and quick solution to fixing the pending problem. It shows you take great pride in your work, and will be looking forward to getting these in the mail again. I can be excited for a second time opening them :D.
Crap, you mean I won't be the only guy in town rockin these bad boys?
We are gonna have to work out some kind of rotation :razz:

Tristan
04-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Dang, I just got back from a crazy april's worth of work related travel. And now I can't open that lovely box sitting on my kitchen countertop (all packages I receive go there. Wonder why... the gf probably thinks they are all knives)

Can I still send this back to you Randy?

HHH Knives
04-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Good day Tristan, Yes, Please send them back..

I have a few sets sitting here. that will we will be fixing and get sent out ASAP.

Again sorry about the inconvenience.

HHH Knives
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Hello, I just wanted to update this again. I have repaired and send out all the boxes that have been returned.

Thanks guys. and God Bless YA!
Randy

oivind_dahle
05-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Mine too?
If no, tell me. I can have em shipped to NYC

HHH Knives
05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Oivind dahle.. Yours have not made it back to me yet. When they do I will contact you B4 returning them for instructions

oivind_dahle
05-05-2012, 03:21 PM
WoOt! Thanks

Looking forward to em. Too bad Im not your neighbor :)

HHH Knives
05-05-2012, 03:56 PM
No problem, If we can ship them to you here in the states that even better! Theres a house that just became available right across the street. :) Neighbor.

Craig
05-09-2012, 10:59 AM
Got mine back today. Sturdily attached, I can't see these coming off again.

A word of warning to others: the damascus ones I got would definitely discolour a shirt if you just used them out of the box. I wiped mine once, oiled them, then brushed it with my thumb and it came away black. So I gave them a good rubbing with a kitchen towel (which was getting colour on each wipe) and oiled them again, they seem fine now. Gorgeous, actually. The meteorite ones were fine out of the box. I wonder if steel washes out of clothes? lol.

HHH Knives
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Craig, Good to know that they arrived safe and sound! Thanks for the report.

oivind_dahle Yours are here and ready to send out. Please let me know where to forward them.

Craig
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I've been wearing them all day, and no marks on the shirt yet. I think with some basic care before use (all of 5 minutes for me, not a big deal) they're safe.

wenus2
05-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Good to hear, thanks for the heads up Craig.

HHH Knives
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Well guys, I have had a few requests to do another batch. This time Im gona up the stakes a little and use sterling silver backs, and stainless steel damascus. Like taking it to another level!!

Any takers? There is a thread that was started on my forum. Anyone who may want to get in on the second round of custom damascus cuff links please stop in and post that your interested. Ill be making a set or two "test" pieces sometime in June The design will be new and cool! and well.. I think some of ya may really dig this second batch!

Thanks again to all who got the first ones. and for your patience and understanding on them!

Looking forward to many more!
Randy

HHH Knives
05-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Last call on custom order cuff links. Im ready to do another round and this time take it to another level, using stainless damascus and Sterling silver backs!

Anyone interested, Can contact me direct. and we will work out the details. and get your name on the list.

Thanks again guys for your support and challenging us to try new stuff like this! Anyone have any other suggestions. Shoot me a PM.

God Bless
Randy

oivind_dahle
05-17-2012, 08:18 AM
Arrived yesterday
Today is national day in Norway. I used them at once:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7235/7215031226_d808dbcbb6_z.jpg

Thanks. Cool cufflinks, and cool story to share with my friends.
Impressive to think how far this meteorite has traveled the last couple of billion years :)

DeepCSweede
05-17-2012, 08:36 AM
Happy Syttende Mai to our Norwegian Friends!!
- Oivind - Nice addition to the wardrobe. Enjoy the National Day.

oivind_dahle
05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
I wear suits to work, so these babies will see a lot of fun :)

Great job Randy. Thanks :)

HHH Knives
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Thank you Oivind. This is the first time I have seen a set being used. Great photo. my friend. and Im glad they made it to you in time for your BIG day!

God Bless
Randy