PDA

View Full Version : Advice for chef coat in LONG size/ not just BIG

NO ChoP!
02-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Often times I find XXL to be too short, so I go XXXL, which really only adds girth and not length. I have recently switched to XXLT for my normal clothes, but in search of Chef Coats, I contacted Chef Wear, and they soon after started to produce the 5-Star in white in a tall size. So far they are the only ones I could find.

Any advice on a custom site that's not too pricey?

pumbaa
02-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Look at chefuniforms.com I have their coats and they are pretty decent for the price. Ialmost have the same problem but I cannot find bistro aprons with long strings.

ajhuff
02-24-2012, 12:53 PM
I wear the Chefwear Tall also. Would love to know of any alternatives too.

-AJ

chefofthefuture
02-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Culinary Classics can make one in a tall size for you (custom jacket), but they tend to run on the expensive side. With that said though, I have few coats from them and they're among the best I have.

knyfeknerd
03-05-2012, 08:26 AM
A good budget jacket -Chef Works. The Restaurant Depot in my town sells them. I don't think they do tall sizes, but I feel like their coats run a little larger and taller than any other brand. Super cheap too. If you've got a Restaurant Depot in town, I would try one on.
http://www.chefworks.com/?page=shop/dev201104_browse_coats_collection&category=coats&PHPSESSID=12e980v9fi61oa2q6sgea2gu33

pumbaa
03-05-2012, 01:48 PM
A good budget jacket -Chef Works. The Restaurant Depot in my town sells them. I don't think they do tall sizes, but I feel like their coats run a little larger and taller than any other brand. Super cheap too. If you've got a Restaurant Depot in town, I would try one on.
http://www.chefworks.com/?page=shop/dev201104_browse_coats_collection&category=coats&PHPSESSID=12e980v9fi61oa2q6sgea2gu33

I shop at that exact RD they are cheap, their pants also run pretty long.

stevenStefano
03-05-2012, 02:07 PM
I've bought Chefworks stuff and it was pretty good, just trousers though and yes they do go a little big which is good after you've washed them loads of times. Sizes for Chef clothes are really weird, I'm 6'2 and 190lbs and I wear Small jackets