PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning leather strops?

aaronsgibson
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Hey all. Well as the title suggest, is there a way to clean unloaded leather strops? My horse strop isn't looking its best, (no scratches and such) so I was wondering if leather cleaner wouldn't help clean it up. Thanks again guys.

Chef Niloc
03-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Bick leather cleaner works great and is made to use with leather but any waterless hand cleaner like goop with out pomes in it works fine too.

Chifunda
03-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Bick leather cleaner works great and is made to use with leather but any waterless hand cleaner like goop with out pomes in it works fine too.

I seem to remember Keith at Handamerican recommending waterless hand cleaner from your friendly local auto supply store.

aaronsgibson
03-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys. Went for the Bick leather cleaner as I also want to clean up a pig strop of mine that has some miles on her. Thanks again.

Chef Niloc
03-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys. Went for the Bick leather cleaner as I also want to clean up a pig strop of mine that has some miles on her. Thanks again.

The #3 leather conditioner is also safe to use on strops, only conditioner I have found that won't mess up Shell or suede. Another trik is to mix dry abrasives (green chrome, diamond dust) in it to get a good spread