PDA

View Full Version : So Which is the Mightiest gyuto

welshstar
02-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Deleted

tk59
02-10-2012, 07:28 PM
What the hell is a "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. Easy. Nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

welshstar
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
OK

tk59
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Cool. Then I interpreted correctly. :)

welshstar
02-10-2012, 07:38 PM
No problem TK

Dont want to offend with questions to simple or not worthy.

Sorry for being so stupid

Kyle
02-10-2012, 07:41 PM
What the hell is a "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. Easy. Nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

range [reɪndʒ]
n

13. a rank, row, or series of items

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/range

You referenced Muzuno honyaki. That is one "range" or line of knives that Mizuno makes. JCK sells 4 different "ranges" (or lines) of Mizuno knives. Obviously just answering "Mizuno" wouldn't have cut it, you had to specify honyaki, which is what he was looking for.

tk59
02-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like a bad question. It's just that the Miz is such a beast.

I guess I should have written: "Gyuto range?" The mightiest gyuto I have ever seen is the Mizuno honyaki. From what I've seen, nothing not named "deba" even comes close.

My bad.

Salty dog
02-10-2012, 07:53 PM
Bummer. I would have liked to have contributed to the answer. What, it was up for how many minutes?

@ Welshstar, Perhaps you should let others respond as well?

welshstar
02-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Salty

When someone responds to a question with the first words " what the hell is " it indicates they are pissed and angry at the question

Im very sensitive to not starting any flame wars or environments where even dumb questions are jumped on, so my course of actiom was to just retreat and delete my apparently dumb question so as not to further inflame TK who has much higher standing than me in the forum

JBroida
02-10-2012, 08:05 PM
lol... i think you're taking this a bit too seriously. I'm pretty sure no offense was meant nor was the question stupid.

also, for what its worth, even within the same line, some sizes can be mighty while others thin. Better to ask about a specific brand/maker and size

welshstar
02-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Might be right Jon

Just its Friday and ive put up with a weeks worth of S**t at work and I dont need anymore !!!

JBroida
02-10-2012, 08:22 PM
i know the feeling... i say grab a large beer (like a 750ml), sit down, have a drink, and revisit this later

Deckhand
02-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Might be right Jon

Just its Friday and ive put up with a weeks worth of S**t at work and I dont need anymore !!!
Jon is right hoping people will lighten up. Sorry you had a bad day others may have as well. We never know.
Maybe a maguro bocho tuna knife or a Watanabe kujira hocho (whale knife) *like Bishamon's for a mighty knife.,or Salty's The Queen Mother of all knives *Mizuno Tanrenjo 390mm special blue steel honyaki yanagi.
Maybe you are just looking for an actual gyuto style either way seeing those knives will cheer you up if you see them.

welshstar
02-10-2012, 08:26 PM
i know the feeling... i say grab a large beer (like a 750ml), sit down, have a drink, and revisit this later

Great plan

In fact im going to brave the snow and ice and walk to the local Microbrewery and have several large beers !!!

I will blame all posts when i return on u !!!

JBroida
02-10-2012, 08:32 PM
i accept responsibility for this... have fun

slowtyper
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
What the hell is going on here?

Salty dog
02-10-2012, 10:26 PM
My best posts are under the influence. At least I think so.

Who wants to talk about a f%^&* up week?

I'll post the article tomorrow.

ThEoRy
02-10-2012, 10:55 PM
What the hell is going on here?

What the hell kinda question is this??!

memorael
02-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Who's getting some tonight?

sachem allison
02-10-2012, 11:37 PM

not me, that's for damn sure!

sachem allison
02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
My best posts are under the influence. At least I think so.

Who wants to talk about a f%^&* up week?

I'll post the article tomorrow.
I bet my week was more f%$*ed up then yours.lol

Chef Niloc
02-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Cutco

Salty dog
02-11-2012, 01:36 AM
I bet my week was more f%$*ed up then yours.lol

How much are you willing to put on that bet?

Tristan
02-11-2012, 01:59 AM

I'm in for $50 on that bet. If your restaurant is still standing Salty, my week was probably worse than yours. Gods. Who saw that truck

Johnny.B.Good
02-11-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm guessing my speeding ticket doesn't put me in the running for first place.

mr drinky
02-11-2012, 02:35 AM

I would bet my two weekends ago against it -- though I might still lose.

k.

Edit: But I am not betting against Son. I know his was worse than mine.

tkern
02-11-2012, 02:35 AM

Maybe.. if I'm quick enough that she doesn't wake up.

Salty dog
02-11-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm in for $50 on that bet. If your restaurant is still standing Salty, my week was probably worse than yours. Gods. Who saw that truck

But I have insurance.

There is a battle on the horizon. Don't believe a thing that you read.
http://caledonia.patch.com/articles/caledonia-man-who-allegedly-drove-drunk-had-loaded-gun-in-his-car

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 09:20 AM
But I have insurance.

There is a battle on the horizon. Don't believe a thing that you read.
http://caledonia.patch.com/articles/caledonia-man-who-allegedly-drove-drunk-had-loaded-gun-in-his-car

Hmm.. Can I use a week last year. I want to play. Like a Jerry Springer Show. Involved my wife, my wife's stepbrother the kids called uncle that was a multiple degreed black belt, video cameras, photos, texts, emails, abortions,the hood of my car, jail, dropped charges, lawyers saying they would have done worse, dropped charges after quitting a job for severance money to pay bail bonds.

