PDA

View Full Version : Android Angle Measurement

ThEoRy
03-11-2012, 05:10 PM
In honor of Google changing names from Android Market to Google Play Store, many an app or game is on sale for a fraction of it's original cost. One of them, Smart Tools, is a great app with 14 measuring devices built in. You can use this app to measure angles when sharpening. Works really good and for only $0.25 it's a must have! Act now before the price goes back up. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kr.aboy.tools&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImtyLmFib 3kudG9vbHMiXQ..

Crothcipt
03-11-2012, 05:41 PM
ya Kitchen Confendential was on sale the other day. I will have to pick this one up.

WildBoar
03-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm leery of the angle measurement apps. Tried two different ones at a project site lately, and the results varied by more then they should have. And when we checked the angle using old-school methods, we found neither app gave an accurate answer.

GlassEye
03-11-2012, 11:34 PM
The angle meter I use on my iPhone4, "Angle Meter", is accurate and free. I rarely check my angle while sharpening though, I tend to go feel and how the bevel looks, and most importantly how it cuts.

ThEoRy
03-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I'm not saying this is a must have for sharpening or anything as I've been doing just fine without it for years. I just thought it would be cool to check it out and see about what angles I was using. Seems ok for that so I figured if anyone was interested, might as well get it now.

ajhuff
03-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Anyway, thanks for the tip! I've spent about $3 in the last two days on a handful of great apps!

-AJ