Salty dog
02-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Life. It' gets weird sometimes.

I have a little history with these guys. That's another story.

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Life. It' gets weird sometimes.

I have a little history with these guys. That's another story.
I had a little "history" I have been sober 22 years, but that was a bad week only time in recovery to spend a night. Wanted to do much worse defending my family,but didn't need kids having to "visit." Love my kids and they need their dad. I like my life boring. Don't like drama. Haven't for years. Play with the kids,hang out with the wife, pet the dog, cook, etc.

Salty dog
02-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I hear you. That's the part that pisses me off. I'm a saint.

Tristan
02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Hmm, job is up in the air, lost nearly half my life savings in a stock deal related to said job and how everything that management has been promising and saying from the moment I was hired basically went for a toss when the big no.1 & 2 men were fired. And 6 hours before friday morning, everything looked set, and career was taking off with the new role and I was planning a tour to europe. Now I'm wondering if i should sell some **** that I don't need just in case.

Life does get weird. I'm glad for my health, and the love of the most ridiculously understanding woman I've ever met. Doesn't hurt that I think she's beautiful.

Hang in there Salty, I hope it slides off and nothing comes of it for you.

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep. I get it. I have lived a right way of life for years now. Hang out with a good crowd. Joe Pfister who started Saber fishing rods and ran Seeker fishing rods. A little group of us fish, go out to eat, and meet once a week for coffee. My kids run up and hug me every day. I make their lunches, do homework with them,etc. Hopefully, I am done with any Karma. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't a freight train. This too shall pass. Hope it improves for you.

dough
02-11-2012, 10:10 AM
well thats a mess.

in my experience having a license to carry is fine but if you are actually carrying a loaded firearm its cause for major concern and harassment.

i used to carry and belong to a few gun clubs but no longer to me its more harassed then hanging out at the dope boys houses. dope boys grease the palms though and carry throw away pieces. gun clubs from what i know are upstanding people that enjoy owning and maintaining their firearms and abilities.

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Illegitimi non carborundum

Andrew H
02-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Let's try and keep the discussion somewhat on topic, guys.

NO ChoP!
02-11-2012, 11:19 AM
"According to the report, Sebastian called one of the police officers “a rookie multiple times and was swearing and being belligerent about the arrest. Scott said the Caledonia Police Department was the Gestapo.”"

That's the Scott I know....lol

This was after hanging out @ INdustri and talking knives? Oh lord, now I feel responsible.......

(For anyone not familiar, concealed carry has been a BIG deal here in Wisco, and this story will get more publicity than it deserves...)

Sorry Andrew; hadn't seen your post, as I was typing my response....)

NO ChoP!
02-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Back on topic;

Zakuri; I've read these are pretty darn beefy, no?

sachem allison
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM

I had two heart attacks, died and had heart surgery this week.

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=Andrew H;80336]Let's try and keep the discussion somewhat on topic, guys.[/QUOTE

Sorry for my part in hijacking the deleted topic thread. :scared4::scratchhead:

Andrew H
02-11-2012, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Andrew H;80336]Let's try and keep the discussion somewhat on topic, guys.[/QUOTE

Sorry for my part in hijacking the deleted topic thread. :scared4::scratchhead:

And the thread has such a cryptic name, how could anyone know what the OP is talking about?

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Really meant sorry. No worries.

memorael
02-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Mightiest Gyuto ever I would have to say... a Henckels forged chef knife. Its basically a deba in disguise.

PierreRodrigue
02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe.. if I'm quick enough that she doesn't wake up.

:rofl2: :lmao:

Deckhand
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
:rofl2: :lmao:
Agree! Oops off topic again. :D

mr drinky
02-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Let's try and keep the discussion somewhat on topic, guys.

Exactly what is that topic again?

Deleted.

k.

NO ChoP!
02-11-2012, 02:16 PM
I had two heart attacks, died and had heart surgery this week.

Well at least you didn't run out of milk...

Jeez, glad you're still with us fine sir. And Salty owes you $50....

mr drinky
02-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Jeez, glad you're still with us fine sir.

Hear hear.

k.

add
02-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Well at least you didn't run out of milk...

Jeez, glad you're still with us fine sir. And Salty owes you $50....

If I was Salty, Id' wait to pay until after any trial... :eek2:

Seriously, Godspeed to all members here and their bad weeks.

Oh, mightiest gyuto?
dunno

stevenStefano
02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
To drag this thread back on topic. Off the top of my head, Watanabe, Heiji, Mizuno. Why do you ask Alan? Have you been using thin knives and want to try something a little different? I think I like knives that are at opposite ends of the scale, as in knives that are either big and mighty but well ground, or else lasers that cut very well.

Dave Martell
02-11-2012, 07:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/dmart/FORGET_THIS_THREAD.gif

ejd53
02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Illegitimi non carborundum

That was my father's favorite saying :biggrin:. I remember trying to figure out what it meant when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

Deckhand
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
That was my father's favorite saying :biggrin:. I remember trying to figure out what it meant when I was about 5 or 6 years old.

Thanks. It is a good quote and mindset.